• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Debate or discussion: 'Blasphemy' and satire spell trouble for Morocco actor, Tunisia student

danieldemol

Premium Member
‘Moroccan actor Rafik Boubker, 47, stands accused over a video on social media in which he appears "in an abnormal state, making blasphemous remarks against Islam and attacking the sacredness of worship", said the national security force DGSN.

In the video, he appears to insult imams, call for making religious ablutions with "whisky and vodka" and praise the benefits of alcohol for "connecting with God"...

Also on Wednesday, rights group Amnesty International urged Tunisian authorities to drop all charges against student Emna Charki, facing trial for attacking Islam on Facebook.

Charki, 27, was prosecuted after she shared a post about the novel coronavirus, satirising the style of the Koran.

She was due in court Thursday on charges of attacking the sanctity of religion, attacking morality and inciting violence, lawyer Ines Trabelsi told AFP earlier in May.

Amnesty said the student has received threats against her life and accused the Tunisian authorities of failing to act.’

Read more here: 'Blasphemy' and satire spell trouble for Morocco actor, Tunisia student

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I fail to see how cultural relative Liberals can continue to defend them. It is their culture, yes, but that doesn't mean theyvhave aspects of it that are ****. Such this poor young lady, who may lose her life over a victimless crime due to a "religion of peace" that manages to have skin that is thinner than Trump's. Those enforcing that culture don't need supported, that young woman and others fighting for a better culture are the ones we need to support so we don't read kf thks happening anymore.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Amnesty said the student has received threats against her life and accused the Tunisian authorities of failing to act.’
I think "killing a human, being a creation of the Creator, also falls under Blasphemy (one of the worst kinds of Blasphemy IMHO)"

And the sad thing is, that those (religious people), speaking and judging others for Blasphemy, Blaspheme the most.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't see how one can argue for cultural relativism without also defending many heinous behaviors. Everything from child genital mutilation to genocide. Indeed, to be consistent you would need to defend a catalog of the worst crimes of humanity. I'm reminded of how the Germans prior to World War II used to say their treatment of the Jews should not be criticized by outsiders because the Jews were a "German problem". Logically extended, the principles of cultural relativism would support the German position.