• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forum Members' changing religious beliefs..

dust1n

Zindīq
After spending months/years on this forum are the forum members' religious beliefs likely to change?
So who's winning....christianity, islam, atheism, etc, etc,?
Does one particular religion tend to pull in the forum members?
edit: Or do members' religious beliefs tend to stay the same?
:D
Silver

I started as an atheist, converted to Hinduism, than Taoism, than non-theistic Satanism, than the Baha'i faith, dabbled in UU, than got baptized at a Pentecostal church, switched to Pagan rituals, than Buddha, than the Greek orthodox church, picked up the Qu'ran, switched back to Taoism, than became an atheist once more.

It's been a long trip.

stiletto

Naughty But Nice
I'm new here so my opinion is not based on experience, but I don't think a website can change your beliefs unless you are already questioning your beliefs.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I started as an atheist, converted to Hinduism, than Taoism, than non-theistic Satanism, than the Baha'i faith, dabbled in UU, than got baptized at a Pentecostal church, switched to Pagan rituals, than Buddha, than the Greek orthodox church, picked up the Qu'ran, switched back to Taoism, than became an atheist once more.

It's been a long trip.
All since you got here? :eek:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
humanity, hopefully. i would be happy if people turn to God, sure, but my intention here is to find common ground with others. if humanity wins, we all win
That's a very UU sentiment. ;)

Joking aside, ITA.

To the OP, with the help of some lively discussions, I've refined some of my theological ideas, but no major shakeups. :(

As for my religion, my understanding of UU has deepened and expanded, but that's more due to my heavy involvement in my church than anything here.

MSizer

MSizer
I challenge people on their religious beliefs, but I believe that when you belive that you can justify your actions by appealing to a supernatural being, your beliefs should be challenged. Actions IMO need to be justified using expressed principles which can be epistimologically verified by all other people.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I used to be an atheist. Now I'm a smug, arrogant atheist.

Well, don't you have to be pretty arrogant to not believe that an all-powerful, eternal being exists, who created everything, and doesn't have a special interest in one particular lifeform, that's existed on one infintesimal speck in the vast cosmos for a brief blip in the time? I mean, how arrogant to think that our insignificant presence isn't the primary focus of an omnipotent being.