• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Interview...

I applied to Harbor Freight Tools and got two interviews, each at a seperate location. My first interview is in about 12 hours and it is literally my first real interview. I'm curious about my choice of attire... I will be wearing dress pants, dress shoes, and a nice formal blue pinstriped button up shirt, but am unsure about whether or not a tie would be over kill. Also my facial hair is trimmed and am pretty baby faced when I am clean shaven(I look like I'm about 15 or 16 with out it).

My question is whether or not you guys think I should inclued a tie with it all and whether or not I should shave the chin fuzz and leave the mustache, leave both, or shave it all off.

Onkara

Good luck!
Be positive and friendly, smile when nervous - that will be remembered long afterwards :D
Yes - I would always wear the tie even if I knew the job would never need one, remember you are saying "I respect you, myself and I am made every effort today as I will on the job". Take the tie off when you get the job if appropriate ;)

As for the beard, as long as it looks tidy you should go with how you want them to know you i.e. if you plan to have a beard when working there, then keep it so you don't have to try and guess if you made a mistake on your first day when you hear "Oh you grew a beard" from those who interviewed you :)

Last edited:

Noaidi

slow walker
Enlightened One

I agree - wear a tie. I personally can't stand wearing them and find them pointless, but I wouldn't turn up for an interview without one. Bite the bullet for the short time you need to wear it!

Good luck with the interviews. )(

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
How exciting - GOOD LUCK!

Yes, wear the tie.

As for the beard, what about this suggestion - shave it, but keep the mustache. Then after you've had a chance to scope out the environment and have a better feel for what's expected of you on the job, you can always grow it back. It's not like it's one of THESE: