• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Authority

MikeDwight

200px-Great_Schism_1054_with_former_borders.png
150px-Europe_canonical_territories.png

You guys notice how there's 14 autocephalous Churches that make up the united Orthodox body? The Orthodoxy Church is the ecumenical and One Church like we were talking about with James 2028. Obviously the "Catholocism" is a break away schism. I was asking how you plan that all Christians are one body? forming over the top of the countries that Originally form for each country. "Geographic" Churches administrations are regained in Reformed and Presbyterian. Serbian Orthodox Church - Wikipedia For an example. The Pope broke away from the Pentarchy - Wikipedia model of geographic administrations of the Church the first of Equals is not answerable to anybody in Catholicism. This is notable in the 800s schism Catholics have caused Christianity to go by any other name but Christianity, its notable in the Venetian Crusade.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Inspiration given by inspiration of God
would be infallible. Inspiration from
thinking about God would not
be infallible.

Be sincere, have you read Dr. Riplinger's books or Dr. Rickman's books ?
The Apocrypha, is sometimes added to the text, after the nt canonical texts, [protestant Bible.

I would not make that delineation as it is abstract, or even incorrect. And, it's a broad statement.

In extra Biblical religious context, the Apocrypha can be very important, it's just contextual. The apocrypha being a collection of writings, in other words.

There are clearly questions about the text itself, book of Acts, so forth.

I don't agree with your general premise.

James2028

No, the apocrypha was placed
between the O.T. canon
and the NT. canon.
It was never part of scripture,
like it is in Catholic bibles.

Maybe you've never examined
an AV 1611 KJV Holy Bible.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
And your argument against the Apocrypha, is that some jews didn't accept it in their bibles? Rabbinical Judaism also delineates books that are considered 'other books', in the Ketuvim, even a delineation there, yet you say the jewish Tanach is the same as the Old Testament. An abstract statement, if your argument is divine writings.

Last edited:

MikeDwight

James2028 got confronted that the divisions in the church are real, that parts of the Church of Christ are now divided by the Pope and the Catholics, into Orthodox and Catholic like the picture of the east-west schism of 1045. He's then confronted with the autocephalic nature, or the Churches within the Body of Christ based on parishes, or, geographic regions, or administrations or patriarchs you might say. I asked again, how does HE SUGGEST that we MAKE this one Body of the Christians. That the Reformed Churches reclaim in only these two opposing forces. That is a $500 trillion dollar question as compared to your $1 dollar basement definitions I assume you are making, about how you or some friends or a "SCHISM" that's what another church IS , a "SCHISM", a separation against your definition, then unite 1.2 billion and 250 million and I bet the rest to history and theology would be almost nothing.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Sola Ecclesia sacramental Catholics
added books into the O.T. canon.
No orthodox Jew ever included these
books in canon.

Bible Christians have the same O.T.
books as the Jewish canon.
Both Catholics and Mormons
have added books to the Holy Bible.
The jewish Tanach has delineations in rabbinical judaism, saying that the O'T is the same as the Tanach[is abstract, at best.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
'other writings', are in the Tanach, in rabbinical [talmud , judaism.Those are more 'other writings', than much of the Apocrypha, traditionally.

Your argument here is just an incorrect correlation.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The 'other writings', in the Jewish bible, were considered 'other writings', when judaism canonized the jewish bible, [council of Jamnia.

Books that are in the Old Testament.

MikeDwight

Jesus was baptized by a Baptist.
I am required to reply that I didn't understand the logic on this, besides it sounds nice. John the Baptist had clearly seen Jesus Christ as already chosen and the Spirit I'd think, the Spirit appearing as a Dove led him on the Chosen path.

Baptists that I'm aware of conceive of a Similar baptism ritual. Is it actually from this Event? I watched TV shows about the Jewish practice. There were baths in front of the Temple for the often described ritual cleanness. John the Baptist , some on TV said, may have been a spin-off inspiration of the ministry of Jesus Christ, especially since John the Baptist was executed, some claim. It was a very secular yet intellectual tv show. No mainstream jewish baptism ritual.

Baptists believe terms like "Free Will" have led you to the decision to walk along with God and choose the Church, common among many Baptists, is that baby dunking whatever isn't a baptism.

James2028

I am amazed how biblical illiterate
most Catholics and ecumenical
Protestants are.

KJV Making the word of God
of none effect through your tradition

Last edited: