• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite dance routines

Comicaze247

See the previous line
YouTube - Hofesh Shechter

I am hoping I haven't misunderstood your post, as this isn't from the TV show , but it is one of my favourites by Hofesh Shechter
I don't think there's anything to misunderstand :areyoucra I just wanted to discuss our favorite dance routines :D

I'm more into Hip Hop, but that was pretty intense! The way they grouped together when the percussion came in. NICE

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Just wasn't sure if it was meant to be dedicated to 'so you think you can dance'
Ah, my mistake then :) Nope, include anything you like! :D

What I liked about the one I posted was how intricate the movements are. All the isolation and quick hits. It's amazing that that girl had NO previous experience in dancing hip hop.

EDIT: I forgot to include that part that Phillip does when the lyrics are "fighting for (nothing)." I try and try, I can't seem to do it, and pop-locking is what I'm best at, lol.

Last edited:

Andal

resident hypnotist
my favorites are the entire Paquita ballet, have danced it quite a few times.

and i really liked the slum dog millionaire routine from So You Think You Can Dance last week. if i can find it, i'll post it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Aaaaaargh! I totally missed this thread!! Where was I??? :bounce

I will have a very very very difficult time pinning down my favorite dance pieces from the thousands and thousands I've seen, danced in, and critiqued (it's the industry I've been involved in for decades now). I'll give it a shot with whatever pieces pops up first from memory.

default.jpg

Hip hop

default.jpg

Modern/contemporary

Minus 16 (above) was a piece I saw back in.....2000 I think?......and it was danced by Hubbard Street. Mind-blowing and fantastic, I became an instant fan of Ohad Naharin.

It's harder for me to pin down my favorite from ballet. I guess the first dancer that pops in my mind right now is Nureyev, and I've got a soft spot for him and for the family holiday classic Nutcracker ballet. So here's the grand pas de deux I have enjoyed immensely:

default.jpg

Ballet

Aaahhh, and musical theatre, the genre of theatre I have most closely been working in for the last 3 years. A Chorus Line, Guys and Dolls, Thoroughly Modern Millie, and 42nd Street all offer VERY memorable dance pieces for the masses. I'm right now combining a couple genres of dance into one here with a childhood favorite star of mine: Gregory Hines. (R.I.P., man) :flower:

default.jpg

Tap/Musical Theatre

And because I'm annoying and want to keep adding another dance into the mix, another Broadway gem of a performer - Michael Jeter - in Grand Hotel:

default.jpg

Musical theatre

Michael Jeter won the Tony award that year, too. His acceptance speech drove me to tears. He's another one that the stage unfortunately lost at such a young age, too. :flower:

Too many dances......my head is about ready to explode....

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I love So You Think You Can Dance!

The vid I'm posting is from a couple I have been taught from a few times, locals. They are amazing. I filmed this and my cam isn't great but you can still see how awesome they are:

[youtube]gBKgpmKxCvM[/youtube]

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Awr, EML, not available in my country. Maybe I can find the vid elsewhere.