• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christians: I got out of the ward for depression.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
I am stable enough to be out, but want to work on emotion regulation, and sleep. I am struggling with anger issues, and I sleep too much, with a side of fatigue. I am going to ask my mental med manager to increase my prozac to 30 mg per day for the winter, and ask if he wants to increase my depakote. Please pray for Lord jesus, to help me with my emotions.

MikeDwight

Almost sorry to burst in here... So that's kind of emotional instability? You ever heard about psychologists trying to treat Mexicans called "Jesus". Look out.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I am stable enough to be out, but want to work on emotion regulation, and sleep. I am struggling with anger issues, and I sleep too much, with a side of fatigue. I am going to ask my mental med manager to increase my prozac to 30 mg per day for the winter, and ask if he wants to increase my depakote. Please pray for Lord jesus, to help me with my emotions.

Depression and anxiety are epidemic in today's world. It is hard to find people who are not on medication of some sort for their mental health issues. Those not on pharma meds often seek relief in alcohol or illicit drugs to settle their out of control thoughts and emotions.

A good diet cannot be underestimated in the treatment of these things IMO. We are deficient in all the vitamins and minerals if we rely on supermarket or fast food which is neither fresh nor really nutritious.

With the modern era came convenience foods...pre-packaged and frozen foods that cannot compare with fresh garden picked produce. Fresh fruits and vegetables contain the necessary enzymes to assist in digestion and absorption. When produce is kept in cold storage for long periods, you lose these valuable nutrients and they are vital to maintaining good physical and mental health. Supplements can help but they are not really a substitute for good food.

I wish you all the best.