• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Schaeffer - I (and other "Pro-Life" leaders) Contributed to Tiller's Death

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
2) The wingnuts on the right are far more likely to follow up with violent (and deadly) actions than those on the extreme left.
Sorry Scarecrow, a young service man just got killed in Arkansas for doing nothing more than wearing a uniform.
Call it the "Solve a Problem with a Bullet" club.

I guess the club is not exclusive to the right.

In an effort to get back on topic, do you believe we can blame the death of this solider on the left wing media? They do hype torture and abuse and could work a Liberal into a froth as well.

Do you see how the door can swing both ways? I believe it is silly to play the blame game. People should take responsibility for their actions and I believe we have another candidate for death row. :D

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Sorry Scarecrow, a young service man just got killed in Arkansas for doing nothing more than wearing a uniform.

I guess the club is not exclusive to the right.

In an effort to get back on topic, do you believe we can blame the death of this solider on the left wing media? They do hype torture and abuse and could work a Liberal into a froth as well.

Do you see how the door can swing both ways? I believe it is silly to play the blame game. People should take responsibility for their actions and I believe we have another candidate for death row. :D

The door definitely swings both ways, and I completely agree that the club is not exclusive to the right side of the aisle. That said, I do unequivocally believe that the scales tip heavily toward the right.

Not to belabor the point, but I noticed (in the article that I read) that the killer in Arkansas is a Muslim convert. I saw nothing that said he was a Democrat, or a liberal.

If you are honest, I think you would agree that the hate talk that we are inundated with comes predominantly from the right - very much so.

With all of that said, I absolutely agree that we have another candidate for death row. This guy, regardless of his political or religious bent, needs to sleep with the fishes.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The door definitely swings both ways, and I completely agree that the club is not exclusive to the right side of the aisle. That said, I do unequivocally believe that the scales tip heavily toward the right.
Point taken
Not to belabor the point, but I noticed (in the article that I read) that the killer in Arkansas is a Muslim convert. I saw nothing that said he was a Democrat, or a liberal.
Thanks for making that observation, you are correct. I guess my point was he might have got his views from MSNBC.
If you are honest, I think you would agree that the hate talk that we are inundated with comes predominantly from the right - very much so.
Silly Scarecrow, while we sometimes disagree, I have always been honest with you. I believe the issue here is perspective. I will agree that right wing radio out numbers the left, mostly because the left is talking on their cellphones and listening to their I-pods where conversely, the old farts listen to talk radio. Do you believe we should start removing venues? All you will accomplish is raising the stock price for satellite radio and cause the old farts to improve their technology, (heaven forbid). :D
With all of that said, I absolutely agree that we have another candidate for death row. This guy, regardless of his political or religious bent, needs to sleep with the fishes.
:yes:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
There's something - hypocritical, to put it nicely - about declaring abortion genocide and then trying to distance yourself from pro-life terrorists. If we are to believe that reproductive freedom is a synonym for a "second Holocaust," Tiller's murderer took a reasonable outlet and all these "legalist" pro-lifers are cowards. Or, perhaps, abortion isn't comparable to the death of those already born? At least some can admit their linguistic mistakes.

Of course I think the pro-life position is nothing short of an entrapment for female individualism, negating any sympathy I have for the terrorist.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
There's something - hypocritical, to put it nicely - about declaring abortion genocide and then trying to distance yourself from pro-life terrorists. If we are to believe that reproductive freedom is a synonym for a "second Holocaust," Tiller's murderer took a reasonable outlet and all these "legalist" pro-lifers are cowards. Or, perhaps, abortion isn't comparable to the death of those already born?
If they really believed their own rhetoric, they'd all be terrorists. Unfortunately, some people do believe their rhetoric.

Of course I think the pro-life position is nothing short of an entrapment for female individualism, negating any sympathy I have for the terrorist.
Listen to pro-lifers sometime; it's very instructive. Notice how many times you hear some variation on this line:

"If she didn't want a baby, she shouldn't have sex."​

I really think a lot of the feeling behind the movement comes from a desire to restrict women sexually. Women who have abortions are assumed to be sinners, and childbirth is the price they must pay for their sin.

I think that's also the reason why so many people can be adamantly opposed to abortion in general, but approve of it when the issue hits home. Almost a third of women who have abortions are Catholic; 18% are "born again" or Evangelical. Because, you see, it's different when Melissa comes home pregnant. She's always been a good girl; she's nothing like that trash down at the clinic. She just made a mistake; she still deserves an education. We're not going to see her life and reputation ruined just because that boy took advantage of her. We'll just take a short trip out of town, and we can be back on the picket line at the clinic by next week.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
You Liberals do this all the time. Take my words out of context, you may have a point. Did you see where I called the "good doctors" killer a hypocrite and hoped he burned in hell? How could you give me credit for inciting someone to be a POS like that?

Instead, you focus on the doctor and what you "understand" his practice was about. These lives that where on the line where diagnosed many time as depression. Anyone can be depressed and that pretty much is abortion on demand.

Now, please show me where I said Tillers killing was a good thing?

For all the crap I give you on other subjects, I have to speak up on this one to let you know that I actually agree with you. It's impossible for me to defend abortions as late as 9 months in or any time when it's deemed that the baby could live outside of the mother. I think your original comment was reasonable and misconstrued.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
There's something - hypocritical, to put it nicely - about declaring abortion genocide and then trying to distance yourself from pro-life terrorists. If we are to believe that reproductive freedom is a synonym for a "second Holocaust," Tiller's murderer took a reasonable outlet and all these "legalist" pro-lifers are cowards. Or, perhaps, abortion isn't comparable to the death of those already born? At least some can admit their linguistic mistakes.

So Gene, to get you on topic, could you tell me if Tillers Killer is the only one responsible for this death?