• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeding the wildlife

idea

Question Everything
I was out in an area this morning where the wildlife had learned to associate people with food. Someone else there who was feeding the birds (with corn from feed store), said she does it - every day - because we took their habitat away so we now need to feed them.
20221015_095828.jpg

Thoughts?

Audie

Veteran Member
I was out in an area this morning where the wildlife had learned to associate people with food. Someone else there who was feeding the birds (with corn from feed store), said she does it - every day - because we took their habitat away so we now need to feed them.
View attachment 67559
Thoughts?
There's elements of truth to that.

There's times it's appropriate.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
True to an extent, however, if one is going to feed wildlife, they should first do a bit of homework to find out what they eat or what is good for them.

For example, I've seen people feed bread to the ducks, geese, and swans at our local park. The problem with this is feeding animals processed foods that contain things like HFCS can lead to malnutrition, behavior disorders, and disease.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Think ecologically.
Are there more ducks there than natural food sources could support?
What happens when a population dependent on human feeding looses it's human food source?
Living beyond the natural carrying capacity of a region is hazardous.