• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exorcism

No Good Boyo

engineering prostitute
I often take exercise and I'm fond of most spirits, particularly vodka. But I guess that's not much help to you

St Giordano Bruno

I had experimented with vodka as a teenager and I did feel it made my head spin like nothing else, because I sculled down so much of the stuff I really did feel my head was spinning like the child on the exorcist scene as I was staggering accross the room.

Jenegospelsinger

Gods Servant
I believe in Spirits and the Afterlife and along with Exorcisms...The church I am a member does Exorcisms if they need to do it. But My church does a lot of healing and lay on hands and speaking in Tongues and Prophecies.

Renji

I believe in Spirits and the Afterlife and along with Exorcisms...The church I am a member does Exorcisms if they need to do it. But My church does a lot of healing and lay on hands and speaking in Tongues and Prophecies.

So does the RC church, well, except for speaking in tongues / prophecies I guess..
:yes::yes:

Wombat

Does anyone here get involved in stuff like casting out demons, spirits or whatever?

Yes.
In thirty years of working in the Welfare Sector I have come across three individuals who, because of their diagnosed mental illness, have been subjected to Exorcisms by their Church group/faith community.
To take someone , mentally ill or otherwise, and subject them to the Medieval, barbaric, stupidly superstitious and outright abusive practice of Exorcism is EVIL.
The damage done, the scars upon an individuals psyche and ability to trust, once they have been so betrayed and abused by an ostensibly spiritual/caring community last for decades.
Anyone advocating such a practice should be referred to a competent Mental Health professional.
Anyone who resides in or is involved with a faith community advocating such a practice should FLEE FROM IT and immediately report the groups activities to the authorities.
Any group conducting such practice should be subject to the full weight of the law...and disbanded.

Most professional exorcists don't get involved until all these options have been discussed and ruled out. For instance, you have someone behaving like a madman. He has been diagnosed several times and treated to no avail. At that point, it's entirely reasonable to think of alternatives such as exorcism.

OTOH, exorcism is usually -- admitting the presence, even prevalence, of hacks posing as real exorcists -- non-invasive. If the exorcism is performed and there are no results, that can further confirm that the problem is chemical or biological, not spiritual.

IOW, whether exorcism is legitimate or not, there seems little problem with trying it.

Although I've never had an exorcism performed or been present when one was, I have had a priest come to my new digs to bless them. The house was thereby sanctified to God and His use. Has that prevented some satanic tomfoolery? I don't know. But I don't see how I was harmed by the blessing.

The reasonable alternatives are that the person has been misdiagnosed or that their particular condition is currently untreatable.

Wombat

How do you 'Exorcise' these deamons?-

In many third world countries Multinational corperations manufacturing Hi Tech/Electronics establish factories to take advantage of cheap labour. In many of these factories (sterile/dust free environments-white overalls, hair caps, shoe slippers) the prefered workforce is young and female with good eyesight and nimble fingers to do delicate soldering and assembly work. These young girls are bussed in from villages that don't even have running water or electricity...nor are the girls educated. Quite frequently the sterile/alien environment freaks one of the girls out, she believes she is 'posessed' and this 'spirit posession' can sweep through the entire workforce.

Management solution is to fire them all and buss in new workers.
Spirits and the Multinational Corporation in Malaysia.
CiteULike: The Production of Possession: Spirits and the Multinational Corporation in Malaysia

Now tell me folks....Which is the more real and pressing spiritual issue and responsibility?
Evil spirits for which we have ZERO evidence and a long history of harmful Exorcisms...
Or Evil Corperations with ZERO appreciation of the human spirit-the need for basic education, training and conditions and the basic human right to not be treated like factory fodder animals?

If you want Exorcisms look to the Demons who run such Multinational corperations who do such real evil.

Last edited:

dolly

OTOH, exorcism is usually -- admitting the presence, even prevalence, of hacks posing as real exorcists -- non-invasive.

Why would you think that? Evidence seems to show that exorcism can be quite violent. Have you not heard of the exorcisms in the Congo, Nigeria, etc of the witch children? Child ex
orcisms are EXTREMELY common there, and almost all cases involve severe child abuse. Hell, just taking all of those cases into account, I think it would be safe to saw that dangerous exorcisms qualify for at least half of all exorcisms performed (worldwide) in the last decade.

Here are a just a few from the past two decades (not including the witch children ones). Lovely.

Attempted exorcism ends in man
Inclusion Daily Express -- Preacher Guilty In Boy's Exorcism Death
14-year-old nearly died in exorcism | Stuff.co.nz
Mother Drowned Daughter, 4, In Exorcism Rite, Police Say - NYTimes.com
The Watchman Expositor: Woman Beaten to Death in Exorcism
Woman Wounded by Crucifixes in Exorcism - NYTimes.com
Human torch dad devastated by daughter
Supreme Court upholds death penalty for 'exorcist' over deaths of 6 › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion
3 young men beat mother to death in exorcism ritual - Times Of India
Exorcism Abuse Case May Reach Supreme Court | NBC Bay Area
Mom fatally slashes daughter she thought was possessed by the devil
UPDATE: Couple Bit Child More Than 20 Times in Fatal Exorcism
Autopsy shows suffocation in exorcism death
Mother strangled son 'to cast out demons' - The Scotsman | HighBeam Research - FREE trial
Ex-Monk Gets 7 Years For Botched Exorcism - CBS News
CNN.com - Transcripts
Occult murder: Man said sex would exorcise demons | Stuff.co.nz
Herbal wine blamed for six deaths at Vietnamese exorcism | Earth Times News
Girl beaten and burnt in exorcism ritualhttp://cloudwalker.newsvine.com/_ne...o-get-demons-out-of-her-allegedly-?threadId=0

Other recent victims:
Joan Vollmer, Breean Spickard, Louise Lardjourne, Kyung Jae Chung, Carolyn Shea, Faranah Essop, Sommai Chaipanya, Farida Patel, Dane Gibson, Charity Miranda-Martin, Kira Canhoto, Amy Burney, Mary Odegbami, Latifa Hatchmi, Cheung Kiu Ho,

Those are just a few.

Wombat

Why would you think that? Evidence seems to show that exorcism can be quite violent. Have you not heard of the exorcisms in the Congo, Nigeria, etc of the witch children? Child exorcisms are EXTREMELY common there, and almost all cases involve severe child abuse. Hell, just taking all of those cases into account, I think it would be safe to saw that dangerous exorcisms qualify for at least half of all exorcisms performed (worldwide) in the last decade.

Here are a just a few from the past two decades (not including the witch children ones). Lovely.

Attempted exorcism ends in man
Inclusion Daily Express -- Preacher Guilty In Boy's Exorcism Death
14-year-old nearly died in exorcism | Stuff.co.nz
Mother Drowned Daughter, 4, In Exorcism Rite, Police Say - NYTimes.com
The Watchman Expositor: Woman Beaten to Death in Exorcism
Woman Wounded by Crucifixes in Exorcism - NYTimes.com
Human torch dad devastated by daughter
Supreme Court upholds death penalty for 'exorcist' over deaths of 6 › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion
3 young men beat mother to death in exorcism ritual - Times Of India
Exorcism Abuse Case May Reach Supreme Court | NBC Bay Area
Mom fatally slashes daughter she thought was possessed by the devil
UPDATE: Couple Bit Child More Than 20 Times in Fatal Exorcism
Autopsy shows suffocation in exorcism death
Mother strangled son 'to cast out demons' - The Scotsman | HighBeam Research - FREE trial
Ex-Monk Gets 7 Years For Botched Exorcism - CBS News
CNN.com - Transcripts
Occult murder: Man said sex would exorcise demons | Stuff.co.nz
Herbal wine blamed for six deaths at Vietnamese exorcism | Earth Times News
Girl beaten and burnt in exorcism ritual

Other recent victims:
Joan Vollmer, Breean Spickard, Louise Lardjourne, Kyung Jae Chung, Carolyn Shea, Faranah Essop, Sommai Chaipanya, Farida Patel, Dane Gibson, Charity Miranda-Martin, Kira Canhoto, Amy Burney, Mary Odegbami, Latifa Hatchmi, Cheung Kiu Ho,

Those are just a few.

Excellent post.:bow:
Can’t thank you enough.
Exorcism is a vile and dangerous practice.
If folk want to lay hands a pray for the healing of others- great, go for it.
But as soon as people move into the realm of- “This person is possessed or under the influence of evil spirits and needs to be exorcised”...>NO<...that is seriously dangerous loony tune territory.
As your post so eloquently points out there are more than enough victims of this horrid damaging archaic and often deadly practice to warrant it being deemed illegal.

Boy, 4, dies during exorcism of evil spirits

Boy, 4, dies during exorcism of evil spirits | thetelegraph.com.au

Article: NSW: Mother held over exorcism death of young boy

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-21965132.html

NZ family accused over exorcism death

NZ family accused over exorcism death

Parents 'killed daughter in violent exorcism'

Parents 'killed daughter in violent exorcism' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)