• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy vs. The Simpsons

Mike182

Flaming Queer
klubbhead024 said:
But it's the Simpsons!!! The original!!! There would be no Family Guy without the Simpsons.

originals become dated, i got bored of the Simpsonds as i grew up, but i doubt i will ever get bored of family guy!

ChrisP

Veteran Member
They both have their moments, but Futurama consistently gets more laughs out of me. Most of Family Guy is just kinda "You threw that in there just because you couldn't think of anything funny didn't you?"

Awen

Family Guy, hands down. Why? Stewie!! :D

stewie.jpg
:bow:

klubbhead024

ChrisP said:
They both have their moments, but Futurama consistently gets more laughs out of me. Most of Family Guy is just kinda "You threw that in there just because you couldn't think of anything funny didn't you?"
I've never found Futerama very funny... it always just seemed like a abd ripoff of the Simpsons... I feel the same way about American Dad ripping off Family Guy. But Family Guy's stuff that gets "thrown" in there is what makes it great. The complete randomness is what makes the show so funny!

evearael

I love Family Guy! Stewie and Brian are my favorite characters. Before I had my daughter, I told my husband I wanted a Lilo or Stewie. :)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
klubbhead024 said:
I've never found Futerama very funny... it always just seemed like a abd ripoff of the Simpsons... I feel the same way about American Dad ripping off Family Guy. But Family Guy's stuff that gets "thrown" in there is what makes it great. The complete randomness is what makes the show so funny!
Oh don't get me wrong, I love the randomness... just some of it seems very very forced and unimaginative.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I LOVE Family Guy! :) The Simpsons are still great, the old ones anyway, but the newer episodes are severely lacking. Family Guy is still going strong (last I knew).

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
evearael said:
I love Family Guy! Stewie and Brian are my favorite characters. Before I had my daughter, I told my husband I wanted a Lilo or Stewie. :)

cardero thinks I look like lilo and I loveeeeee Stewie!!!!

Cardero and I watch Simpson's and Family Guy every sunday. But since the football and holidays, they only have repeats. But, I would rather watch Family Guy then Simpsons any day.

ch'ang

artist in training
If you would have asked this about 8 months ago I would have said Family Guy for sure but as more and more episodes come out, it seems like they are getting father and father away from what actually makes them funny. All family guy is nowadays is a pitifull plot peppered with completly unrelated cut-aways glued togather with pop culture references.

nutshell

I just learned there's going to be Simpsons Movie this year. I wish them the best, but I have a bad feeling about this.