• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friendships between men and women

Riders

Can they be friends without sexual feelings come between them? I have a couple of nice guy friends from OA who never talk sex with me. What's your opinion? Heres the journal entry I put in for it.

I have had a chance to talk to one guy friend from OA who is really nice. But as my sister put it. it is not a relationship; we are just chat buddies.
So y'all can respond to this if you want. So, my sister was talking to me the other day about getting chat buddies. She said why don't you get woman friends from a bible study group to be your friend that way you won't be lonely.

I get her point, I do want to bond with women this year. But I need my chat buddies and guy friends too. She said your just the type of woman who has to have male friends or male chat buddies admit it.

I said yes I do but I can find nice guys to be friends with me in OA. But I see her point. Sometimes I think maybe I should reach out to women more. But the way she said it made me feel like she was speaking of someone with a bad reputation, and if having guy friend's even if its clean no funny stuff going on: gives me a bad reputation; sounds like I might not ever get into a relationship because of my reputation with having male friends.
So that's another thing I have to worry about.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Absolutely. I've had great friendships with many men through the years. I had male friends when I met and married my husband, and he had female ones.

I've met a few people that don't seem to be able to have friendships with whatever gender they're attracted to without sexual tension, but these tend to be rather immature individuals. I'd say most sensible folks manage this just fine.

Riders

Absolutely. I've had great friendships with many men through the years. I had male friends when I met and married my husband, and he had female ones.

I've met a few people that don't seem to be able to have friendships with whatever gender they're attracted to without sexual tension, but these tend to be rather immature individuals. I'd say most sensible folks manage this just fine.
Well I love it, it helps me with loneliness.