• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Floyd tested positive for COVID-19 in April; autopsy results released

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
George Floyd's Full Autopsy Released, Tested Positive for COVID-19 in April

The full autopsy report for George Floyd has been completed by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner and it reveals he tested positive for COVID-19 in early April ... though he was likely asymptomatic at the time of his death.

The 20-page analysis details most of what we already know, Floyd became unresponsive and died while pinned to the ground by 3 police officers. However, a section of the report says George tested positive for COVID-19 on April 3.

The coroner says, "positivity for 2019-nCoV can persist for weeks after the onset and resolution of clinical disease, the autopsy result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent PCR positivity from previous infection." Meaning George was likely walking around without issues or active symptoms, but the virus was still in his body.

As we reported, George's family hired Dr. Michael Baden to complete a private autopsy. Baden's report found Floyd's cause of death to be "death from asphyxia" after the Hennepin County concluded he had a heart attack while being restrained by cops, with underlying medical conditions including hypertension and possible drugs or alcohol.

The final report from Hennepin on Wednesday says Floyd had, “no injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal structures.”

I wonder if Chauvin or the other officers have been tested.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Let's make your priorities in this world explicit, @esmith. Shall we?

There are people being murdered on a rather frequent basis by police officers across the country. This has been going on forever.

And you are "sick and tired" -- to say nothing of morally outraged -- that some stores have have been set on fire, looted, or had their windows broken.

Well, I got no use at all for vandalism, theft, and arson.

But I have even less use for your morals.
I've seen the point made elsewhere, instead of saying;
"it's a shame black people are being killed by police, but violent protest and riots are wrong"
we should say;
"It's a shame there are violent protests and riots, but black people being killed by police is wrong"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Here's facts about George Floyd: George Floyd: From rapper to symbol of police violence

But beyond that is the assumption that someone who did something wrong can't have a change of heart and work to build a better life. It's part of the same "persecute children who were brought to this country by their parents" because crimes apply to even little children who had no choice. This stems from a dark and destructive view of human behavior and the chance for redemption.

lostwanderingsoul

I did.

You tell me: how do you think that "affects the whole picture?"

Please tell us how someone's criminal history affects whether a cop is justified in killing them after they've been restrained.
You are jumping to conclusions. I think it was absolutely wrong for Floyd to die that way. I think peaceful demonstartions are completely in order. however, I am sure you have heard the expression "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword". Maybe someone who lives a life of violent crime should not be too surprised if his death is by some violent manner. Does it make the police right? NO. But does it affect the whole picture of what happened? Maybe And maybe more than the fact of Covid 19 being found.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
You are jumping to conclusions. I think it was absolutely wrong for Floyd to die that way. I think peaceful demonstartions are completely in order. however, I am sure you have heard the expression "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword". Maybe someone who lives a life of violent crime should not be too surprised if his death is by some violent manner. Does it make the police right? NO. But does it affect the whole picture of what happened? Maybe And maybe more than the fact of Covid 19 being found.
What's your evidence ' he lived a life of violent crime'? Anything at all?