• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding God/Allah/take your pick

ayani

Apo-

i think alot of people feel the way you do, but don't know whicg religion to turn to.

i've flirted with Islam, Buddhism, Christianity... none of them seemed to satisfy what my heart wanted.

and you know what? i'm still without a religion! but that's ok. one can still thirst for, commune with, and praise God/the Universe/the Spirit without being affiliated. that's what freedom of religion (and freedom to not have one at all) is about.

peace to you, and good travels

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
gracie said:
Apo-

i think alot of people feel the way you do, but don't know whicg religion to turn to.

i've flirted with Islam, Buddhism, Christianity... none of them seemed to satisfy what my heart wanted.

and you know what? i'm still without a religion! but that's ok. one can still thirst for, commune with, and praise God/the Universe/the Spirit without being affiliated. that's what freedom of religion (and freedom to not have one at all) is about.

peace to you, and good travels
Have you tried meditation? - I guess you may have if you have 'Flirted with Buddhism' - there are a few more choices you know - wicca. for one, U.U......Just look at the forum. I guess the most important for you is to feel 'OK' about it all.......:)

Crystal Red

Episkopos Crystal Red
Apotheosis said:
should I just pray every day and night, and hope that God finds me?
Praying is far too dangerous, consult your pineal gland on your problem & Eris or any other such nonsensical deity shall answer.

Apotheosis said:
I have no clue which religion is correct, if any.
Neither do we, I do, however, believe that all religions can be right, but most are too self-righteous & intolerant to be right.

ayani

michel-

i'm actually planning on becoming active in my college's UU community this year, so i'll definately get a taste of it.

thank you for the advice! i'll keep seeking.

andyjamal

servant
Here is a beautiful prayer that you might like to try. I hope it serves you well.

O seeker of Truth! If thou desirest that God may open thine eye, thou must supplicate unto God, pray to and commune with Him at midnight, saying:

O Lord, I have turned my face unto Thy kingdom of oneness and am immersed in the sea of Thy mercy. O Lord, enlighten my sight by beholding Thy lights in this dark night, and make me happy by the wine of Thy love in this wonderful age. O Lord, make me hear Thy call, and open before my face the doors of Thy heaven, so that I may see the light of Thy glory and become attracted to Thy beauty.

Verily, Thou art the Giver, the Generous, the Merciful, the Forgiving.
--Abdu'l-Baha