• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Floyd tested positive for COVID-19 in April; autopsy results released

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
What's to ask? You jumped into a comment thread without reading the whole thing.
I read the whole thing, I saw that something was left out, so I put it in. You know what that's called?

Being honest. It's not for everybody

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Once is enough. I'm guessing I could read it and re-read it for the rest of the day and I still wouldn't see what you see.

I feel pretty good about that to tell you the truth
Yeah that one time is pretty serious. Aggravated robbery? *Yikes* Kind of reminds me of the 'gentle giant' from Ferguson.

Still I think the video shows that he wasn't violent, and he pretty much complied with what he was ordered to do. His past history, while significant, isn't really relevant to this particular tragedy that unfolded. A lot of cops take in violent offenders without incident.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah that one time is pretty serious. Aggravated robbery? *Yikes* Kind of reminds me of the 'gentle giant' from Ferguson.

Still I think the video shows that he wasn't violent, and he pretty much complied with what he was ordered to do. it's past history while significant is it really relevant to this particular tragedy that unfolded.
I agree it doesn't, or shouldn't, have any bearing on how we view what happened.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I agree it doesn't, or shouldn't, have any bearing on how we view what happened.
Precisely. There was nothing that happened whatsoever that would warrant the kind of death he incurred. He was pretty placid under the circumstances with no obvious threat to the police whatsoever.

If there's anybody that's drunk, it's the officers givin the way they'd like to dominate people. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
@Kangaroo Feathers Hey man, sorry for going off like that.

I'm going through massive sleep deprivation so I'm taking everything that's said to me on the worst possible way.

To start over: my post wasn't meant as an affirmation of what @lostwanderingsoul posted, it was just that @Lyndon's information was incomplete and I wanted to fill in the gap (just looking out for the site's credibility).

Anyway in this case there's no reason to sugarcoat anything or leave anything out . Like @Nowhere Man just said, nothing that happened warranted the cop's response.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
@Kangaroo Feathers Hey man, sorry for going off like that.

I'm going through massive sleep deprivation so I'm taking everything that's said to me on the worst possible way.

To start over: my post wasn't meant as an affirmation of what @lostwanderingsoul posted, it was just that @Lyndon's information was incomplete and I wanted to fill in the gap (just looking out for the site's credibility).

Anyway in this case there's no reason to sugarcoat anything or leave anything out . Like @Nowhere Man just said, nothing that happened warranted the cop's response.
I accept and appreciate your apology.