• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolutionest I need help

dance-above

I need the history of the basic species that have appeared on earth and their order. Like plant life, dinosours,the earth became voidish, monkeys, humans. Are we the human the last to appear. Then compare this to the creation event wrote by Moses.How could he have known the order of things scientist are just now discovering.:)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Moses wrote Genesis?

I suppose if you want help from people who understand the theory of evolution, the first thing to do might be to drop the term "evolutionist," which really is a misnomer.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I need the history of the basic species that have appeared on earth and their order. Like plant life, dinosours,the earth became voidish, monkeys, humans. Are we the human the last to appear. Then compare this to the creation event wrote by Moses.How could he have known the order of things scientist are just now discovering.:)
wikipedia

The basic timeline is a 4.6 billion year old Earth, with (very approximately):

Orthodox

Born again apostate
The argument that the order in which life has arisen on earth is detailed in the days of genesis account of creation puzzles me for a number of reasons.

1. It is often lovingly deployed by the same young earth creationists who don't believe in the truth of the scientific dating techniques that have established the order in the first place. (This may or may not apply to you dance-above)

2. The genesis account makes no mention of dinosaurs, marsupials, bacteria, viruses, or any other type of life that you wouldn't expect a middle-eastern cleric to know about.

3. The genesis account actually gives a horribly incorrect order. Take, for example, grass. Grass only evolved at the end of the Mesozoic Era, 65 million years ago (MYA). The biblical account introduces grass on the third day, before any animals had yet been created.

The problem here is obvious - the genesis order does not stack up against the evolutionary account. Creationists will retreat to the position that the dating of the fossil record is wrong and there are obviously many reasons for why this claim is bogus. My favourite though has to do with grass again. because grass evolved on relatively recently (65MYA as I said above) it is not found in any of the fossil layers from before that time. Which means with none of the more than 70% of all species that lived before 65mya either. Creationists (who usually believe that fossil layers were laid down during "the flood") now have to explain how not one single blade of grass managed to be fossilised in the lowers layers. They often claim for animals (like horses etc.) that they ALL avoided being fossilised in lower levels because they ALL ran to higher ground and were covered by mud and silt there. This excuse doesn't work for grass since grass can't run away :)

Random

What is an "Evolutionest"? Is that like an evolutionist who makes frequent typos? :flirt:

Zeno

Im really just kidding for the moment.
Theres alot of great websites that expain both positions.
And really there's nothing I can bring up that hasn't been brought up before. I was just stirring the pot.:)

Refute every point made here (with cited references), and then feel free to stir the pot all you like.

LoganMacDonald

Im sorry to tell you this, but that can't be done, as you can see. Hopefully you will soon find out that it was God that created the earth and the species on earth. We are not evolution's greatest achievement. How can we have food that fuels our bodies here on earth and there not be a mastermind behind all of it? Seek God and you will not regret it.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Im sorry to tell you this, but that can't be done, as you can see. Hopefully you will soon find out that it was God that created the earth and the species on earth. We are not evolution's greatest achievement. How can we have food that fuels our bodies here on earth and there not be a mastermind behind all of it? Seek God and you will not regret it.
Please tattoo the following sentence on the palm of your hand, and refer to it whenever you feel tempted to post this:

EVOLUTION IS NOT THE THEORY THAT THERE IS NO GOD.

If you have trouble grasping this point, I can explain it in more detail.