• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fahrenheit 9/11

Rex

Founder
What do you think about it, your review?

They won't even show it my area, I live in the bible belt...

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I'm going to see in on the 11th with a group from church. I'll let you know what I thought about it then. I can't wait!

Rex

Founder
Im going out of town tomorrow so I might go see it.

I just watched the trailer online.. Looks quite interesting, but I already know of most of the stuff they are trying to say.

Although I would like to see the movie, I do not want to support that kind of propoganda. If some right-wing nut tried to peddle propoganda, I would not want to pay for that either.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Well, I was supposed to go see it this weekend with the Social Justice committee from church, but I didn't have any to watch the kids so I couldn't go, bummer. But I still want to see it soon.

I recently saw Fahrenheit 9/11 and I urge everyone....whether you are a Bush supporter or a Michael Moore fan. Although it is very clear that Mr. Moore would like nothing better than to see Bush lose his re-election, most of the information presented in film has been substantiated as fact and does raise alot of disturbing questions not just about Mr. Bush but also Congress.

I believe that most Americans can view this movie and clearly distinguish between the portions which seem to be outright propaganda or anti-Bush rhetoric and those undeniable facts which are presented. I found the film very disturbing.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
ya i saw it, with my momsy.

it was okay. no doubt about it, somethings are perhaps made up my mr. moore.

i found it ridiculous when he asked if senetor's children would join the army. of course not! its common sense, its the child's choice to join the army, not their parents. though moore was asking if they had an inclination, he made it obvious there isnt.

bush will get re-elected. ya, i think both bush and kerry are nuts but he will get re-elected. pfft. just 4 more years.

it was sad the way the mother talked of her dead son. it made me wonder if going into iraq was justified.

I know that a huge consensus is that people don't want to give money to good ol' Michael, but regardless of his intentions and what hes trying to sell, the film makes you think not just about what in the film is true, but about everything we've been hearing over the past 3 years and whether or not that's all true.

Gerani, the armed forces isn't free scholarship. If that mother didn't want her son going to war then she shouldn't have encouraged him to enlist. Everyone in that town was seeing the army as an opportunity to pay for their education and it all seemed like a good idea until they actually had to go to war. They bit off more than they could chew. I'm sorry her son died, but the government can't be blamed for sending him to war. If he signed up then the gov is supposed to send him.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
Nga_Believe said:
I know that a huge consensus is that people don't want to give money to good ol' Michael, but regardless of his intentions and what hes trying to sell, the film makes you think not just about what in the film is true, but about everything we've been hearing over the past 3 years and whether or not that's all true.

Gerani, the armed forces isn't free scholarship. If that mother didn't want her son going to war then she shouldn't have encouraged him to enlist. Everyone in that town was seeing the army as an opportunity to pay for their education and it all seemed like a good idea until they actually had to go to war. They bit off more than they could chew. I'm sorry her son died, but the government can't be blamed for sending him to war. If he signed up then the gov is supposed to send him.

i never said it was free. i only said the decisions that bush made appalled and baffled me.