• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falling In Love with Fictional Being

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I had a dream when I was sleeping this morning about being with a beautiful girl that I met at the movies (I think) or that I asked to go to a movie with me and I met her somewhere else. Then after the movies we went to drive around, and because dreams are chaotic I guess I turned into the passenger even though I was originally driving alone with her, and my friend was driving now.

I let her wear my cap, we barely knew each other, but I wasn't socially awkward here. It was late at night. Then when my friend dropped me off at my house (she was still sitting in the back, wearing my hat), I let her keep my cap, hoping she forgot she had it on, so that she could remember me and maybe meet again.

I felt love for her but she's not real and I'll probably not dream about her again.

Has anyone ever fell in love with someone that was only in a dream?

Titanic

Not in a dream for me Sum. I have crushed real hard on fictional people in movie's. I guess that's not the same thing though.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not a dream for me either. Mild crushes on characters in books when I was a teen.
I suspect some of it was the freedom to imagine myself however I wanted in that fasts and the safety o it being completely unobtainable.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I mean no disrespect, but there are religions based on that very idea.

The reality of the experience is separate to our capacity to have significant intellectual and emotional associations with it.

I have had crushes on many lovely ladies, some of whom were real others were not; a wonderfully portrayed character yet not the actress, a figure from a well written piece of literature... my perception of a person that was nothing like the person themselves... how much of what we attach and invest our emotions in are truly real and how much are the projections we have constructed within our minds... it is a difficult question.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
I had a dream when I was sleeping this morning about being with a beautiful girl that I met at the movies (I think) or that I asked to go to a movie with me and I met her somewhere else. Then after the movies we went to drive around, and because dreams are chaotic I guess I turned into the passenger even though I was originally driving alone with her, and my friend was driving now.

I let her wear my cap, we barely knew each other, but I wasn't socially awkward here. It was late at night. Then when my friend dropped me off at my house (she was still sitting in the back, wearing my hat), I let her keep my cap, hoping she forgot she had it on, so that she could remember me and maybe meet again.

I felt love for her but she's not real and I'll probably not dream about her again.

It was almost thraumatic and it changed me.

I have said it in RF before.

I was little, maybe 14. I dream a completely different life. Different memories, different everything. I had a different mom and dad different school place and was taing to different friends and had a different face and when I woke up I cried, because the woman I loved in that dream didnt exist.

The only part I remember was her dancing in slow motion with the sunrays that came out of some opening coming from above near the lockers.

I was really really sad and felt miserable that week :(

I dont remember anything else. I feel like if I have betrayed a life that was never mine, and in a way, the most mine any life can be.

To this day I feel in any second I could wake up. I guess it changed my life and outlook of what is really real.

It is sad I must say :(

idav

Being
Premium Member
Hey me myself, that is something perplexing how dreams can be so real and how the reality of the dream is engrained as if you've lived that dream life for years.

My dreams were much more vivid in my very early years. I remember one peculiar dream when I was in my elementary years. I remember being lost wandering around some train tracks and there was a girl who helped me out. There was an instant connection and we hung out and I remember her taking me on to one of the empty trains. One strange thing I remember is there was no talking cause we could just look at eachother and understand. I woke up hoping to see that dream face again but alas just a dream.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have a crush on Burt Reynolds playing Lewis Medlock in Deliverance and Sigourney Weaver in Alien. Not proud of it but let me just put it out there to be honest :D. I have had VIVID dreams of doing the unspeakable to both.

The thing about fictional people is there are always perfect like you actually desire them. In my dreams this is no different.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yeah, I did have a dream about a long haired brunette lover (probably several dreams). It was very real and vivid.

Concerning fictional characters. I don't think I felt genuine Romantic love for female characters, but when I was younger I definitely dived into the books and saw my self living in their world.
My childhood book was Michael Ende's The Neverending Story. For those who know the book, I saw myself as being a close friend of Atreyu, and felt strong empathy for Bastian as he was making a transition from a lonely and bullied boy to a key character. Funny how kids can easily shift between the real world and fantasy.

Now that I am an adult and much more mature, I simply think I am a Fremen :D

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I often find myself having an overwhelming sense of fondness for the characters in my dreams.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It happened to me once, though i'm not sure i'd describe it as love. It was a long dream where i was essentially just hanging out with this extremely calm girl who looked a little bit like Maggie Q, and everything was just beautiful.

What was happening was that we were in the first phase of a relationship, getting to know each other. We were doing very little, like, mostly just sitting next to each other, but it was wonderful. When i woke up, i was extremely disappointed.

Despite being sad though, i did appreciate how wonderful i've felt.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
My dreams are Horrible. 30% ghosts, 40% paranormal types, 10% animals mostly lion and snakes and rest are violent. However I saw dream of a girl (whom I don't know) 3 times. However I don't think it is love but just something nice.

First time was 5 years ago. A horrible person was trying to kill me. That person was immortal. Than this girl told me solution. She told me to go to cremation ground and pluck the white flowers and that will help me to defeat him. She even left me their and than lost in the ground.

Second time was in a marriage ceremony, It was night time. She came to marriage. She sat on a roof top. It was hard for me to climb there but somehow I did. We sat their quietly, after sometime she said that she must go now and she left.
Third time when I was trapped in a Village, that villages was in hilly area and covered with dense forest. Villagers advised me not to go on north side of village. However their were two ways that leads to north of village, both ways ended at same destination. I decided to explore the area. At night I asked my friends to go with me. The joined me. They choosed the first way however I took the dense way,that way was filled with lions. A lion started chasing me. Somehow I climbed in a mountain, there was an old hut, the hut was hunted and I heard some crying and laughing simultaneously. I left the place quickly and tried to find my friends. Soon I found them. They were sitting under other hut similar to that. But suddenly the same girl appeared and told me to leave this hut as this hut was also hunted and than she disappeared. But than something worst happened. All my friends changed into something that looks horrible. They told us that it was they who brought me here as my friends never even came here and than I started to escape the hut.

Fourth time was this year, and this time too the situation was not very gud.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Anytime I write a story I always fall in love with at least a few of the characters.

Or if not fall in love, at least get really attached. I've spent whole mornings walking around depressed because one of the characters in one of my stories got killed, even though I'm the one who made that happen. :p

Maybe I should save the rest for my shrink.

Aquitaine

Falling in love with a fictional being?

Yeah, Bruce Wayne.

You mean BatWayne.... uhh I mean BruceMan... :facepalm:

Hehe - always reminds me of this:

IkB6w.jpg

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Most of my girlfriends turned out to be fictional characters.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
What was happening was that we were in the first phase of a relationship, getting to know each other. We were doing very little, like, mostly just sitting next to each other, but it was wonderful. When i woke up, i was extremely disappointed.

Imagine how she felt about it. :yes:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Anytime I write a story I always fall in love with at least a few of the characters.

Or if not fall in love, at least get really attached. I've spent whole mornings walking around depressed because one of the characters in one of my stories got killed, even though I'm the one who made that happen. :p

Maybe I should save the rest for my shrink.

I can relate to getting attached to characters. I had to really watch it. There started to be a certain sameness to key characters in some of what I was writing.

But in my case, it was platonic. They were male characters, and I think I was projecting too much of my personality into them.

If you like, we can set up a couch for you, and send you an invoice?

When I was just a munchkin I would have crushes on characters from cartoons I saw on television.

I do recall having at least one dream where I was very fond of someone within the dream, to the point where I'd miss them upon waking.

The thing that really blows my mind is real-life synchronicities that point to fictional characters that have been on my mind after seeing them in a film that made an impression on me. Sort of makes me wonder if the 'fictional realism' theory has anything to it (but that's another thread). :)

It was almost thraumatic and it changed me.

I have said it in RF before.

I was little, maybe 14. I dream a completely different life. Different memories, different everything. I had a different mom and dad different school place and was taing to different friends and had a different face and when I woke up I cried, because the woman I loved in that dream didnt exist.

The only part I remember was her dancing in slow motion with the sunrays that came out of some opening coming from above near the lockers.

I was really really sad and felt miserable that week :(

I dont remember anything else. I feel like if I have betrayed a life that was never mine, and in a way, the most mine any life can be.

To this day I feel in any second I could wake up. I guess it changed my life and outlook of what is really real.

It is sad I must say :(
Me Myself, that is such a touching story. :( ((hugs)) I don't know if it's any consolation, and this is just speculation, but there could be dimensions in our existence that allow for such dreams to perhaps be reality on another plane. Especially if the dream is that detailed, elaborate, and vivid. Again, just speculating, somewhat based on a sort of multiverse concept ....