• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For trinity believers: Does your world come unravelled if Jesus is not God,but ONLY Gods Son?

cataway

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, unto us a son is given ... and he will be called Mighty God, Everlasting Father,

He was both Father and Son. The Father is the eternal Spirit dwelling in the body. The Son is the body the Father made to dwell in and sacrifice for sin.
mighty god, yes , but never called almighty god

cataway

He, Jehovah, was the originator. He didn't need help.
and yet,Col1 15 He is the image of the invisible God,+ the firstborn of all creation;+ 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,+ whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him+ and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things,+ and by means of him all other things were made to exist"

i'd say he had a major part in the work that was done

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
and yet,Col1 15 He is the image of the invisible God,+ the firstborn of all creation;+ 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,+ whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him+ and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things,+ and by means of him all other things were made to exist"

I have no problem with that, especially since the son was the first-born of all creation. Created through him and for him.

TrueBeliever37

Your take on these verses is in direct conflict with the other verse where YHWH said he was alone and by himself.

He is the image because he was the body the invisible God of heaven took on. But he wasn't another person. There is only ONE God.

That body did not exist until it was born. It was made of a woman, and made under the law. Galatians 4:4

TrueBeliever37

He has all power in heaven and earth. That makes him almighty. If you understood that he is God, you would know he is the almighty. God was dwelling in that body.

He is the head of ALL principality and power. Colossians 2:9-10

cataway

He has all power in heaven and earth. That makes him almighty. If you understood that he is God, you would know he is the almighty. God was dwelling in that body.

He is the head of ALL principality and power. Colossians 2:9-10
and yet he calls to his God even asking for permission that certain thing happen . if Jesus was almighty , he would not ask . he would just do what ever he wanted

YoursTrue

Could be...but he was not like Eve who wanted to do things without consulting with God. Adam followed in her footsteps.

YoursTrue

Your take on these verses is in direct conflict with the other verse where YHWH said he was alone and by himself.

He is the image because he was the body the invisible God of heaven took on. But he wasn't another person. There is only ONE God.

That body did not exist until it was born. It was made of a woman, and made under the law. Galatians 4:4
When I look at the verses in question, he could have been directing his question to humans. None of them were with him when He created the heavens and the earth.

TrueBeliever37

and yet he calls to his God even asking for permission that certain thing happen . if Jesus was almighty , he would not ask . he would just do what ever he wanted
The flesh was calling out to the Spirit. The Father (the Spirit) was dwelling in that body.

TrueBeliever37

and yet that body did die . it took an act of the god the almighty to put life ,spirit life ,back into Jesus
Not sure what you are trying to prove with that statement. The Messiah said destroy this temple (referring to his body) and in 3 days I will raise it up. The almighty God (YHWH) was dwelling in that body. That was the body YHWH took on to sacrifice for our sins.

cataway

Not sure what you are trying to prove with that statement. The Messiah said destroy this temple (referring to his body) and in 3 days I will raise it up. The almighty God (YHWH) was dwelling in that body. That was the body YHWH took on to sacrifice for our sins.
you found something God can not do

jimb

Premium Member
He, Jehovah, was the originator. He didn't need help.
John 1:1-3a, "In the beginning was the Word [Jesus], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being."

jimb

Premium Member
Genesis 17:1, "When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless."

Genesis 35:11, "God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall spring from you."

Genesis 48:3, "And Jacob said to Joseph, “God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and he blessed me"

and there are more, but these are sufficient to disprove your statement.

jimb

Premium Member
Jesus became human (in form) in order to accomplish the goal of freeing people who believe in Him from the power of sin.

YoursTrue

John 1:1-3a, "In the beginning was the Word [Jesus], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being."
Not all translations say that the Word was GOD. Some say the Word was A God. One must put it in proper perspective. Jesus was in subjection to the Father. Remember he said that all authority was GIVEN to him, that was after his death and resurrection. Now obviously that does not mean he had been given authority over the Father.
But here is a scripture to think about when Jesus had a conversation with the Devil:
Luke 4:
5 So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time. 6 Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish."
Jesus did not say, no, it hasn't been handed over to you. But he refused to do what the Devil wanted him to do.

jimb

Premium Member
Not all translations say that the Word was GOD. Some say the Word was A God. One must put it in proper perspective. Jesus was in subjection to the Father. Remember he said that all authority was GIVEN to him, that was after his death and resurrection. Now obviously that does not mean he had been given authority over the Father.
But here is a scripture to think about when Jesus had a conversation with the Devil:
Luke 4:
5 So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time. 6 Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish."
Jesus did not say, no, it hasn't been handed over to you. But he refused to do what the Devil wanted him to do.
Are you okay?

a) It doesn't matter if some translations say that the Word was "a God". Of the 63 translations listed in Bible Gateway, not a single one has "a God" in John 1:1. I'm sure that the JW "New World Translation" has "a God", but they intentionally claim that as their BS doctrine.

b) When Jesus took on human form, He obeyed His father. However, before He was born and after He was resurrected, He assumed His eternal position as fully God.

c) Your comment about all authority being given to Him happened, as you said, after his death and resurrection. That doesn't preclude the fact that He had it before He became human. After all, He created the world! (John 1:1-3a)

d) So you think that the devil was being honest when he said that all authority and glory was given to him??? What else that satan says do you also accept as the truth?

cataway

Are you okay?

a) It doesn't matter if some translations say that the Word was "a God". Of the 63 translations listed in Bible Gateway, not a single one has "a God" in John 1:1. I'm sure that the JW "New World Translation" has "a God", but they intentionally claim that as their BS doctrine.

b) When Jesus took on human form, He obeyed His father. However, before He was born and after He was resurrected, He assumed His eternal position as fully God.

c) Your comment about all authority being given to Him happened, as you said, after his death and resurrection. That doesn't preclude the fact that He had it before He became human. After all, He created the world! (John 1:1-3a)

d) So you think that the devil was being honest when he said that all authority and glory was given to him??? What else sat satan says do you also accept as the truth?
63 translations that allow contradictions in scripture. that is what it amounts to

cataway

Are you okay?

d) So you think that the devil was being honest when he said that all authority and glory was given to him??? What else that satan says do you also accept as the truth?
''He assumed His eternal position as fully God.'' which means when he, Jesus , on earth he was half a god ? and yet his father the God the almighty who was fully God was still in heaven ? my but you do have some problems.