• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fool's errand?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
There is usually a good reason as to why certain things develop the way they do, as for example shoes, and why they tend to have a normal top and bottom, or sides, rather than as indicated below. But I came across someone wearing shoes like these but more basic, and I quite liked them. No amount of searching online has revealed where they might have come from, and possibly they are just a silly fashion statement and not worthy of pursuing, but, being human, I at least want to find out. They were probably leather by their looks and elasticated, as these ones are.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-D...ns++shoes+leather,shoes,94&sr=1-28&th=1&psc=1

Anyone have any ideas as to such?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The link has 'you might also like' section of similar shoes, the chooseone range looks as basic as you can get.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The link has 'you might also like' section of similar shoes, the chooseone range looks as basic as you can get.
Thanks. I've been through everything, including Google images. It's the top folding down to the toe, and being more pronounced in the ones I saw - in the waiting room of a dentist. Can't seem to find a category that they might appear in - tried the lot. :oops:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
There is usually a good reason as to why certain things develop the way they do, as for example shoes, and why they tend to have a normal top and bottom, or sides, rather than as indicated below. But I came across someone wearing shoes like these but more basic, and I quite liked them. No amount of searching online has revealed where they might have come from, and possibly they are just a silly fashion statement and not worthy of pursuing, but, being human, I at least want to find out. They were probably leather by their looks and elasticated, as these ones are.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Diameter-Zinroy-Shoes-Marron/dp/B00JA7W4JY/ref=sr_1_28?crid=2J0M63ESUCDZ&keywords=mens+leather+shoes&qid=1651834359&s=shoes&sprefix=mens++shoes+leather,shoes,94&sr=1-28&th=1&psc=1

Anyone have any ideas as to such?
Hey are these not normal?! I have two pairs like this. (And I only have 3 pairs of shoes - the others being black boring ones for specific occasions). I used to be a devout Clarks man but Skechers (and Pavers) are just sooooooo comfy. They're like wearing slippers!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Hey are these not normal?! I have two pairs like this. (And I only have 3 pairs of shoes - the others being black boring ones for specific occasions). I used to be a devout Clarks man but Skechers (and Pavers) are just sooooooo comfy. They're like wearing slippers!
Just not normal in comparison to the numbers made more conventionally, and the one I saw seemed to emphasise this approach. Perhaps they were hand-made ones or to order, but nothing has turned up so far. Most have too much stitching, whereas the ones I saw seemed to be very basic but quite pronounced as to the design.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Just not normal in comparison to the numbers made more conventionally, and the one I saw seemed to emphasise this approach. Perhaps they were hand-made ones or to order, but nothing has turned up so far. Most have too much stitching, whereas the ones I saw seemed to be very basic but quite pronounced as to the design.
Sorry, I'm not getting this. Such styles are common, a lot of Skechers and Pavers look like this and these brands are common. My local shopping centre has a large Pavers shop, for instance.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It seems any searching is in vain - so hoping someone might have come across them. Like this but with 95% more leather. :oops:

ccfd6a3c0aec9187e77b618241890cb0--toe-loop-sandals-cute-sandals.jpg

But seriously, more like these - still not what I saw though.

A_pair_of_Blue_branded_black_loafers.JPG

I would offer frubals but going potty as a result of any work done would not be worth it. :eek:

I surrender. :(