• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding common ground

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I am not a religious person (not for a long time) - but I have certainly had what I would call spiritual experiences - and to me that suggests that perhaps there is something more "common" - and more fundamental - to "religious" experiences than religion itself - let alone specific religious beliefs and practices. And that, finding those fundamental commonalities - to me, is a very important key to unlocking the whole "mystery" of this thing we call "religion". And, if we unlock it as a collective effort - we might even learn to understand each other better in the process (you never know)!

I’m interested in this. I’ll say more later.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am always looking for things we all have in common. Yes, it’s important for us to acknowledge our differences, but sometimes we get so caught up focusing on those differences that we forget all of the beautiful truths we have in common. Let’s build some bridges of understanding together.

The more we look for common ground, the more we find. It like always being happy.

All the best, Regards Tony

Jim

Nets of Wonder
(bolding mine)
I am not a religious person (not for a long time) - but I have certainly had what I would call spiritual experiences - and to me that suggests that perhaps there is something more "common" - and more fundamental - to "religious" experiences than religion itself - let alone specific religious beliefs and practices. And that, finding those fundamental commonalities - to me, is a very important key to unlocking the whole "mystery" of this thing we call "religion". And, if we unlock it as a collective effort - we might even learn to understand each other better in the process (you never know)!
siti, some things that you and I have done felt like that me: you and me doing something together to ... to ... do something together. :D Have you felt it too? If so, can you describe it?

Last edited: