• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution taken on Faith

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Which books have you read about the theory of evolution, Pegg? Or, in case you haven't read any, which biologist(s) have you listened to for information on the subject?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Science is based on 'observable and demonstrable evidence. But evolution is not based on such evidence....it requires faith - blind faith at that.

What have been the most influential three or four books you've read on evolution, Pegg? Serious question.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Which books have you read about the theory of evolution, Pegg? Or, in case you haven't read any, which biologist(s) have you listened to for information on the subject?

the biologists interviewed in this video have studied the subject. The point is that science is supposed to be based on 'observable' evidence. All of them admit that you can't observe evolution happening.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Jinx. I didn't see till now you were asking pretty much the same question.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
the biologists interviewed in this video have studied the subject. The point is that science is supposed to be based on 'observable' evidence. All of them admit that you can't observe evolution happening.

Which three or four books on evolution have most influenced your own thinking on the subject, Pegg. Please don't dodge again. It makes you look dishonest.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking where you have gotten your information about evolution from; surely the single video in the OP is not really your only source of information on the theory. What are your other sources?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking where you have gotten your information about evolution from; surely the single video in the OP is not really your only source of information on the theory. What are your other sources?

so no comment on the interviews?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'd bet money the people in the video portrayed as science students are either in the bottom of their classes academically or are actually actors merely pretending to be science students. Those are some pretty dumb students, when it comes to science. Strangely enough, they don't know any more about evolution than you do, Pegg.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
so no comment on the interviews?

It wouldn't be possible to tell how useful anything that might be posted here would be without first knowing whether or not you have done any reading or research on the subject of the thread. And quite frankly, your avoidance of the question I asked makes me not hold my breath for a productive, informed discussion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have one. It is impressive what can be done with selective editing and picking and choosing citations to display them out of context.

Not to mention the alleged "science students" knew suspiciously little science. Methinks the whole thing was done with actors.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It wouldn't be possible to tell how useful anything that might be posted here would be without first knowing whether or not you have done any reading or research on the subject of the thread. And quite frankly, your avoidance of the question I asked makes me not hold my breath for a productive, informed discussion.

I don't many evolution-deniers who've ever read a text on evolution, DS. I don't suspect it's any different in this case.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I'd bet money the people in the video portrayed as science students are either in the bottom of their classes academically or are actually actors merely pretending to be science students. Those are some pretty dumb students, when it comes to science. Strangely enough, they don't know any more about evolution than you do, Pegg.

the question posed was; can you give 1 example of one type of animal changing into another type of animal?

Can you give one example?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Tell us how you define a type of animal. And which authors support or perhaps challenge your criteria.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
the question posed was; can you give 1 example of one type of animal changing into another type of animal?

Can you give one example?

"Type" and "kind" are not terms from science, but from the Bible. They have nothing to do with either the fact or theory of evolution. You might know that, if you had ever read even a single book on evolution.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, at least PZ Meyers isn't a fake. But those students! They've got to be actors or in the lowest fifth of their classes.