• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First verses Book of Mormon/Bible comparisons

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Queen Victoria represented that NATION collectively. "We" represented the "people."
Actually, no. English used to use the plural form of pronouns to denote respect for the person being referred to; this applied to anyone of "higher rank", not just the monarch. You can still see the same thing in French, Spanish and many other languages today.

In fact, in English, the word "you" was originally the plural form. The second-person singluar pronouns were "thee" and "thou"; "you" would be only used for second-person plural or when addressing someone of higher social rank. Eventually, the fashion became to use the "you" form exclusively... basically, it was a linguistic form of self-aggrandizement.

T–V distinction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Majestic plural - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LittleNipper

Ah, because US means Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is so clear!! Why did the Talmudic scholars drift so far from the Trinity? It is so obvious throughout the Old Testament! Of course you are right.
:rolleyes:

But really, if you think that was ever a part of the Hebrew religion, I have a little land in Florida I can sell you cheap.:facepalm:

The Jews made the mistake of looking for an earthly king to restore Israel. The Messiah is about an eternal LORD who redeems whosoever will eternally. Two entirely different kingdoms.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The Jews made the mistake of looking for an earthly king to restore Israel. The Messiah is about an eternal LORD who redeems whosoever will eternally. Two entirely different kingdoms.
Again, this is according to Christian theology.
A wholly different way of thinking from Hebrew theology.
Thus a change from an earlier theology.
Exactly what has been claimed.

Humanistheart

The followers of jesus simply perverted the jewish prophicies to coincide with jesus. Can you name even one that fits him without a concerted effort of mental gymnastics?

Humanistheart

Queen Victoria represented that NATION collectively. "We" represented the "people."

God could just as easily be talking to the angels as in muslim tradition, or his wife and spirit children as in mormon teaching. There is nothing in the use of we there that inherently shows a connection to the trinity. Plus your argueing that god was talking to himself, lol.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Right, because actual knowledge concerning the bible doens't correlate with your interpretation, so it must be my fault.

It correlates just fine, you just refuse to look and see what others have to say on the topic. It's fine. I knew you wouldn't anyway.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I asked you to show where it did, you said go look it up yourself. Perhaps your unaware this is a debate forum?

I don't spoon feed when I know the person doesn't give a rat's ***. This is my final post on the subject. Go ahead and have the last word - I know your ego wants it.

Humanistheart

I don't spoon feed when I know the person doesn't give a rat's ***. This is my final post on the subject. Go ahead and have the last word - I know your ego wants it.

Poor watchmen. Every time you can't defend a claim you resort to this. You did the same thing on the BoM thread that disproved your religion.

Watchmen

Premium Member
For those curious, humanistheart is picking and choosing what he'll post rather than reviewing the full explanations. Of course I expected nothing less.