• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fasting or Feasting?

Which is greater?

• Fasting

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Feasting

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Both are equally good

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • L2photosynthesis.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

GoodbyeDave

My religion has no fasts but sharing food and drink with the gods is a basic act of worship in all forms Paganism. To consume such food is to receive a divine blessing: what the Indians call prasada.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Fasting or Feasting?
You come closer to God by giving your heart to His one and only Son, not by doin' stuff!
It's all been done at the cross.

ronandcarol

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Fasting is cheaper.

Feasting is always better if someone else is paying.

#Skinflint #Stingy

Jedster

Hinduism has a couple of fasts, but they aren't required. In fact one lady at temple said her idea of fasting is 70 mph. There are technically four fasting days per month... two for Lord Vishnu, and two for Lord Shiva. They fall on the 11th and 13th days of each new and full moon. Most Hindus, if they keep the fasts, will do one or the other, depending on their preferred form of God. I have yet to see or hear of feasting in Hinduism, since feasting could be considered being an excess.

What about the wedding of Rama & Sita?
52 dishes..now that is a feast

amorphous_constellation

I don't really see those as being things that usually move you close to a god. Rather, they are techniques that are for the self. If you can celebrate well, perhaps you can relax well. If you can fast well, perhaps you can focus well. The balance one chooses, I think, is arbitrary to their spiritual connection, which is a separate and more tangible thing. Nonetheless, balance is probably usually advised with choices of consequence to the body and mind. What do these things do for you?