• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First woman since 1953 to be executed.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It all depends upon what is cruelty. In this country we don't break people on the wheel or cut off body parts, but we do put them into prisons with reportedly bad circumstances. Its possible that flogging would be less cruel. I'm not sure. Killing is actually a very kind sentence in some cases rather than forcing the person to live in the prison system.

You ever watch Wentworth?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
With all due respect, I do not see how the death sentence is sinking to the level of the killer,
We like to say we are better than the wrong doers. Two wrongs do not make a right. One family already lost a loved one. What is just about ankther family being told they too must lose a loved one?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think another point worth noting is that sometimes people demonize or look down on those who support capital punishment while forgetting that countries like France, the U.S., and Germany had to execute numerous criminals and corrupt, murderous politicians in order to be where they are today.

Abolishing the death penalty is noble and necessary, but in many third-world countries that are still suffering from corrupt leadership and abusive authorities, sometimes putting certain people--especially chronically corrupt officials--to death may be the most or even only effective method to pave the way for prosperity and progress.
Ultimately, when you look at the countries that still have the death penalty, this is not a map of countries who are shining examples for the world to follow. The majority of them are highly repressive ultra-conservative Muslim nations. China and America are the animals running Manor Farm. Japan is dying from lethal demands of honor and tradition.
It says a lot when such countries are the ones still practicing capital punishment.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We like to say we are better than the wrong doers. Two wrongs do not make a right. One family already lost a loved one. What is just about ankther family being told they too must lose a loved one?
You have a valid point, and besides, life in prison without the possibility of parole is a greater punishment than the death sentence.

You have no idea how many times I have wished that God would take me out of this world, I have often cried out to God to take me. The only reason for me to stick around is for my husband and cats and the little I can do for my religion. There is nothing else for me here.