• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite herbal teas?

lewismilton

Excluding green, white, & black teas, what are your favorite herbal teas and why?
I drink dried licorice root & either dried or fresh ginger made into tea after every meal, sometimes with a shot of apple cider vinegar. Definitely helps with digestion and bloating.
I love lemon balm and passionflower when I'm stressed.
Sage and hibiscus help when I feel under the weather and peppermint has always been great for chest congestion.

Anyone else have suggestions for blends of loose herb tea?

lewismilton

Excluding green, white, & black teas, what are your favorite herbal teas and why?
I drink dried licorice root & either dried or fresh ginger made into tea after every meal, sometimes with a shot of apple cider vinegar. Definitely helps with digestion and bloating.
I love lemon balm and passionflower when I'm stressed.
Sage and hibiscus help with vloei en tip when I feel under the weather and peppermint has always been great for chest congestion.

Anyone else have suggestions for blends of loose herb tea?
Even if it's prepackaged all comments welcome!

siti

Packaged I like peppermint best and then liquorice and there's one they sell here that's green tea with jasmine which gives it a bit of sweetness...

But the best ones for me are the ones we make from leaves freshly picked from our own trees...we'll often have lemon leaf and soursop leaf (together or one or the other) with grated fresh ginger and a drop of honey (from our own beehives Iately because we just harvested two of them)

Another one is noni leaf tea which is quite bitter but refreshing nonetheless.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ginger, mint or lemon are the teas i enjoy

Grate some ginger, put it in a cup with hot water and leave a few minutes before drinking.

Cut some mint leaves, lightly crush and pour hot water over them

Lemon tree leaves, this years growth only (the lighter green ones) tear the leaves and drop into boiling water for 5 minutes, strain the tea and add honey to taste.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I fancy trying star anise but haven't got round to it yet.

packaged ones: I like peppermint & licorice

and

rose & lemon

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*** WARNING **** MASSIVE TEA AND TISANE SNOB AND AFICIONADO AHEAD *** WARNING ***

I have the good fortune of living in a place that has a specialty shop that creates excellent tisanes. They also have teas too, but the real star are their tisanes... in part because they are also simply an herbal store. The sorts of things they make you will not find in those sterile supermarket shelves, oh no. Their ingredient list is too esoteric for that. And because they are also simply an herbal store, you can easily craft your own blends if you know what you are doing with the few hundred different kinds of herbs and spices they have in stock.

Each if their season-themed teas are magnificent. As someone who practices a nature-based religion I develop a pretty strong connection with the energy and feel of various seasons and what a tea that expresses that essential nature should smell and taste like. They nail it. The Winter Solstice blend is a pitch black liquid that evokes the darkness of night. The Spring Equinox blend is clear and light that evokes the fresh and new green. The Summer Solstice blend is crimson like the fire of the peak of warmth and sun. The Autumn Equinox blend is deep and almost a touch smoky like dried leaves. I refresh my stock of them every season because they're just perfection. They are definitely not for everyone and I doubt you would ever see these mass marketed. Their flavor profiles are too weird and complex for most palettes.

A special shout-out to cascara, or coffee cherry. When I first tried this stuff I wasn't impressed, but then I got to try it whole, direct from the producer. This stuff really needs to go mainstream on the market because it's fantastic. For those who are not botany nerds, coffee fruits are actually these little red berries. The outer red part is not used in the coffee production (those coffee "beans" are the seeds of this fruit, not beans botanically speaking), and that is what makes cascara.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Chamomile tea is really good. I like floral herbal; I know it's a green tea, but Jasmine tea is delicious.

Pine needle tea is great in the winter for congestion.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
*** WARNING **** MASSIVE TEA AND TISANE SNOB AND AFICIONADO AHEAD *** WARNING ***

I have the good fortune of living in a place that has a specialty shop that creates excellent tisanes. They also have teas too, but the real star are their tisanes... in part because they are also simply an herbal store. The sorts of things they make you will not find in those sterile supermarket shelves, oh no. Their ingredient list is too esoteric for that. And because they are also simply an herbal store, you can easily craft your own blends if you know what you are doing with the few hundred different kinds of herbs and spices they have in stock.

Each if their season-themed teas are magnificent. As someone who practices a nature-based religion I develop a pretty strong connection with the energy and feel of various seasons and what a tea that expresses that essential nature should smell and taste like. They nail it. The Winter Solstice blend is a pitch black liquid that evokes the darkness of night. The Spring Equinox blend is clear and light that evokes the fresh and new green. The Summer Solstice blend is crimson like the fire of the peak of warmth and sun. The Autumn Equinox blend is deep and almost a touch smoky like dried leaves. I refresh my stock of them every season because they're just perfection. They are definitely not for everyone and I doubt you would ever see these mass marketed. Their flavor profiles are too weird and complex for most palettes.

A special shout-out to cascara, or coffee cherry. When I first tried this stuff I wasn't impressed, but then I got to try it whole, direct from the producer. This stuff really needs to go mainstream on the market because it's fantastic. For those who are not botany nerds, coffee fruits are actually these little red berries. The outer red part is not used in the coffee production (those coffee "beans" are the seeds of this fruit, not beans botanically speaking), and that is what makes cascara.
Loved the post but had to friendly rate because apologizing or warning before going into something you're passionate or excited about is just very relatable. :D

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I adore jasmine tea.
For sure, it's one I always have on hand. But the good stuff. Learned the quality difference through experience. Not that the ground up stuff is bad but it's not jasmine pearl.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I like orange (the flavor, not the color)
And clove.
And orange and clove combo.
I also like mint
Spearmint over peppermint. (pepper makes me sneeze)
and orange and spearmint combo.
But not orange, clove and spearmint combo.
To busy for me.

I also like bergamot.
In black tea.
Lots of peeps call that "Earl Grey".
Add a wee bit of vanilla and mmm mmm good.

Black tea of course.
Never liked green tea.

I have not had enough white tea to have formed an honest opinion.