• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frequency of attendance to religious activities

Muffled

Jesus in me
Is there a correlation between frequency of religious attendance and religious fanaticism?

I suspect you are talking about negative fnaticism that does not come from the religion itself. Negative hings come from the devil.

More attendance could have the revese affect, steering a person away from negative fanaticism into the truth.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Is there a correlation between frequency of religious attendance and religious fanaticism?

It depends on how you define fanaticism.

Last December I worked on a study that looked the correlation between religious factors and political stances. There is statistical correlation between religious participation and political stances such as support for school prayer and pro-life legislation.

But, like others have said, there is nothing to indicate causation. There are a whole host of variables that influence those issues.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Godwilling,

Firstly attendance does not mean present for there for anything spiritual.
Have seen boys attend places of worship to find girls and sure the other way round is true!
Rgds *fanaticism* well it is a mind disease, can be for anything, anywhere for any reason depending on what the mind has fed on!

Love & rgds