• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frankincense

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I buy my incense at Walmart, so it's not of the highest quality, but are there certain scents that spirits are pleased by?

I keep shrines to victims of rape, torture, and murder. I feel they want me to love and honor them and make of my body a temple for their spirits. Since they had it rough in this life, I pray that they have great reward in the next life, and I pray for their intentions, and that they reach the first degree of beauty, power, Perfection, and exaltation in heaven.

Yes, I have pictures of murdered people all over my room.

Yeah... it sounds super creepy, but I have to follow my convictions on this.

I buy them Flowers, chant their names, and burn candles and incense before them, chant the Liturgy of the Hours, chant the rosary, chant the Divine Mercy Chaplet, pray novenas, silence the mind and listen to the heart... that's my life...

I feel it bears much fruit and leads to religious ecstasy and sober euphoria.

We are a team. For the first time there is no drama in my life, and I have found peace.

I got into trouble with the police making shrines in the woods, and they thought for sure they had found a future serial killer and they came to my room and were taking pictures and stuff.

They never found one of the bodies of the victims I was venerating, and they were sure I had something to do with it.

I bought Frankincense today... earlier I bought all kinds of different scents. Frankincense sounds superior to the rest because it's in the Bible.

Anyway, what is your experience with incense? Does it seem to please the spirit(s) you are venerating?

Does the quality of the incense and the scent matter?

I keep candles and incense burning all the time, but the most important incense to keep burning and offer to the spirit people is the incense of the heart, keeping the fires of divine love burning within one's bosom, that's what's most important ;)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyway, what is your experience with incense?

I find it smothering. It is also harmful to the lungs according to some doctors. I prefer air freshner.

Does it seem to please the spirit(s) you are venerating?

I venerate no spirits; only people who I believe exist or existed. Offhand, I can think of at least half a dozen ways to please them that are healthier than incense.

Does the quality of the incense and the scent matter?

Not much. I avoid it either way.

Pizza smells better than incense, in my opinion. Its smell also doesn't harm the lungs, which is a plus!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I love nag champa and the scent of it triggers nostalgic memories for me. The only spirits I associate with it are of the drinkable variety, the taste of which also triggers nostalgic memories.

Last edited: