• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football

Should we have a dedicated TE roster spot?

• yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Sorry for the delay on this haven't been feeling well for the past two days :( . Starting to feel better now :D. Here are the rules for our league. Also, what's not mentioned, is that it is a 14 round draft. This should give us plenty of backup players. We currently have 9 teams, and need 3 more to start the draft. It will be an auto draft. Once we have enough teams, I will randomly generate the draft order via Yahoo and set the draft date. If you have any questions let me know.

12 Teams
Scoring Type:Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on:Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider:Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves:40
Max Trades:No maximum
Trade Reject Time:2
Trade End Date:November 18, 2005
Trade Review:League Votes
Waiver Time:2 days
Post Draft Players:Free Agents
Playoffs:Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
Roster Positions:QB, WR, WR, TE, RB, RB, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories:Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles (-2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4) Fractional Points:No Negative Points:Yes

Crystallas

if its like every other FFL it will be after the last preseason game or as soon as 12 teams are up and we can set a date. We dont start playing until week1 anyways.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Todd said:
We currently have 9 teams, and need 3 more to start the draft.
We are on the verge of running out of time ...
Todd said:
Once we have enough teams, I will randomly generate the draft order via Yahoo and set the draft date. If you have any questions let me know.
As it is, bye weeks will be more than a little concern in a system fielding 9 with 5 on the bench, and I see no way to adequeately address bye week concerns uning an auto-draft. Perhaps you could give me a better sense of what you had in mind.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Deut. 32.8 said:
We are on the verge of running out of time ...
Not Really. I am in 5 other leagues, and none of them are fully set yet. Although, another week, and I will be worried. We now have 10 teams. 2 more are needed.

As it is, bye weeks will be more than a little concern in a system fielding 9 with 5 on the bench, and I see no way to adequeately address bye week concerns uning an auto-draft. Perhaps you could give me a better sense of what you had in mind.
Most of the auto draft leagues I am in have 4 on the bench with 9 starters. We will have free agency available all season. As far as the auto-draft goes, I would have preferred to have a live draft, but originally, yahoo only had available times early during the day on weekdays when most people are at work. I do see your concerns with an autodraft though. Someone could possibly end up with 4 QB's on the bench.

Yahoo just opened up some times during the weekends if anyone wants to do a live draft instead. Does anyone want to do a live draft instead of an auto draft?

Riven

I've been doing fantasy football for years. I was in 32 leagues last year. I've already joined 12 leagues this year. In nearly every league I've ever been in (except for the oddball league here and there with two QBs, or IDPs) there have been nine starters (QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, a TE, a K, and a team defense) with a minimum of 6 bench spots. If we're going to rely on free agents for our bye week fill-ins, I'm toast. I work out on the river, I live on a boat for two out of every three weeks.

Crystallas

I cant see how its so hard to get a full 12 people. I allways hate that about FFL, some groups, its no problem, but others its just aweful, waiting until a day before the draft to get a full league(if your lucky.)

Im telling ya peeps of RF! If you have never tried this, try it. Its a lot of fun! Even if you are new to this, you will quickly figgure it out. Newbies have good chances of making it far into the playoffs since they come in with some surprize ideas and they dont base players of the last year as much as they wil base them off the current year(like a lot of mistakes old-timers make.)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I have friends who are really into FFB. They really have a great time with it. I have never participated, but I see the enthusiasm of being involved with a sport instead of just watching, and I think it's a good thing. Good luck, I hope you can get it going.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Todd said:
Does anyone want to do a live draft instead of an auto draft?
If, by auto draft, you are referring to a completely automated draft based on previously submitted lists, I am not at all sure I'm interested. A draft without regard to back-ups and bye weeks seems a bit silly to me.

Lifer

Thanks.

I'm in as Green_Flyers (I'm an Eagles fan).

I'm in one other league with my brother and there's a lot of cussing and personal insults, so just looking for more civility and people who have faith.

I've not been in a league with a TE so that would be new for me. I voted against it but it looks like it's a done deal.

I also prefer a live draft or else a lot of the strategy is lost.

Lifer

BTW, how does an automated draft work? Do you rank your players in each category or rank them overall?

Lifer

Thanks Riven.

There is another Christian FFL that needs one more team if anyone is interested. Let me know and I'll provide the info so you can check it out. It will have a live draft next Saturday and is on the FOX fantasy site.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Lifer said:
BTW, how does an automated draft work? Do you rank your players in each category or rank them overall?
Welcome aboard. Yes, you will need to pre-rank your players to get the best.

We only need one more person to have the full 12 teams.

Lifer

Thanks Todd.

I went to edit my players and I noticed that there are no TE's on the list. I see there is no TE listed for the roster and that's cool, but shouldn't we be able to play TE's for WR's? I noticed that there are no TE's on the player list that I must edit.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Lifer said:
Thanks Todd.

I went to edit my players and I noticed that there are no TE's on the list. I see there is no TE listed for the roster and that's cool, but shouldn't we be able to play TE's for WR's? I noticed that there are no TE's on the player list that I must edit.
Haven't set that yet. I will set that in a few minutes. There will be a designated TE spot.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Ok, the TE spot is set. We will hold the automated draft next weekend no matter what. I can find a 12th player somewhere. I know performance park might be interested. I will PM him and see if he wants to play. However, the spot is still open, so whoever signs up first will get the last spot. We will have yahoo auto-pick the draft order.

I also added one more round to the draft which means you will have 6 benched players. Hopefully that will help everyone through the bye weeks.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Todd said:
Roster Positions:QB, WR, WR, TE, RB, RB, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
The 8/21 entry on the Yahoo site states:
Starting Positions (Offense) changed from 'QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,W/R' to 'QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE'​
i.e., it shows no flex position. Please advise.