• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fasting for Satyanarayana Puja?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd like to go (to temple) this coming Saturday @ 4pm for the puja, if the day doesn't turn to poopies, as my weekends tend to. :rolleyes:

Satyanarayan Puja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Puja (Prayer) Vidhi (performing method)
The Satyanarayan Puja is performed in reverence to the Narayan form of Lord Vishnu. The Lord in this form is considered an embodiment of truth.
Performing this puja in the evening is considered more appropriate. However one can do it in the morning as well. On the day of the puja, the devotee has to fast. After bathing the person can begin the puja.

Sounds like fun! We don't celebrate or do that puja as far as I know... *checks calendar*

Yup, pretty much just Ekadashis.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Well as I predicted, my day is not going to go as planned, as usual. :rolleyes: I won't be able to go to today's Satyanarayana Puja. But there is always one on Purnima, which is Friday Dec. 9.