• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falvlun the Lemur Mod!

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
How do you pronounce "falvlun?"
Inconsistently! Falv rhymes with valve when standing by itself, but when it is in the full name, it has more of an ahh sound, like fah with an lv at the end. The "lun" always sounds like "loon",with the emphasis falling on the falv. Fahlv-loon.

I also answer to "hey you" if all that proves too irritating. :p

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Inconsistently! Falv rhymes with valve when standing by itself, but when it is in the full name, it has more of an ahh sound, like fah with an lv at the end. The "lun" always sounds like "loon",with the emphasis falling on the falv. Fahlv-loon.

I also answer to "hey you" if all that proves too irritating. :p

Do you answer to throwing things at you?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Your dog is a gorgeous! Now that you are a mod I hope to get to know you more.

BrokenHearted2

вяσкєη вυт вєιηg яєѕтσяє∂
I loved reading your thread. I appreciate anyone who loves pitbulls after seeing you pitbull mix. We raised Boxers but had also a pit she was a sweet girl and I miss her. They are so stereotyped. :bounce

Hello Falvlun and others who no longer wish to be called Christians!

My salutes!

I too like you folks, have shed my religious identity that I had stuck on to for three fourths of my life out of ignorance an parochialism and the partisan intolerant traditions followed religiously by the family I was destined to be born in. Destined? Destiny? Fate? Well these are words that I have been speaking, talking and writing all my life without actually knowing the real meanings! No experience whatsoever has occurred so far to me, on getting the real feel of these words. Maybe folks in this forum who have better understanding and experience, shall share them with me.

It may seem confusing to you, but many a times from my schooldays and after, Christianity and its original Roman Catholic Apostolic faith has affected my heart and soul so deeply that I have had very strong urges, almost unstoppable cravings, to go to a church preferably a Roman Catholic church and ask the Padre or the priest for giving me baptism! The reason is that I was educated from childhood to High Schools in India, run by Jesuit fathers from America's Chicago and Maryland provinces. The zest of these Jesuit missionaries in imparting leadership and moral science is exemplary and perhaps unequaled anywhere in any other religious movement. I have respected the fact that these people did not ever try to criticize my own faith and proselytize or evangelize the Catholic Christianity to me or any other non Catholic or non Christian student. All they taught us in these schools is that we have to be pure in our hearts in thought word and deed and harbor no malice to anyone and to be faithful to our God and our country. I shall talk about some of these Jesuit Fathers later.

The effect from that high school education was that it opened my eyes and mind from the bounds of my traditional faith and led me to study and understand other faiths and tenets and their motto. And that meant a lot of reading. The three main books that have shaped my spirituality today were all written by Catholic Priests! They are:-
1). Imitation of Christ by Reverend Thomas A Kempis (English translation from original German published by St. Paul's Press worldwide)
2). Exercitia Spiritualia (Spiritual Exercises) By Saint Inigo Lopez De Loyola or Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus. (English translation by Saint Edmund Campion S.J. British Jesuit martyred in England at orders of Queen Elizabeth I. (Published and circulated by the Little Flowers Press Calcutta, India)
3). Susamaachaaram Muktirgatih Evam Avigyaanam Shri Khrishtacharitam (The Good News of Salvation from Lord Jesus Christ's life and ways) by Padre Roberto De Nobili S.J. (Sanskrit manuscript on dried coconut leaves preserved in The (Dar Ul Tarjumeh) Department of Translations, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India and translated by late Pandit Vishnu Mahadev Aurangabadkar and published in Marathi at Pune, Maharashtra, India. This is the first ever Sanskrit text bettering the Brahmans of those days and these days, by an extremely scholastic Italian Jesuit visiting and living till death in India.

Why did I not embrace the Catholic Apostolic faith? The answer is that Saint Ignatius Loyola, Father Thomas A Kempis, and Padre Roberto De Nobili has taught me from their writings to try to be a good human being first by heart and soul before flaunting to the world the fact that I am a Christian, to be which it is imperial to make myself worthy of calling me a human created in God's own form. Also I do not want my self to be branded any more like cattle on their hides as belonging to any particular sect or following! If Jesus Christ of Nazareth, King of the Jews, Son of Mary, and the only begotten Son of God, is an Avatar of the unseen God in whom I still believe, then he is my master too whether I be a Catholic Christian or not as long I remain true to myself and to him!

Bye!

Last edited:

aaglaas

Earthbending lemur, at your service.

So, um, yeah. I like Oreos. And hiking. And I have a suspicion that my dog is cooler than me. I mean, look at him:
drummondislandcorp.jpg

That is one cool cucumber.

Anyway, I also have an incredible weakness for frantically typing lots of words into a particular internet forum which discusses religion, and politics, and basically anything else you ever wanted to talk about. Strange. I know.

If ya got any questions for me, I might find some answers for you. Oreo bribes are accepted.

Such a beautiful and cute dog!! :)