• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution "vs." creationism, summarized in 10 minutes

CarlinKnew

Lawrence Krauss makes a fool out of Michael Behe in 2005. This is a beautiful summary of the entire EvC "debate": YouTube - Lawrence Krauss and Michael Behe debate

This whole EvC "controversy" should have ended years ago. Arguing with creationists only gives credence to their ridiculous position; that's why Dawkins refuses to participate in a formal EvC debate. Creationism should either be mocked or ignored, not dignified by attempts at reasonable conversation.

Man of Faith

Then all evolutionists should leave this forum and I can discuss creationism with myself. I have never lost an argument with myself, IMO.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Lawrence Krauss makes a fool out of Michael Behe in 2005. This is a beautiful summary of the entire EvC "debate": YouTube - Lawrence Krauss and Michael Behe debate

This whole EvC "controversy" should have ended years ago. Arguing with creationists only gives credence to their ridiculous position; that's why Dawkins refuses to participate in a formal EvC debate. Creationism should either be mocked or ignored, not dignified by attempts at reasonable conversation.

I watched the video and I agree with it and I agree with you....but man, I just like to debate....:).....

Am I wrong....:confused:

Man of Faith

The OP validates the movie Expelled where any discussion against the ToE is to be shut down hard. That is not how science works. If someone beings up a good point against the ToE it should be discussed.

Last edited:

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
People have been bringing up good points against it since its inception. That's why no biology class uses On the Origin of Species as a textbook: we now know that it wasn't completely accurate.

Repeating things you read on your creationist blog that a quick trip to TalkOrigins can show you aren't accurate is not "bringing up good points".

Tristesse

The OP validates the movie Expelled where the any discussion against the ToE is to be shut down hard. That is not how science works. If someone beings up a good point against the ToE it should be discussed.

What discussion against TOE? All the questions that are brought up are answered and then some. So, please elaborate. What questions that aren't answered. Remember, we're talking about evolution, not abiogenesis or the big bang, those are separate theories.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
If someone beings up a good point against the ToE it should be discussed.

As is done continually in biology. It is called falsifiability. A crucial element in any scientific methodology.

What I would like to see is a formal debate offering up the scientific evidence FOR creationism. (Not holding my breath.)