• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First verses Book of Mormon/Bible comparisons

LittleNipper

NO, you are wrong in your attitude that the Bible must be in error. The reality is very strong that the original location is yet to be found or that the town has assumed a new name. This was very true of Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Stabiae. They were lost and had assumed modern names.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
NO, you are wrong in your attitude that the Bible must be in error. The reality is very strong that the original location is yet to be found or that the town has assumed a new name. This was very true of Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Stabiae. They were lost and had assumed modern names.

Or Atlantis, or El Dorado.......

LittleNipper

Any response to my other points?
You asked: And how does this establish the truth of the New Testament?

The New Testament truth is supported by the Old Testament prophesies. If the Old Testament is in error, CHRIST is in error. If CHRIST is in error, then it really doesn't matter if the New Testament is correct or not. And the book of Mormon is even more a vanity...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I asked a lot more than that.

The New Testament truth is supported by the Old Testament prophesies. If the Old Testament is in error, CHRIST is in error. If CHRIST is in error, then it really doesn't matter if the New Testament is correct or not. And the book of Mormon is even more a vanity...
:facepalm:

For a second there, I thought you were actually going to answer one of my questions at long last.

You do realize that you didn't answer my question, don't you? You told me that if the Old Testament is wrong, then the New Testament is wrong... fair enough. But this doesn't tell us how we would determine whether the New Testament is right.

However, I'm more interested to hear whether you're Catholic, Orthodox or Coptic. Since you apparently reject the idea that the Christian Church could ever become apostate, I'm sure you belong to a denomination that claims an unbroken chain of authority stretching all the way back to Christ, don't you?

Also, have you managed to figure out how the Gospel authors mistook one day and two nights for three days and three nights?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You see problems with the Book of Mormon? Fair enough, but there are plenty of similar problems with the Old and New Testaments, too.

And some of the "contradictions" you've pointed out aren't really contradictions between the Book of Mormon and the Bible at all, but more contradictions between the BoM and your personal theology.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

You mean if old testament prophecies are mistaken you'll deconvert? [little light on the faith thing.]