• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeding Spiritual Hunger

Thank you, Rodge, that is much clearer now.

And not unfamiliar. :)

But (as you probably realise) 'free will' is not really evidence without some way to define it. You're looking for help with a frame? If I understand correctly, you are trying to find help framing 'free will' in a small package (finding the words, so to speak, that might allow materialists to break through with a similar realisation).

For myself, I suspect (as doppleganger hinted earlier) that even if you find the words you will not find them coming around to your realisation, as any realisation they come to will be their own. What works for you won't necessarily work for anyone else. It's your path. Many religious philosophies emphasize that people will each find their own path to realisations.

Edit: I should have specified "free will is not evidence to others without some way to define it."

Thanks. Rather than take up a lot of space here, I'll just say that I've tried to see how I'd explain it to others, and you can find some of those attempts at www.rationalrodge-longpitch.blogspot.com and www.rationalrodge-shortpitch.blogspot.com

I don't think it would be as difficult or unproductive as some may think, but that's just a hunch. I think some field testing is needed to know much, one way or the other.

many say that they dont have a spiritual need , but there is not one human who does not need the remedy that the most high is offering to us . and Jesus sheep will hear his voice . following the christ will lead to everlasting life . so the question is.............what does it mean to follow the christ?
When Jesus said those words he was speaking to those who had responded to Jesus . so many have got a spiritual need . those who had not responded had more than likely been influenced by their religious leaders to not listen to Jesus . and i think it can be the same today , false religious leaders turn people away from the really sayings of Jesus . but Jesus knows his sheep and they listen to his voice .

This is a nice statement of your faith, but you don't really answer the question about how to reach those who don't recognize the need, those who maybe are't listening to any spiritual leader.

may

This is a nice statement of your faith, but you don't really answer the question about how to reach those who don't recognize the need, those who maybe are't listening to any spiritual leader.
many are reached , but many do not respond . a bit like the days of Noah were . they took no note . but eventually they will have to know that Jehovah is the most high. if a person has a good heart condition Jehovah and Jesus can read hearts. but now is the time to seek God.

rojse

RF Addict
How come the spiritual hunger needs to be fed with Christianity? Why could it not be paganism, Satanism, or any other religion for that matter?

may

How come the spiritual hunger needs to be fed with Christianity? Why could it not be paganism, Satanism, or any other religion for that matter?
there is only one way to salvation and Jesus plays a very big role in that salvation , and there is only one way to go , Yes Jesus is the way the truth and the life . and we cannot get to the father (Jehovah) without Jesus. and there is only one channel .

I don't think I ever said it needs to be fed with Christianity. I think what I said was that Christians have an obligation to feed spiritual hunger. I think my idea about personal spirituality may be unifying—something many different religions could agree to as a common starting point, although they would want to expand on the idea in different ways. And I think that having a common starting point could diminish inter-religious hostility, in the same way that the common roots in Abraham can encourage respectful discussions among Jews, Christians, and Muslims.