• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extraterrestrial UFOs: Yes? No? Maybe?

Extraterrestrial UFOs

• I believe they exist

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I don't believe they exist

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Eh, Maybe

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It seems that most ufo observations are in areas where there are electromagnetic disturbances, ancient geoglyphs, and monoliths. As well as around nuclear weapon facilities.

Does that mean they are local atmospheric phenomena or aliens are interested in power generation and history?

Welcome to RF. Sit down, relax and enjoy the ride. The staff canteen will be open later for the usual saturday night orgy nosh up, in the meantime enjoy a slice of cake or few.

3291372281_d72ef5e24f_b.jpg

zodal

To some, the electromagnetic disturbances could be caused by gateways, like wormholes, that lead to other parts of the universe or other dimensions

Heyo

Veteran Member
To some, the electromagnetic disturbances could be caused by gateways, like wormholes, that lead to other parts of the universe or other dimensions
Or it is the other way around. The electromagnetic disturbances caused the hallucinations of extraterrestrial UFOs. (Transcranial stimulation)

zodal

It's plausible, but still a wait and see situation as it stands. I think it's more than likely we will come across microbial life before alien visitation.
Future space missions are planned for the moon Europa hoping to explore under the ice cap and see if there's life.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I watched several programs this evening titled, "UFOS: Uncovering the Truth." One episode, "Deathbed Confessions," dealt with government employees who in their last days confessed to UFO evidence they were sworn not to reveal. Another episode dealt with astronauts and pilots who who encountered UFOs; UFOs that did not appear to have an earthly origin, or were optical illusions. The last episode, "Ancient UFO landings" was about evidence of the possibility that extraterrestrials visited Earth years ago and passed along advanced technologies. Looking up the series online I see there are five episodes in all.

So far the presented evidence is quite compelling; however, given that no other planet in the solar system except Earth is currently capable of sustaining life, and the distance to the closest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.24 light years away, I find the idea of extraterrestrials visiting Earth pretty ludicrous.

What do you think?

I don't really believe in them, but I kinda wish they did exist. I'm sure there's alien life elsewhere, possibly even intelligent, advanced civilisation alien life. I very much doubt it's sneaking around our skies abducting people but not making formal contact though.

zodal

While anything is possible, the best explanations I've heard for not having been visited by aliens is that space is far too big for any interstellar travel to be feasible or practical. Even if that hurdle is overcome and FTL travel is achieved, where ya gonna go and what ya gonna do when ya get there?

Even if we find a planet capable of supporting life, there's no guarantee it can support our life. Our life evolved and adapted to live here on Earth. We might find another planet with life on it, which would support life which evolved there - but it could still be poisonous or otherwise uninhabitable for any Earth-based species. And our planet could be just as poisonous to any alien forms of life from another planet.
Ancient encounters depict aliens with helmets on their heads

zodal

I can suggest a few possible reasons.
1. Alien visitors are here to examine us objectively, if they revealed themselves this would invalidate their scientific objectivity.
2. Alien visitors have a covert agreement with certain bodies/agencies of government not to openly reveal themselves, as part of some clandestine arrangement.
3. Alien visitors are here for unknown reasons of their own which may have little to do with us directly, we not being the subject of interest.
4. Alien visitors do not wish to engage with our governments and will only communicate with a single global executive, that represents all humans.
5. Alien visitors have an agreement amongst themselves and possibly other space faring species that strictly prohibits interference in the development of emerging civilizations.
6. Alien visitors are here to monitor other alien species also here.
7. Alien visitors are planning a surprise invasion and are acting covertly in order to maintain shock value.
8. A combination of two or more of the above reasons.

I think 1 is the most rational.
If aliens wanted to invade earth they would do so a long time ago. More like Star Trek Prime Directive: No interfering in the normal development of a society.

zodal

Technologically advanced==visitation to earth. Thats the theory.
The way ancient monuments, that are 5,000 years or more, were made around the world, it required knowledge of mathematics, engineering, architecture as well as astronomy. Plus when you have stone structures that weight up to 1000 tons by societies that supposedly didn't have the notion of the wheel or pullies is to wonder how intelligent they actually were.

zodal

There might as well be - but it will not be the UFO flying, anal probing, cattle mutilating kind.
Well the first question is "Is their life other than on Earth?" After that can the James Webb telescope be able to detect the atmosphere of other planets that can sustain life like Earth?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Well the first question is "Is their life other than on Earth?" After that can the James Webb telescope be able to detect the atmosphere of other planets that can sustain life like Earth?
The answer to the first question is: most likely but we have no real indicator for that hypothesis.
The second answer is: yes, James Webb is set up to be able to spectroscopically analyse atmospheres of extra solar planets. And detecting an earth like atmosphere is an almost sure sign of life. Earth wouldn't have an oxygen rich atmosphere if it weren't for photosynticising plant life.

zodal

Scientists have detailed maps of the Moon and Mars than that of Earth's oceans. 90% is still undiscovered.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I used to do amateur astronomy and saw some weird **** up there, objects making impossible changes of trajectory and speed. Definitely not satellites (they travel in a straight line), and definitely not planes (they move quite slowly and can't do sudden right angle turns). I still have no idea what they were.
Maybe probes of some kind?

Given that there are bilions of galaxies, each with billions of solar systems, I have no doubt there are advanced civilisations out there. The biggest obstacle to travel is the sheer size of the universe.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I watched several programs this evening titled, "UFOS: Uncovering the Truth." One episode, "Deathbed Confessions," dealt with government employees who in their last days confessed to UFO evidence they were sworn not to reveal. Another episode dealt with astronauts and pilots who who encountered UFOs; UFOs that did not appear to have an earthly origin, or were optical illusions. The last episode, "Ancient UFO landings" was about evidence of the possibility that extraterrestrials visited Earth years ago and passed along advanced technologies. Looking up the series online I see there are five episodes in all.

So far the presented evidence is quite compelling; however, given that no other planet in the solar system except Earth is currently capable of sustaining life, and the distance to the closest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.24 light years away, I find the idea of extraterrestrials visiting Earth pretty ludicrous.

What do you think?

Most of this is not reliable., but yes there are relatively well documented sightings of UFOs. I consider the military the most reliable with recordings of UFOs.

I lived North of Morgantown, WV in the 1970s on a long sloping large hill facing Pittsburgh. You could see the lights of Pittsburgh on the horizon. My wife and I watch some UFO's for some time. Airline pilots saw the same UFOs.

Last edited: