• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five Reasons to Reject Belief in Gods

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Jartar and Scots99, I'm not able to reply at length right now, because I'm out of the country on a business trip until next week. I will see whether I can find some time to reply to some of your comments, but Polyhedral and Waitasec seem to have made some good replies in rebuttal. I'll comment if and when I get a chance.

Scots99

"Religious Meaning"
To waitasec,

Before I start sorry about the link problem I couldn't because I don't have 15 posts. You will have to type the title I give you to search from google and hopefully it will lead to the right link

then why are you assuming you have the answers?
what we do know is we need our brains to be sentient...
religious belief of the after life is the carrot the few use to control the masses...that we can easily see through the eyes of history.
I actually agree with one thing in this statement. That religion is used for control. I do believe that people use it for that...in fact religion is a word created by man during the crusades. However, faith and believing in God is different than religion. I don't assume I have all the answers...in fact I know that I don't. I am simply frustrated that evolutionist and atheist believe they have truth for a fact. Again on earth we need brains, if there is is an afterlife we wouldn't be able to know if the same is true.

Against my number 2:

Ancient Evidence for Jesus from Non-Christian Sources - Probe Ministries-- search
Here is a article pertaining to non-Christian evidence of Jesus.

evolution is fact. just as gravity is fact. there are theories about both.
evolution is supported:
in the lab or documented in nature.
by fossil evidence, genetic evidence, molecular evidence (DNA),
evidence from proteins, vestigial and atavistic organs, embryology (how embryos develop), bio-geography (locations of species on the planet).
homology, bacteriology, virology, and immunology.
Again there is a reason why scientists label this section of textbooks as "The theory of evolution." It's because they can't truly show that it is a fact. Do I believe in adaptation? Absolutely, hell, when I'm cold I put a coat on to stay warm and adapt to my surroundings. Of course animals adapt to where they live that doesn't mean evolution is true. I also ask who was there millions of years ago to write down that indeed those fossils were millions of years old. I mean at least there is historical documentation of people like Jesus and Buddha being a real person. God never said to ignore science, in fact in my opinion he gave us science so we can understand how our environment adapts and works.

go to any natural history museum and see for yourself
So wait because you see a fossil and someone writes this is millions of years old...you believe it just because?

Monsignor Georges Lemaître, a priest from the Catholic University of Louvain, proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory of the origin of the universe, he called it his "hypothesis of the primeval atom".
Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Okay so because a religious person came up with a hypothesis(theory) I'm suppose to be more willing to believe it. Again come on lets use logic...it was a hypothesis for a reason...cause it can't be proved.

please provide these sources...
First, I'll give you just one of the many glaring evidences of the fact that evolution is quite frankly absurd to think.

DNA Double Helix All about Science--search

Despite the fact that evolution clearly can be scientifically dis-proven I still respect those individuals free will to believe as they wish. As for the debate thing that is well documented and of course evolutionists have a ton of excuses for it, but here is one source.

conservapedia creationists win debates--search

Now I know you will say "well that's a conservative website." Again I'll say well documented just google it, and look at the 326 references that the source I gave you used.

sorry, but that has nothing to do with god revealing himself the same way in different locations around the world...
basically, god or gods are/is a subjective experience...it is not an objective experience...
meaning everyone gets wet when it rains...that is an objective truth...god or gods are not understood that way.
So you are 100% sure that every God is a false God, and that there is no way religion or faith is possibly true. I guess if you are willing to go in on that that is your choice. My point was simply that really no one knows which Gods or God is false. You can only theorize on that.

have you heard the saying, for the sake of argument?
Okay so let me get this straight, you are going to use stuff from biblical or other texts that you don't believe in to argue your point? I mean I guess you could bring it up, but even then the fact that false Gods have been worshiped before doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. So it really isn't a valid argument.

so being closer to god means what exactly...?
The idea of prayer isn't there to make life easier. Most religions like I said have Gods who don't promise a better life...but a better afterlife. I'll use Christianity as an example. I believe in a personal relationship with God. Prayer is my way of communicating to God and allowing my relationship with him to become closer. I could give you verses to show you that prayer isn't meant for perfecting your life, but rather to build further recognition of God. However, you don't believe in the Bible so showing you those verses means nothing to you. The fact is that no religion claims that prayer makes ones life better. If there is one that does, then the definition of better most likely is referring to your spiritual self.

so as i thought, miracles are meant to make your life easier...
Yes, the wife. I mean I'm sure that she wants to lie...either way doctors have also witnessed people raising from the dead...so tell me is the whole hospital lying in that situation.
Do the miracles make some people's lives better...yes...does that mean that God is going to perform miracles to everyone...no

i'm confused didn't you say, "they believe in the big bang which supposedly happen millions of years ago"?
i'm sorry i'm not getting what you are saying here..

What I meant by this statement that for someone who doesn't believe in miracles, because they aren't verified I find it funny that they choose to believe in the big bang. If anything would be considered a true miracle it would be something blowing up and then transforming in to galaxies, planets, earth, atmospheres, and plants. Human beings which have genetic DNA material that gives us each a unique look and we just happen to have all our organs exactly in the body where we need them; and we have a serious amount of intelligence to build and create things of our own. Yep that all came from an explosion...sounds like a long shot miracle to me. That is what I meant.

evidence vs. faith...
Again what evidence do you have that a God doesn't exist and evolution is completely true...you don't have any.

it certainly seems like you are... not to offend you
:)
I have clearly stated several times that I am not stupid enough to think I have all the answers; I'm just bothered by people who believe that they do. Don't worry I'm not offended I expected illogical rebuttals...no offense ;)

Copernicus

Have you ever heard of this concept; Epistemological Predicament, or Egocentric Predicament???
What point do you wish to make about them? If you want to argue that you are in no position to know anything at all, then I'm not going to try to contradict you.

I noticed that you used the term reason. Can you imagine just how rediculous a person is to try to reason on anything above his knowledge? Remember, a person reasons with what he already knows, so how can he determine an answer to something far above himself and his very limited knowledge, understanding, and wisdom???
Your argument appears to cut both ways. If you claim that the existence of God is not subject to reason, then one cannot reason in favor of his existence either. Yet here you are in a defense of the idea that at least one god exists. On the other hand, if you claim that you are in a position to reason about the existence of gods, then I am equally in a position to argue against it.

Think about the creator!!
That's the spirit! You want me to use my powers of reason about what you think you also know something about. I didn't think that you were committed to that "Egocentric Predicament" nonsense either.

God has perfect knowledge, Job 37:16, 36:4. God created everything and knows everything about everything.
How ignorant it is to question God, Job 40:2, Rom 9:19-23.
The authors, compilers, and editors of the Job story also felt that they knew stuff about God and could reason about the assumptions he and others had about God. While I don't think they had any good basis for their claims, I'm happy to see that you think the subject is open for discussion.

Your premises are based on false assumptions. Your idea of soul and spirit are incorrect.
Perhaps you could explain the reasoning that led you to these conclusions. I have no clue yet as to what it is yet, but I do see what your conclusions are.

Contrary to popular belief, there is not one shred of evidence of evolution. The fact is; in nature there is a law, and science knows this; Prestabilism, which means that everything God created will ONLY produce after its own kind. Any fluxuation from this cannot reproduce.
There is a popular belief in some communities that there is not a shred of evidence of evolution, but I have seen plenty of evidence of it. Richard Dawkins wrote a very good book that covered a massive amount of it in great detail: The Greatest Show on Earth. Hence, I reject your unsupported claim that there is no such evidence.

Science knows that ABIOGENESIS is impossible, so where did life come from in the first place??? Ps 36:9.
Abiogenesis is a well-established scientific theory, so your weird unsupported claim is just false. Scientists cannot simultaneously consider it a viable theory and reject it as impossible.

Are you aware that there is a greater gap between the highest non-living matter; Crystals, than between the lowest one-cell animal and man. This means that there is more of a likelyhood of a amoeba left in a petri dish to become a fully developed man over night than something non living to become a living being.
I share your skepticism that either would happen overnight. After all, it took an immense amount of time for the universe to cool down enough to form the heavy elements that led to the emergence of life. I'm not looking for overnight miracles to explain how life came to be. It appears that you are. And, while it is true that nobody expects a single sell to develop into a man overnight, we can prove that just such a thing happens in the womb of a woman in just nine months. Manhood takes a little longer to achieve. And we understand enough about that process to know that it is not anything like a miracle, notwithstanding the fact that people love to call it that.

Can anything be more silly than the Big Bang Theory???
Sure. The story of Genesis, for one.

One of the first principles of science is the fact that an explosion causes chaos, and the bigger the explosion the greater the chaos. The Heavens are a picture of harmony, the very term Cosmos means the heavens are in harmony.
You are apparently ignorant of what the "Big Bang theory" is. Fred Hoyle coined the term as a mocking expression to describe what scientists viewed as rapid inflationary expansion, not an explosion. In your ignorance, you are taking Hoyle's tongue-in-cheek descriptive label too literally. The evidence for inflation is fairly substantial, so calling it silly is itself silly.

If something cannot be proven today, does that mean it did not happen??
Of course not. My arguments are about what it is reasonable to conclude, given what we think we know today. I thought I had made that clear.

Religion is EXTRASCIENTIFIC, it cannot be explained scientifically, but religion does not expect a person to blindly believe as does evolution. The Bible is full of prophecies that have come true exactly as prophecied, and exactly on time. The Bible tells about things that no human could know at the time of writing.
If you really did not believe religion were subject to scientific investigation, you would not spend so much time trying to deny scientific claims that you thought contradicted religious claims. Claiming that science is EXTRASCIENTIFIC while simultaneously claiming that prophesies have been born out by evidence of their truthfulness is a real contradiction. But your post has been full of contradictions of that sort, so I doubt that you will agree with me. As for biblical prophecies, you typically did not bother to offer any evidence in support of your claim, so I see no reason to credit it.

Last edited:

Copernicus

I think you have no clue what your talking about in most aspects, and I'm not trying to offend you. Here are my rebuttals to each point.
I posted the OP to invite rebuttals, so I can hardly take it as an offensive act when you oblige my obvious invitation. :)

1. Come on seriously? No religion even claims they aren't talking about minds without brains. What religions say is that there is something deeper and more intricate that happens in afterlife. The fact that you are assuming there is no afterlife, and if there was you are assuming there is not brains is quite frankly ignorant. I respect your free will to believe what you want, but don't go assuming that you have all the answers.
My belief that there is no afterlife is a conclusion, not an assumption. I gave reasons to back up that conclusion. Your best prospect to attack my conclusion is to go after the premises that I gave for it. You have not done so here. Many, if not most, religions are quite overt in their claims that human souls can exist independently of the bodies that host them during life. Gods are more often than not depicted as spiritual beings.

2. You can't even use science as an argument for this point. One, there is several historical texts that confirm many of the events that religions claim take place.
Blatant appeal to authority. The mere existence of texts that make claims is not evidence that the claims are true.

Two, science is no more proven than religion. How do you know evolution is real? I am guessing that you read what scientists tell you and believe them. Even though they don't really show you the experiment, or prove that they actually did the experiment...
Actually, I've read quite a few books on evolution that do just that. Dawkin's recent book The Greatest Show on Earth stands out as a direct attempt to do just that, and I highly recommend it to you. However, you have a point that Dawkins has not personally showed me any experiments or proved that he had done any. It was just a book, and I found its logic sound and convincing. I suppose that that is no worse than believing in miracles that I have never witnessed. Would you not agree?

This was recently experienced with the global warming myth. You haven't seen the proof yet you still believe, so why is it bad that religion does that?
You think that global warming is a myth? Well, given your inability to credit the evidence for evolution, I suppose that this should not come as a shock to anyone. :/

Plus if you researched you would find that creationists are actually winning more debates than evolutionists, because creationists have better and more convincing scientific data. I always loved scientists who scorned religion for believing in something they never saw, and yet they believe in the big bang which supposedly happen millions of years ago. So tell me what scientist was there to witness that? ....0 that's what I thought.
Do you really believe that the so-called Big Bang happened only millions of years ago? Do you understand the difference between millions and billions? You have assumed that I have not done research on the debate between evolutionists and their critics, but we have actual evidence here that you do not do your homework. There is plenty of evidence that anti-evolutionists have failed miserably to make their case in the courts, which have actually examined the issue from a legal perspective, at least. But you characteristically fail to offer any support for your sweeping generalizations.

3. Again illogical argument! People have the right to choose what they believe. It is impossible for anyone to sit up here and tell me they know the full truth....
People are entitled to their own opinions, not their own facts. I have not claimed to know the "full truth". I gave reasons in support of my claim of failed revelation, and you ignored the reasons I gave. So your rebuttal here does not affect my conclusion.

I believe God gave us free will to think for ourselves and choose what we believe, and I find it ironic that your using religious texts that say false gods where worshiped to make this point. I thought you didn't believe in those texts? Plus how do you know their false...did the scientists tell you that?
Free will is about choosing what to do, not choosing what to believe. Anyone can make absurd and false claims, but that does not mean that they have a right to expect others to accept or tolerate their claims. But you have seriously missed my point. I don't believe in those false texts any more than you do. I use their obvious contradictions and incompatibilities to be evidence of a pattern of false revelation. Humans are prone to belief in false gods. Therefore, any particular god that a human asserts to exist is statistically liable to be a false god.

4. Again if you knew anything about religion you wouldn't make this point. Most religions have Gods or a God who clearly explain that prayer is not meant to make your life easy, but rather to bring you closer to your Gods or God.
I have studied religious belief far longer and far more intensely than you have, you young whippersnapper! :D Despite the claim that worshipers typically refuse to acknowledge that they pray for special favors, it doesn't take much effort to see that prayers are about praying for something. They are not just "feel good" messages targeted at a deity. Moreoever, why would one even want to get closer to a God? Why not move further away? There has to be some reason why you do things you do, and, much as we all hate to admit it, self-interest plays a big role in our behavior.

5. Well that's funny because I could of sworn that Oprah had a guy who raised from the dead, and his wife witnessed it. There have been numerous eye witness accounts of miracles you just choose not to believe them. I mean the big bang is a scientific miracle of some explosion eventually helping create the intricate bodies that we possess...you choose to believe that or something close yet you have no verification.
Do you believe everything you hear? Oh, wait. You don't. You believe don't believe biologists who tell you about evolution, physicists who tell you about the so-called "Big Bang", or climatologists who tell you about global warming. But you believe what Oprah tells you. Gotcha. ;)

If you look at my points you will see that I am not trying to get you to believe in anything. I am simply showing you that what you believe in involves just as much faith as religion. So don't get all high and mighty and think you have to truth to life. I certainly don't
You know, I'm not trying to offend you here. I'm just responding to your attempted rebuttal of my OP. I sincerely thank you for your comments, but it is patently absurd to claim you were not trying to get me to believe anything. Of course you were. That's the nature of polemical discussions. And you really are the one claiming to have the truth to life--your religious belief. I'm not faulting you for making that claim, only for using bad arguments to support it. People who believe that we on our tiny dust mote of planet in this vast universe are special creations of an omniscient, omnipotent being are not ones to criticize others for pretensions of being high and mighty.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
People who believe that we on our tiny dust mote of planet in this vast universe are special creations of an omniscient, omnipotent being are not ones to criticize others for pretensions of being high and mighty.

i'm not such a young whippersnapper myself...so i can recognize genius when i see it

:clap

waitasec

Veteran Member
To waitasec,

I actually agree with one thing in this statement. That religion is used for control. I do believe that people use it for that...in fact religion is a word created by man during the crusades. However, faith and believing in God is different than religion.
how so?

I don't assume I have all the answers...in fact I know that I don't. I am simply frustrated that evolutionist and atheist believe they have truth for a fact. Again on earth we need brains, if there is is an afterlife we wouldn't be able to know if the same is true.

Again there is a reason why scientists label this section of textbooks as "The theory of evolution." It's because they can't truly show that it is a fact. Do I believe in adaptation? Absolutely, hell, when I'm cold I put a coat on to stay warm and adapt to my surroundings. Of course animals adapt to where they live that doesn't mean evolution is true. I also ask who was there millions of years ago to write down that indeed those fossils were millions of years old. I mean at least there is historical documentation of people like Jesus and Buddha being a real person. God never said to ignore science, in fact in my opinion he gave us science so we can understand how our environment adapts and works.

So wait because you see a fossil and someone writes this is millions of years old...you believe it just because?
tumbleweed said it best...

Biological Evolution is a fact.
The Theory of Evolution explains the mechanisms of Biological Evolution.
It doesn't "prove" anything, it explains.

So you are 100% sure that every God is a false God,
is zeus a real god, isis, thor what about mithra, horus or athena?

and that there is no way religion or faith is possibly true.
it depends on how much one values objective truth...

I guess if you are willing to go in on that that is your choice. My point was simply that really no one knows which Gods or God is false. You can only theorize on that.
the odds that god or gods are man made...are extremely high
especially if you were to adopt one that came from the bronze age understanding of the world...

Okay so let me get this straight, you are going to use stuff from biblical or other texts that you don't believe in to argue your point?
exactly, to prove it wrong...
how else would you like to prove santa clause isn't real?

I mean I guess you could bring it up, but even then the fact that false Gods have been worshiped before doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. So it really isn't a valid argument.
i claim that the end of the world will happen TODAY...
prove me wrong...don't you have to use the fact that TODAY isn't the end of the world?

The idea of prayer isn't there to make life easier. Most religions like I said have Gods who don't promise a better life...but a better afterlife. I'll use Christianity as an example. I believe in a personal relationship with God. Prayer is my way of communicating to God and allowing my relationship with him to become closer. I could give you verses to show you that prayer isn't meant for perfecting your life, but rather to build further recognition of God. However, you don't believe in the Bible so showing you those verses means nothing to you. The fact is that no religion claims that prayer makes ones life better. If there is one that does, then the definition of better most likely is referring to your spiritual self.

i get it...actually when i think of prayer i think of meditation a reflection of ones self...an honest conversation with ones self...who else are you going to be talking to...;)

What I meant by this statement that for someone who doesn't believe in miracles, because they aren't verified I find it funny that they choose to believe in the big bang.
do you think the entire scientific community has a conspiracy against god?

If anything would be considered a true miracle it would be something blowing up and then transforming in to galaxies, planets, earth, atmospheres, and plants. Human beings which have genetic DNA material that gives us each a unique look and we just happen to have all our organs exactly in the body where we need them; and we have a serious amount of intelligence to build and create things of our own. Yep that all came from an explosion...sounds like a long shot miracle to me. That is what I meant.
you are introducing the idea of intent...
indifference, randomness those are the things we face on a daily basis...
it's not as if you can tell a tsunami to stop...
and it's not just so we have all our organs in the right place...we actually don't...we have one tube for breathing and eating...not a good design.

Again what evidence do you have that a God doesn't exist and evolution is completely true...you don't have any.
like i said there is plenty of evidence that supports evolution...just go to any natural history museum :)

I have clearly stated several times that I am not stupid enough to think I have all the answers; I'm just bothered by people who believe that they do. Don't worry I'm not offended I expected illogical rebuttals...no offense ;)

but by saying my rebuttals are illogical, without using any thing to back up your claims, are you not making yourself look like a know it all?

Last edited:

tarekabdo12

Code:
Minds depend on physical brains. Religions depend on belief in  souls--essentially minds that can exist independently of bodies. But  experience tells us that minds depend on brain activity to function  properly.
you want 2 say that there's no difference between humans and robots! There's no difference between living animals, birds and artificial man-made instruments. It's life man, the feeling of love, hatred, pacification, worry,etc. Feelings point 2 the presence of soul.
Code:
Record of failed explanations. Religions have a historical record  of making failed explanations of observed natural phenomena. The most  powerful argument for gods--the argument from design--has been  overturned by the discovery of evolution by natural selection. This  pattern of failure has resulted in a pattern of "God of the Gaps"  explanations. That is, natural explanations always trump supernatural  ones.
Evolution is still a debate that's not settled. It's not scientifically proved yet. This issue is described in the part of evolution vs creationism.
Code:
Record of failed revelation. Humans have a record of worshiping  false gods. If gods communicated through revelation, we would not expect  to see such variety of religious belief in the world. Moreover, we  would expect to find the same religious beliefs arising spontaneously in  different locations, since the same set of gods (or "God") would  presumably contact different people in different locations.
Record of failed prayers. No religious group seems to be luckier or  healthier than any other. If prayer worked, we would expect to see some  people of faith leading more fortunate lives than the rest of us.
Religions never failed.The Abrahamic religions have many things common in between. The fact that one religion is 100% wrong doesn't entail that other religions are totally wrong. In fact, most aspects are common in Abrahamic religions with no many differences.
Prayers didn't always fail as u say. The Islamic history is full of great achievements that can be described as fairy tales yet they r true. However, don't think that everything a religious person will ask for will be accomplished at the same time because life is an examination. There are many examples of events in life that show how rationale can be broken by God's power but u don't believe nor try. Ask God to prove 2 u.

Code:
Record of failed corroboration of miracles. Religions depend on  stories of miracles--events that contravene natural laws--to support  religious belief, yet miracles are notoriously resistant to  corroboration and verification.
The Qur'an contains many scientific and historical miracles that u ought to read about.

waitasec

Veteran Member

Code:
Minds depend on physical brains. Religions depend on belief in  souls--essentially minds that can exist independently of bodies. But  experience tells us that minds depend on brain activity to function  properly.
you want 2 say that there's no difference between humans and robots! There's no difference between living animals, birds and artificial man-made instruments. It's life man, the feeling of love, hatred, pacification, worry,etc. Feelings point 2 the presence of soul.
but without the brain these things are impossible to achieve...

Code:
Record of failed explanations. Religions have a historical record  of making failed explanations of observed natural phenomena. The most  powerful argument for gods--the argument from design--has been  overturned by the discovery of evolution by natural selection. This  pattern of failure has resulted in a pattern of "God of the Gaps"  explanations. That is, natural explanations always trump supernatural  ones.
Evolution is still a debate that's not settled. It's not scientifically proved yet. This issue is described in the part of evolution vs creationism.
you need to catch up...
biological evolution is a fact...there are theories that support it...
[youtube]vss1VKN2rf8[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Evolution‬‏

Code:
Record of failed revelation. Humans have a record of worshiping  false gods. If gods communicated through revelation, we would not expect  to see such variety of religious belief in the world. Moreover, we  would expect to find the same religious beliefs arising spontaneously in  different locations, since the same set of gods (or "God") would  presumably contact different people in different locations.
Record of failed prayers. No religious group seems to be luckier or  healthier than any other. If prayer worked, we would expect to see some  people of faith leading more fortunate lives than the rest of us.
Religions never failed.The Abrahamic religions have many things common in between. The fact that one religion is 100% wrong doesn't entail that other religions are totally wrong. In fact, most aspects are common in Abrahamic religions with no many differences.
Prayers didn't always fail as u say. The Islamic history is full of great achievements that can be described as fairy tales yet they r true. However, don't think that everything a religious person will ask for will be accomplished at the same time because life is an examination. There are many examples of events in life that show how rationale can be broken by God's power but u don't believe nor try. Ask God to prove 2 u.

why ask something that isn't there? i cannot kid myself into believing in something i think is not real...you think it's real, good for you. but i cannot make water come out from a rock...question is why do you believe it's real, were you indoctrinated, were you brought up in a religious home?

Code:
Record of failed corroboration of miracles. Religions depend on  stories of miracles--events that contravene natural laws--to support  religious belief, yet miracles are notoriously resistant to  corroboration and verification.
The Qur'an contains many scientific and historical miracles that u ought to read about.

what is a scientific miracle?
historical miracles...don't fly because it's not happening today

Copernicus

Tarekabdo, thank u for taking the time 2 reply. :)

There are huge differences between robots or machines and the brains that we find in humans and other animals. Brains are far more complex, for one thing, and they did not come about by a process of deliberate design. What we do know is that emotions, moods, and thoughts correlate with specific brain activity in specific locations of a brain. On that basis alone, it is reasonable to conclude that our feelings and perceptions depend on a working brain for their existence. I know that this is a very hard concept to accept and perhaps unpleasant for you to contemplate, but the evidence is there and it is overwhelming. To see it, you just need to open your eyes and look at it.

Tarek, you are seriously misinformed about this. There is no scientific debate at all, and scientists simply do not believe that the theory of evolution will be overturned. The matter was debated in the past, but it has been settled for a long time. The science of biology rests on the foundation of evolution. You can find this out for yourself without my having to tell you, so I suspect that it doesn't much matter what I say. The unsettled debate is not scientific, but political and religious. If you want to debate the matter, there is an entire forum on RF devoted to just that debate.

If more of our ancestors and contemporaries believed that, then the world would be a far more peaceful place. Unfortunately, they do not, and it is not. My point, however, was broader than just the fact that people who largely agree on religious fundamentals still end up in bitter disputes over how to define a god. It was that human beings historically have proposed the existence of, and worshiped, many thousands of gods. At this point in time, it is fair to say that human beings now reject the existence of almost all of the historical gods. Given such religious diversity, one can only conclude that, whether or not gods exist, humans make exceedingly poor god detectors. If someone proposes the existence of a god to you, that god is statistically unlikely to exist--and that goes for the one you currently believe in, too.

Prayers didn't always fail as u say. The Islamic history is full of great achievements that can be described as fairy tales yet they r true...
I suspect that you are speaking of fairy tales that you accept as historical fact without any real evidence to back up your acceptance.

However, don't think that everything a religious person will ask for will be accomplished at the same time because life is an examination. There are many examples of events in life that show how rationale can be broken by God's power but u don't believe nor try. Ask God to prove 2 u.
This is how you rationalize the failure of belief in gods. You try to make up excuses for why we cannot find reasonable evidence for their existence. You do not bother to wonder why your god--in your case, an omniscient being--would need to put any human being through an "examination" or what the purpose of that "examination" could be for God, given his infinite power to fix any problem. Nonexistent beings do not answer prayers or prove things to anyone, but those who pray to and seek out gods usually find exactly what they are wishing for.

I am afraid that you and I have a very different idea of what a "scientific miracle" is. That expression is really an oxymoron. Science is all about things not being the result of miracles. As for "historical miracles", we probably also have very different standards on what we find credible as true historical events. Every religion has its miracles, but, like gods, those miracles lose all credibility once they are examined for corroborating evidence.