• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally i found a spiritual teacher/guide

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
After my journey took me in to Sufism i understood that for all those years i been seeking answers to spiritual questions i been alone, not set my self a time to ask a teacher/guide to help me understand any teaching i been following or tried to understand.

In sufism, i looked in to different "branches" or "schools" of teaching.

But when i listen to Sheykh Lokman Efendi that was the moment i realized he is the one.
Officially my request to be a student under him has been given. :)
Of course he may turn me down, if he do not see me as serious enough in my practice.
If he accept my request, i may have to go there for some time when travel is safe again.

This ease a lot of my thoughts knowing i gain help and wisdom from a teacher.

PS: this thread is not for debate, questions may of course be asked.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

After my journey took me in to Sufism i understood that for all those years i been seeking answers to spiritual questions i been alone, not ser my self a time to ask a teacher/guide to help me understand any teaching i been following or tried to understand.

But when i listen to Sheykh Lokman Efendi that was the moment i realized he is the one.
Officially my request to be a student under him has been sendt. :)
Of course he may turn me down, if he do not see me as serious enough in my practice.
If he accept my request, i may have to go there for some time when travel is safe again.

I visited the Turkish city of Konya once. Is it considered to be the centre of Sufism in the Islamic world?

WalterTrull

Godfella
"...Give us this day..." I feel tells us that if we need a guide, we'll get a guide. Very happy you found yours. You may want to leave yourself open to additional ones.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"...Give us this day..." I feel tells us that if we need a guide, we'll get a guide. Very happy you found yours. You may want to leave yourself open to additional ones.
You speak the truth :)
What is a bit crazy, is that just a few weeks ago, i did ask "out loud to the universe"

I am in need of a a teacher, may i be granted so...

And here i am, i did get answer, in form of unexpected " search suggestion" where videos, website and so on about this Sufi teacher was suggested to me. Looking in to this, i found so many answers, and it felt like a connection open right away.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Listening to my teacher, i realize my way of speaking ( about spiritual life) has lead others to say, you claming this or that, and my reply has been, no i do not claim, i believe or it's my understanding.

@Conscious thoughts YOU DID CLAIME IT

And i did not see it :oops:. Guys... I been blinded by my own ego and ignorace to listen....

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I hope he accepts you

What would being one of his students entail?
-To listen to his teaching/ talks.
-To use his guidance to better my self
-Guidance in prayer
-Guidance during study of the quran or other important teachings
-Do service to others with unconditionally love to the people i help.

And probably many many more things i do not know right now

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
May your deepest wish be your future.

As far as
Is it considered to be the centre of Sufism in the Islamic world?

It depends on the sufi order. To my knowledge Chisti sufism has been located in Afghanistan through the Indian sub-continent but I'm not sure about today given all that has been going on in that troubled area.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
May your deepest wish be your future.

As far as

It depends on the sufi order. To my knowledge Chisti sufism has been located in Afghanistan through the Indian sub-continent but I'm not sure about today given all that has been going on in that troubled area.
I did a little research my self :) the Sufi ordner Rumi was founder of did have location there and still have.
Personally i belong to a different ordner than Rumi, but a lot of the wisdom is the same.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
After my journey took me in to Sufism i understood that for all those years i been seeking answers to spiritual questions i been alone, not set my self a time to ask a teacher/guide to help me understand any teaching i been following or tried to understand.

Officially my request to be a student under him has been given. :)

In classical Hinduism, it's a two way relationship. I do hope he takes you on. You'll be better off for it.