• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falling In Love with Fictional Being

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I can relate to getting attached to characters. I had to really watch it. There started to be a certain sameness to key characters in some of what I was writing.

But in my case, it was platonic. They were male characters, and I think I was projecting too much of my personality into them.

Some of my characters are me, or some part of me, or who I wish I were. Or some combination of all of that.

If you like, we can set up a couch for you, and send you an invoice?

OK, but no straps this time.

Those things take forever to gnaw through.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I had a dream when I was sleeping this morning about being with a beautiful girl that I met at the movies (I think) or that I asked to go to a movie with me and I met her somewhere else. Then after the movies we went to drive around, and because dreams are chaotic I guess I turned into the passenger even though I was originally driving alone with her, and my friend was driving now.

I let her wear my cap, we barely knew each other, but I wasn't socially awkward here. It was late at night. Then when my friend dropped me off at my house (she was still sitting in the back, wearing my hat), I let her keep my cap, hoping she forgot she had it on, so that she could remember me and maybe meet again.

I felt love for her but she's not real and I'll probably not dream about her again.

Has anyone ever fell in love with someone that was only in a dream?
One thing I admit. Dreams can really make an impression. :0)

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I fell in love with an original character I created. I know what you're thinking- "Becky, you created him; of course you'd like him." But that is not the case. The character isn't perfect. He's nothing like me, but I see through the cartoon, dark blue eyes. His name is Genesis, he's 21, he's 6'0" and he has blue and green hair(dyed, of course). The only 2 problems are that he's a made-up character and he's gay. There's no way I can date a gay guy. I mean, that's common sense, but I honestly fell for an OC. Now you know my hopes and dreams. Let's get on with our lives. *giggle**giggle*

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Some of my characters are me, or some part of me, or who I wish I were. Or some combination of all of that.

Yup. I know where you're coming from. Most of my male lead type have at least a small aspect of my personality in them. It's a bad habit, in my case. I'm trying to break it.

OK, but no straps this time.

Those things take forever to gnaw through.

Well...sure. That's because we went to metal cable years ago. The fact that it took 'forever' to gnaw through is hardly surprising. But thanks for the reminder...I'll be adding the cost of the cables you ate to the bill.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I fell in love with an original character I created. I know what you're thinking- "Becky, you created him; of course you'd like him." But that is not the case. The character isn't perfect. He's nothing like me, but I see through the cartoon, dark blue eyes. His name is Genesis, he's 21, he's 6'0" and he has blue and green hair(dyed, of course). The only 2 problems are that he's a made-up character and he's gay. There's no way I can date a gay guy. I mean, that's common sense, but I honestly fell for an OC. Now you know my hopes and dreams. Let's get on with our lives. *giggle**giggle*

That's like the ultimate unobtainable guy. He's not real, AND he's gay. You best come and have a seat on the couch too. You seem a bit saner than Quagmire though, so no cables.