• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News/Tea Party Railroad??

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Of course as liberals are hysterically claiming that Fox news was responsible for Sherrod's forced resignation (which is false) and anointing Sherrod as the next coming of Jesus Christ it turns out that Sherrod is indeed a loon. In an interview with CNN, Sherrod claimed that Breitbart wants to bring back slavery.

But, judging from what passes as liberal discourse these days, I wouldn't be surprised if this is considered substantive analysis by this nut Sherrod.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Hi Smoke,

I know, doesn't this show the thin skin of the left? I mean, so Fox is going after you, so what? It's just one channel.

Shouldn't we demand honest, accurate, credible and objective reporting from anyone who claims to be journalists regardless of our own political leanings? Do you put partisanship before principles?

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Father,

Shouldn't we demand honest, accurate, credible and objective reporting from anyone who claims to be journalists regardless of our own political leanings? Do you put partisanship before principles?

Of course, but why should the Obama administration care about Fox going after them? I read a story where during the 2008 presidential campaign McCain would watch Keith Olbermann and it would actually bother him. Isn't the press supposed to be adversarial? And sometimes this will go over the line, but I believe we are big boys here and we can handle it (unless you are Obama and McCain).

Smoke

Done here.
Of course as liberals are hysterically claiming that Fox news was responsible for Sherrod's forced resignation (which is false)
The Obama administration was responsible for her forced resignation. FakeNews was responsible for irresponsible reporting, but not for the stupid decisions of the administration.

In an interview with CNN, Sherrod claimed that Breitbart wants to bring back slavery.
Well, what would be wrong with that, Joe? The slaves were happy and well-cared for, right? ;)

Smoke

Done here.
I'd personally lend you the money to register with one, but I can't afford it either.
One fellow I know picked a newspaper (NYT) instead of a network.
I hate and distrust everybody; therefore I have to rely on a variety of sources in an attempt to defeat their biased coverage. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hate and distrust everybody; therefore I have to rely on a variety of sources in an attempt to defeat their biased coverage. :)

Ah, hate....I embrace it as well. As I've said before, all my sources infuriate me.
I'd get very uncomfortable if I started to feel comfortable with one.
Bias, trickery, ignorance, faith, good intentions & sloppy work afflict them all at one time or another.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
In your judgment, should the news media refuse to run any story unless they have a video of it happening? Should they retract any report of any event which turns out not to have been captured on video?

Not necessarily - but there has never been any proof that those events happened as they were reported on MSNBC. You would think that with the MASSIVE amount of people there with video cameras, and with the plethora of actual VIDEOS of the actual MOMENTS that the politicians claim they were being called the N word - one single video as proof of these allegations would have surfaced by now.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think the term "media circus" is an accurate one. I cannot think of one single media source that I trust to be unbiased.

I watch and read "news" from a variety of sources and I figure that the truth is somewhere in the middle of their politically-biased morass of agendas.

The problem is when we only listen to the left or right - or one favorite media source. We can be just about guaranteed to be receiving unbalanced opinion rather than news in that case.

Read, people, read - read even from sources you dislike and distrust. What is it they say - "Hold your friends close, and your enemies closer?"

In order to truly understand another's perspective, you have to LISTEN to them. And you can only claim to be wise when you truly UNDERSTAND another's position and motivations.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Smoke,

The Obama administration was responsible for her forced resignation. FakeNews was responsible for irresponsible reporting, but not for the stupid decisions of the administration.

Exactly, and if I not mistasken but the NAACP had the full video of Sherrod's speech.

Well, what would be wrong with that, Joe? The slaves were happy and well-cared for, right?

LOL!