• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For whom did Christ die?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Mat 10:34-36
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
(36) And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Luk 12:51-53
(51) Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
(52) For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
(53) The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

So when I ask for help defending Yeshua’s grave from robbing Pharisees (John, Paul, Simon) where is the help?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Mat 10:34-36
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luk 12:51-53
(51) Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
(52) For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
(53) The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

So when I ask for help defending Yeshua’s grave from robbing Pharisees (John, Paul, Simon) where is the help?

The grave is empty and needs no defense. What does this have to do with the topic, BTW?

wizanda

Premium Member
The grave is empty and needs no defense. What does this have to do with the topic, BTW?
How many times do people keep defending the argument of me using Christ's words (Matthew, Mark, Luke) and people using Pharisees (Simon, Paul, John)....

sojourner

Mark and Luke both state that the grave was empty. Again, what does this have to do with the topic?

wizanda

Premium Member
Mark and Luke both state that the grave was empty. Again, what does this have to do with the topic?
That if quoting the Pharisees and believing on the Pharisees….it shows we can not be following Christ at the same time...
So in "claiming an inheritance from the vine dressers sons death, you shall receive nothing".....
How can this discussion even take place, Yeshua removed Grace and Inheritance and so unless following Pharisees, repentance and following the commandments is what he asked....
So if all of those take from the commandments, to the point of everyone being defiled....how? what topic?

sojourner

I'm sorry. I thought you said that Mark and Luke were OK.

The topic is: For whom did Christ die?

The answer is: for the sake of humanity.

wizanda

Premium Member
I'm sorry. I thought you said that Mark and Luke were OK.

The topic is: For whom did Christ die?

The answer is: for the sake of humanity.
Mat 12:36-37
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Mat 10:34-37
(37) He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Mar 7:9-13
(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
(10) For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
(11) But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban (offering), that is to say, a gift (sacrifice), by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
(12) And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

(Mar 4:17) And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

wizanda

Premium Member
blah blah blah
He died to get rid of the ungodly, who speak wrongly to people trying to help them....

"By your words"

He did not save other then repentance and faith in God....Grace and Inheritance were removed by him….especially to those stealing or perjuring….

sojourner

And by his very example of "setting the record straight," his example of life has great value for all humanity. And every aspect of his life (including his death) carries great value for us, as well.

wizanda

Premium Member
And by his very example of "setting the record straight," his example of life has great value for all humanity. And every aspect of his life (including his death) carries great value for us, as well.
What death?
How can anything that belongs to God be dead?

sojourner

Christ is not dead. But he did die, so that he might triumph over death, thereby leading us into the paradigm of eternal life.

A

angellous_evangellous

He died to get rid of the ungodly, who speak wrongly to people trying to help them....

"By your words"

He did not save other then repentance and faith in God....Grace and Inheritance were removed by him….especially to those stealing or perjuring….

blah blah blahblahlah

wizanda

Premium Member
Mar 7:7-13
(7)
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(8) For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
(10) For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
(11) But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is an Offering (Corban), that is to say, a Sacrifice (gift), by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

sojourner

Mar 7:7-13
(7)
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(8) For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
(11) But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is an Offering (Corban), that is to say, a Sacrifice (gift), by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

I'd really, really, really like to know what you think this passage has to do with the OP?