• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution: Do you see the resemblence

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi!

Or perhaps closely connected by a Creator who designed us both to live on this planet?
Cheers!

The fossil record indicates that these designs have changed over time, ie: evolved. Evolutionary theories describe the various mechanisms by which these changes occur.

What alternative mechanism of change are you proposing?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
If a "thud" could echo...that would be the sound made by roli's absent rebuttals...

And scientific findings throughout the years have'nt been absent of proof,full of hypothesis,assumptions and one cover up after another.please spare me the condesending remarks.
The veneer you hide behind and so vehemently defend is something I would'nt be so proud of.
If you take their position. you as well appear as they do,conflicted,confused,desperate and at best, fictional story tellers.It seems no different than what you accuse creationists of,except you take pride in your association with the evolutionary movement,as if it makes you intellectual above the masses

If anything is empty, it is the evolutionists who feel they are more driven to provide some sort of evidence, regardless of it's validity than to hold their piece until it is confirmed.
The only difference is that when scientists are exposed or confronted with conflicting stories they use their complex terminology and elaborate methodical means to defend themselves and counter it with some sophisticated reasoning ans scientific terms that sounds convincing to the general public, but apprently is only a smoke screen.

Listen ,it's so convenient for evolution scientists to shift there thinking and create another hypothesis to cover over their former findings, which are exposed as fraud or false .
Once upon a time, scientists concluded we evolved from apes,conveniently their theories changed when these findings were found to be false and fabricated ie: , Lucy, Heidelberg ,Nebraska ,Piltdown ,Peking.
I'm sure your going to tell me this never happened and it was this or that.
How embarssing that would be to evolutionary professionalsand to be publically exposed ,like they have been,who are found to be either part of a hoax or very very deceived.

camanintx

Listen ,it's so convenient for evolution scientists to shift there thinking and create another hypothesis to cover over their former findings, which are exposed as fraud or false .

You do realize it was other evolutionary scientists who exposed those frauds and fakes, don't you?

And if you are going to discard the whole theory of evolution because of some frauds and fakes, shouldn't you be prepared to discard your belief in Christianity as well?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Or perhaps closely connected by a Creator who designed us both to live on this planet?
I'm not sure you want to go down this road. If you do want to claim that God in His infinite wisdom purposely designed us to live on this planet, you'll likely find it introduces more questions than it answers, such as:

- what is the design intent of the appendix? What possible good could a little unstable bomb in our abdomen do, besides make surgeons wealthy?

- why on Earth would an infinitely wise Creator design us with a single inlet tube for both air and food, so that we can be easily killed by a lack of care while eating?

- why would a just and merciful God create a combination of women's pelvises and babies' heads that often ends with death in childbirth unless surgical intervention is performed?

I can answer all those questions satisfactorily in an evolutionary context, but when I throw evolution away and assume direct special Creation by God, I can't explain any of them.

Mr. Peanut

The fossil record indicates that these designs have changed over time, ie: evolved. Evolutionary theories describe the various mechanisms by which these changes occur.

What alternative mechanism of change are you proposing?
Hi!

I wasn't. I just asked if these could have had a common creator. The fossil record indicates dogs are still dogs, cats are still cats, etc. I see only some changes within species in the fossil record.

Cheers!

Mr. Peanut

I'm not sure you want to go down this road. If you do want to claim that God in His infinite wisdom purposely designed us to live on this planet, you'll likely find it introduces more questions than it answers, such as:

- what is the design intent of the appendix? What possible good could a little unstable bomb in our abdomen do, besides make surgeons wealthy?

- why on Earth would an infinitely wise Creator design us with a single inlet tube for both air and food, so that we can be easily killed by a lack of care while eating?

- why would a just and merciful God create a combination of women's pelvises and babies' heads that often ends with death in childbirth unless surgical intervention is performed?

I can answer all those questions satisfactorily in an evolutionary context, but when I throw evolution away and assume direct special Creation by God, I can't explain any of them.
Hi!

The only road I proposed was the possiblity these had a common creator. As far as the appendix, while we can live without it, like we can live without some limbs and etc., it has been shown to produce cells which help us fight off different diseases. As far as the windpipe and the 'baby' pipe, remember in the beginning, there was no death, according to the Bible. With sin came death and difficulty in child-bearing. The complexity and design of these very organs shows forth a very intelligent and creative creator to me.

Cheers!

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Hi!

When I examine the honey-bee or the human eye and etc., I think he is way beyond our intelligence when it comes to design.

Cheers!

Yet we allready know much of the eye and the bee and somehow it doesn't seem like the still gaining knowledge is about to stop 'gaining'..

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hi!

The only road I proposed was the possiblity these had a common creator.
Which implies purposeful design and creation. We can glimpse the intent of the creator by examining the creation, can we not?

As far as the appendix, while we can live without it, like we can live without some limbs and etc., it has been shown to produce cells which help us fight off different diseases.
That's been hypothesized, but no actual evidence has been found. In reality, it's a vestigal organ: a whithered version of an organ that's used in some pure herbivores to digest rough plant matter... but the whole idea of vestigal organs doesn't make sense unless you accept evolution.

As far as the windpipe and the 'baby' pipe, remember in the beginning, there was no death, according to the Bible. With sin came death and difficulty in child-bearing.
So death and difficulty in child-bearing weren't originally foreseen by God?

Actually, if you go by the literal Genesis account, the difficulties in child-bearing were purposefully created by God (Genesis 3:16, NIV):

To the woman he said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.

The complexity and design of these very organs shows forth a very intelligent and creative creator to me.
The design of the de Haviland Comet showed an intelligent and creative creator, but also a creator with fatally imperfect knowledge (in this case, of metal fatigue and stress concentrations).

The design of the walkways at the Kansas City Hyatt Regency Hotel showed an intelligent and creative creator, but also a creator who was grossly negligent.

If life as we know it is all directly, specifically, and purposefully created by a divine Creator as you claim, do you really think that we can't conclude anything about that Creator beyond the two attributes you mentioned?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
oh yeah, with my retinas sliding off the back of my eyes... God ain't getting any awards for "good design".

As for a god that would kill a woman in child-birth for no good reason other than he was annoyed with her great great... extrapolate as needed... grandmother.... what a jerk!

Sorry, I'll give my creator a bit more credit for being intelligent and a lot more merciful thanks.

If a human designs a bridge that fails for poor design we sue him... God makes a bad design and suddenly its ok?
"oh he meant to do that."
Again, makes God seem either a jerk or just incompetent.

wa:do

camanintx

Hi!

I wasn't. I just asked if these could have had a common creator. The fossil record indicates dogs are still dogs, cats are still cats, etc. I see only some changes within species in the fossil record.

Cheers!

You won't find a recognizable cross between dogs and cats in the fossil record because they belong to different orders, not just species. However, you will find a cross between dogs and bears or even cats and hyenas.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
roli and Mr. Peanut, I have asked both of your both of these questions before, and neither of you has chosen to answer them:

1. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION SAYS?
2. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE EVIDENCE IS IN FAVOR OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Hi!

Cheers!

If you found a dog/cat, it would falsify the actual Theory of Evolution (ToE), so biologists would be quite surprised by that.

So, you're familiar with the fossil record then? Get much chance to examine it? Please tell us more about it. Here's a challenge for both you and roli, directly pertinent to the subject of this thread: Which of these skulls are human, and which are non-human primate?

hominids2.jpg

Mr. Peanut

Which implies purposeful design and creation. We can glimpse the intent of the creator by examining the creation, can we not?

That's been hypothesized, but no actual evidence has been found. In reality, it's a vestigal organ: a whithered version of an organ that's used in some pure herbivores to digest rough plant matter... but the whole idea of vestigal organs doesn't make sense unless you accept evolution.
I don't believe in vestigial organs, I believe the appendix was created for a purpose.

So death and difficulty in child-bearing weren't originally foreseen by God?
Foreseen, but not orignal. Everything was very good before the fall.

Actually, if you go by the literal Genesis account, the difficulties in child-bearing were purposefully created by God (Genesis 3:16, NIV):
As a result of sin and the fall. It is a temporary condition.

The design of the de Haviland Comet showed an intelligent and creative creator, but also a creator with fatally imperfect knowledge (in this case, of metal fatigue and stress concentrations).

The design of the walkways at the Kansas City Hyatt Regency Hotel showed an intelligent and creative creator, but also a creator who was grossly negligent.
humans...

If life as we know it is all directly, specifically, and purposefully created by a divine Creator as you claim, do you really think that we can't conclude anything about that Creator beyond the two attributes you mentioned?
Not at all. The greatest breakthroughs and inventions were discovered by scientists who understood God created the world and the laws governing it.

Cheers!