• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female Pastors? is it Biblical

AdamjEdgar

"Love your neighbor as yourself" is the lens through which we are to read everything. If in doubt what needs to change, just ask yourself "Is this hateful to me? Then I will not do it to others." So let me ask you, would you like it if men were barred from pastoring?

I dont see it as a discriminatory hate position. It is simplty that the bible clearly states what the position of women is...and what their role is.
A womens job in life is to support her husband...to be an equal companion. Having said that, their roles are very different.
I believe this difference is there by design. One reason for me is quite simple...men are terrible at making a house a home. As more and more women are moving out into the workfoce, family is suffering terribly. The role of women in making a house a home, in ensuring family, is crucial and it cannot be done adequitely when they are not there. We as a capitalistic society have grossley undervalued the importance of womens role at home (and doing the washing, cleaning etc is absolutely not what i am talking about)

So nothing sexist here...quite the opposite actually.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I dont see it as a discriminatory hate position. It is simplty that the bible clearly states what the position of women is...and what their role is.
A womens job in life is to support her husband...to be an equal companion. Having said that, their roles are very different.
I believe this difference is there by design. One reason for me is quite simple...men are terrible at making a house a home. As more and more women are moving out into the workfoce, family is suffering terribly. The role of women in making a house a home, in ensuring family, is crucial and it cannot be done adequitely when they are not there. We as a capitalistic society have grossley undervalued the importance of womens role at home (and doing the washing, cleaning etc is absolutely not what i am talking about)

So nothing sexist here...quite the opposite actually.
AGain, if an organization barred men from leadership, would you like that or hate that? If you would hate it, that tells you it is wrong to do to women.

AdamjEdgar

AGain, if an organization barred men from leadership, would you like that or hate that? If you would hate it, that tells you it is wrong to do to women.
I dont see the point there? Fact is, the bible narrative doesnt provide evidence for that statement, its a hypothetical that ignores the place of men and women in said narrative.

Adam and Eve were given their appointments and roles before sin enterred this world...it is not a result of sin that Eve was a companion to Adam and that she was takien from him.

As i have already stated, this is not an equal rights debate...that has nothing to do with this. That is simply a construct of humanism seeking a way of discrediting the bible. The same was said of slavery...ie that it is religion that is the cause of slavery. The truth is, it was Christians who fought for removing slavery (contrary to secular humanism and its false claims)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I dont see the point there? Fact is, the bible narrative doesnt provide evidence for that statement, its a hypothetical that ignores the place of men and women in said narrative.

Adam and Eve were given their appointments and roles before sin enterred this world...it is not a result of sin that Eve was a companion to Adam and that she was takien from him.

As i have already stated, this is not an equal rights debate...that has nothing to do with this. That is simply a construct of humanism seeking a way of discrediting the bible. The same was said of slavery...ie that it is religion that is the cause of slavery. The truth is, it was Christians who fought for removing slavery (contrary to secular humanism and its false claims)
You seem to support the idea that women are companion to men. That would actually support women being treated as equals. So I'm not sure why you are arguing with me.

Again, as Hillel said, "What is hateful to you, do not do to others. That is the whole Torah. All the rest is commentary." Anything you do that violates that, is immoral, including making women second class citizens by denying us participation in governing.

Last edited:

101G

Again, as Hillel said, "What is hateful to you, do not do to others. That is the whole Torah. All the rest is commentary." Anything you do that violates that, is immoral, including making women second class citizens by denying us participation in governing.
correct, God gave them, Male and female, dominion, not just the Male. supportive scripture, Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

in Christ Jesus, there is neither Male nor Female, and as said, pastor is a Gift of the Holy Spirit, which is for whom the Spirit giveth. and God shows no partiality.

101G.

Muffled

Jesus in me
first thanks for the reply. well I'm glad you said, "it isn't because they are more deserving", thank God.
but you said, "simply it keeps the order of things that God ordained". how is that?
LAST,
I want touch the part on incarnation.
PICJAG.

I believe it is because man is the provider and woman is the receptor. (Facts of life)