• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extraterrestrial UFOs: Yes? No? Maybe?

Extraterrestrial UFOs

• I believe they exist

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I don't believe they exist

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Eh, Maybe

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
I watched several programs this evening titled, "UFOS: Uncovering the Truth." One episode, "Deathbed Confessions," dealt with government employees who in their last days confessed to UFO evidence they were sworn not to reveal. Another episode dealt with astronauts and pilots who who encountered UFOs; UFOs that did not appear to have an earthly origin, or were optical illusions. The last episode, "Ancient UFO landings" was about evidence of the possibility that extraterrestrials visited Earth years ago and passed along advanced technologies. Looking up the series online I see there are five episodes in all.

So far the presented evidence is quite compelling; however, given that no other planet in the solar system except Earth is currently capable of sustaining life, and the distance to the closest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.24 light years away, I find the idea of extraterrestrials visiting Earth pretty ludicrous.

What do you think?

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I find it hard to devise a scenario in which extraterrestrials have the technology for interstellar flight, are happy to expend their resources on frequent and repeated trips to earth, wish to avoid contact, yet aren't smart enough to avoid being seen again and again and again.

So I'd be very surprised if any of our UFOs are extraterrestrials. But deeply fascinated at the same time.

I find the idea of extraterrestrials visiting Earth pretty ludicrous.

Especially if such super advanced creatures fly halfway across the universe just to stick a probe up some yokel's arse and turn a couple of cows inside out :D

More seriously, is them turning up then just hovering about for 25 seconds before zooming off at warp speed that much more unbelievable?

I believe there must be life on other planets on balance of probabilities, but that BOP doesn't extend to that life visiting earth of all places, and especially not doing so incognito. So, I agree with you and that it is more likely UFOs are better explained by other phenomena rather than :rocket::alien::alien::alien::alien::rocket:

The Holy Bottom Burp

I remember sitting down to watch a UFO documentary many years ago, expecting to have a good laugh at the tin foil hat brigade with their weird and wacky claims, but instead this British pilot featured; a credible eye witness.
It is harder to dismiss such claims as fabrication or hallucination, especially since there was radar evidence to back it up as something real.

However, ultimately such events have to go down as an "unknown", even if it is established beyond any reasonable doubt that this was an event in reality. An extra terrestrial space ship is NOT the only possible explanation, it is a bit like the "god of the gaps" argument. I have to agree with blu 2, it seems a bit daft that these aliens are buzzing about our skies in their hyper advanced space ships, but every now and then the pilots accidentally press the "de-cloak" button! They are such teases! Come and say hello my little green friends!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've read that the B2 stealth bomber was often mistaken for an alien craft during early test flights until it was declassified and publicly unveiled. I wonder how often what we see isn't just experimental test aircraft. Another example is that there were multiple sightings of UFOs that were described as silent black triangles that hovered in place, which look very similar to a stealth blimp concept that was published during the 90's.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've read that the B2 stealth bomber was often mistaken for an alien craft during early test flights until it was declassified and publicly unveiled. I wonder how often what we see isn't just experimental test aircraft. Another example is that there were multiple sightings of UFOs that were described as silent black triangles that hovered in place, which look very similar to a stealth blimp concept that was published during the 90's.
Being that we have flight and the capability for space travel,. that would be my first thought too.

Onyx

Premium Member
I don't believe UFO's exist beyond governments testing new and weird aircraft, or creating illusions. Since the vast distances involved throw such a huge wrench into the idea of interstellar travel, I voted no.

I could spray glow-in-the-dark paint on a Frisbee or boomerang and probably convince 10,000 people on YouTube that it was a real UFO.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
The Qur'an tells us:

God it is who has created seven heavens, and similar number of earths, The commandments comes down among them slowly,
that you may know that God is Able to do all things, And that God surrounds all things in knowledge. Qur'an 65:12

Among His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and all the living creatures He has dispersed throughout them: He has the power to gather them all together whenever He will. Qur'an 42:29

We are told of creation that have the ability to move between dimensions, able to use wormholes, and travel at incredible speeds. They also communicate with some amongst mankind.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I'm sure there is life in the universe but I don't believe it can travel the distances necessary. At best a rover type vehicle would have landed first. No intelligent species is going to travel that distance without knowing for sure.

The Holy Bottom Burp

I'm sure there is life in the universe but I don't believe it can travel the distances necessary. At best a rover type vehicle would have landed first. No intelligent species is going to travel that distance without knowing for sure.
Aren't you assuming an awful lot with that though? Just because our technology is not capable does it mean the technology of another advanced species is not capable? Come to that, if intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, who says they need a space ship to travel anyway? Maybe they have developed transporters Star Trek style, or maybe they have mastered very distant "remote viewing"?
OK, I'm not being serious about those suggestions, but I do think we assume too much about other possible life forms, we project ourselves on to them. Hence aliens are inevitably humanoid, and they need metal ships with which to fly or transport themselves through space. There could be intelligent life that can move through "space" without the use of a ship at all, because it has evolved to exist in those conditions. I'm not proffering that as a likely suggestion, just making the point that we have a habit of anthropomorphising other possible life forms.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Aren't you assuming an awful lot with that though? Just because our technology is not capable does it mean the technology of another advanced species is not capable? Come to that, if intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, who says they need a space ship to travel anyway? Maybe they have developed transporters Star Trek style, or maybe they have mastered very distant "remote viewing"?
OK, I'm not being serious about those suggestions, but I do think we assume too much about other possible life forms, we project ourselves on to them. Hence aliens are inevitably humanoid, and they need metal ships with which to fly or transport themselves through space. There could be intelligent life that can move through "space" without the use of a ship at all, because it has evolved to exist in those conditions. I'm not proffering that as a likely suggestion, just making the point that we have a habit of anthropomorphising other possible life forms.

When you travel to another country do you just go there blindly or do you check a travel website for shots you might need and places you shouldn't go and things you shouldn't do. Now you are going to travel to another planet light years away, if you were super intelligent wouldn't you send a non-life form first to investigate, to make sure you had all the variables to keep yourself alive.

The Holy Bottom Burp

When you travel to another country do you just go there blindly or do you check a travel website for shots you might need and places you shouldn't go and things you shouldn't do. Now you are going to travel to another planet light years away, if you were super intelligent wouldn't you send a non-life form first to investigate, to make sure you had all the variables to keep yourself alive.
Sure, but that wasn't the point I was making, I was saying we tend to assume that other life will be limited in the same way we are limited. We, with our limited knowledge of other planets, have the technology to discern the likely make up of the atmosphere of other planets without actually flying there. So maybe our 'alien friends' can find out everything they want to know about our planet before setting forth?
If they are visiting us in their space ships, I do think it is very rude of them not to get out and say hello to the natives!:D

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Sure, but that wasn't the point I was making, I was saying we tend to assume that other life will be limited in the same way we are limited. We, with our limited knowledge of other planets, have the technology to discern the likely make up of the atmosphere of other planets without actually flying there. So maybe our 'alien friends' can find out everything they want to know about our planet before setting forth?
If they are visiting us in their space ships, I do think it is very rude of them not to get out and say hello to the natives!:D

Our technology is limited but how about our science. Can anything travel faster than light? With the nearest planet according to the op 4.24 light years away. That means your in the transporter beam for quite a long time. Even in Star Trek they were directly above the planet when they used the beam. If you used a rover type vehicle to explore, you are still talking 4.24 years before communications say to change course.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Our technology is limited but how about our science. Can anything travel faster than light? With the nearest planet according to the op 4.24 light years away. That means your in the transporter beam for quite a long time. Even in Star Trek they were directly above the planet when they used the beam. If you used a rover type vehicle to explore, you are still talking 4.24 years before communications say to change course.
Come now Bob, where is your imagination? They are using worm holes to travel the distance in no time, and they don't even need radios to communicate because they are telepathic. It only takes as long as a thought from them to communicate across vast distances. Alternatively they might be using transporter beams with a turbo fitted. Don'tcha know anything?:p

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Come now Bob, where is your imagination? They are using worm holes to travel the distance in no time, and they don't even need radios to communicate because they are telepathic. It only takes as long as a thought from them to communicate across vast distances. Alternatively they might be using transporter beams with a turbo fitted. Don'tcha know anything?:p

If I imagine then I know everything. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
There are approximately 40 billion earth like planets in habitable zones, around main sequence stars, in this galaxy alone. There are over 2 trillion galaxies in the universe, according to latest estimations. Given that the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the universe, it is logical to postulate that the probability that Earth is the only planet in the universe to have evolved life, is practically zero.

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
Aliens visiting here in vehicles is another matter, and far less likely. However it is certainly not impossible, theoretically, to traverse large distances of space.