• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Filianism and Goddess Religion

NadiaMoon

Filianism is a Monotheistic religion centered on God the Mother and her Daughter who is the Queen of heaven and Earth. They do not use the term "Goddess" they use the term God or "Dea". if you want to learn more please go to this website http://www.mother-god.com/ but keep in mind that this site doesn not speak for ALL filianists.

I myself am not a Filianist, i am just a goddess worshiper. I believe the Goddess IS the universe and everything in it is a part of her (Pantheism) but i also believe that she comes to us in forms of Goddesses. I worship both Sun and Moon Goddesses.

If anyone has questions or thoughts feel free to post here
Goddess Blessings

Last edited:

Burl

Coincidentally I came across a book called The marriage of spirit by leslie temple Thurston
http://www.corelight.org/pdf_storage/ebooks/The-Marriage-of-Spirit.pdf
in which the author attributes personal healing to the divine essence at the core of each one of us with the quote:

When by the flood of your tears the inner and the outer have

fused into one, you will find Her whom you sought with such

anguish, nearer than the nearest, the very breath of life, the

very core of every heart.

—Sri Anandamayi Ma

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Filianism is a Monotheistic religion centered on God the Mother and her Daughter who is the Queen of heaven and Earth. They do not use the term "Goddess" they use the term God or "Dea". if you want to learn more please go to this website http://www.mother-god.com/ but keep in mind that this site doesn not speak for ALL filianists.

The website seems really contradictory. It rejects polytheism but happily appropriates polytheist goddesses (I wonder where we've seen that before...); and attempts to push its own unevidenced view of the world (early Pagans were monotheists & God(dess) worshippers?) on us; they worship the Feminine Divine but use a masculine title for it o_O the writers would have us believe they know more than entire professions - archaeology, historians etc.

The website is nonsense.

NadiaMoon

I find that website pretty obnoxious. It presents this pseudo-pagan, pseudo-Hindu white-light sort of religion that simultaneously calls polytheism "illegitimate", "heretical" and "spiritually degenerate" (http://www.mother-god.com/polytheism.html). Instead it promotes "angelotheism". I have zero patience for this sort of judgmental, passive aggressive fluff.
The website seems really contradictory. It rejects polytheism but happily appropriates polytheist goddesses (I wonder where we've seen that before...); and attempts to push its own unevidenced view of the world (early Pagans were monotheists & God(dess) worshippers?) on us; they worship the Feminine Divine but use a masculine title for it o_O the writers would have us believe they know more than entire professions - archaeology, historians etc.

The website is nonsense.

Yes i agree, i myself do not like the site, but it is a good started place imo.

NadiaMoon

Looks interesting. Are there any significant differences between Filianism and other Goddess traditions beyond the fact Filianists call the Goddess 'God'?

Well most Goddess worshipers see the Goddess as being the universe or the Earth (Pantheism) while as Filianists believe God created the Earth and is transcendent from it. And unlike Goddess worshipers, they believe in a savior (The Holy Daughter) . They also have set scripture, (like a bible) though most don't take the scriptures completely literally.