• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution based on random mutations and natural selection

ArtieE

Who said to you that i don't believe in evolution ?
From the OP:
"Endless of questions can be asked and answers are always a guess work for what had happened billions of years ago but they agree that no intelligence were required or any kind of design but it just happened to be so according to the circumstances and the events, they don't even dare to call it coincidences, chances and accidents because it'll show how stupid their theory is,". I assumed that you don't believe in what you call "stupid" theories. If you do I take it back.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
From the OP:
"Endless of questions can be asked and answers are always a guess work for what had happened billions of years ago but they agree that no intelligence were required or any kind of design but it just happened to be so according to the circumstances and the events, they don't even dare to call it coincidences, chances and accidents because it'll show how stupid their theory is,". I assumed that you don't believe in what you call "stupid" theories. If you do I take it back.

I'm against the idea that it wasn't planned or designed.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Endless of questions can be asked and answers are always a guess work for what had happened billions of years ago but they agree that no intelligence were required or any kind of design but it just happened to be so according to the circumstances and the events, they don't even dare to call it coincidences, chances and accidents because it'll show how stupid their theory is, and if we say mutations are random then they'll say "but natural selection isn't", if we ask why we can't see any change of kinds, then their answer will be "it takes millions of years for that to happen".

This thread is made as to ask questions for the evolutionists and hope the creationists (if they still do exist) to share their questions and ideas.

I start with one known question , hope to have a healthy argument than silly comments.

How the fish survived on land for millions of years before having legs ? fishes don't need legs in water but only fins, why the fish need to leave the water to live on land, was it due to curiosity or searching for foods ? what forced the fish to leaves its environment to entirely a different one ? humans lived close to the sea for millions of years will they eventually evolve into fishes (reverse evolution if i may say), i think human won't evolve into fishes regardless of the time they can live in the sea because it isn't their environment and they'll die before being evolved to a fish (like creature).
Myths about Evolution that Deniers Fraudulently Claim.

Myth 1: It's just a theory

The truth:The word "theory" has a different meaning inside the scientific community than it does elsewhere.

In everyday language, you and I would use "theory" to describe a whim feeling: a theory that eating the crust on your sandwiches makes you taller, or, say, that Marty Hart's daughter onTrue Detectivewas actually involved with the Tuttle clan the whole time (pshh).

Either would totally work in this case. In the general sense, an idea doesn't necessarily need to make sense, or even be true, to be considered a theory.

A scientific theory, on the other hand, refers to a comprehensive explanation for a variety of phenomena.

It begins as a hypothesis. Then, if enough evidence exists to support it, through repeated and thorough testing, itmoves to the next stepin the scientific method — a theory — where it is accepted as a credible explanation.

One example is atomic theory, which shows how matter is composed of atoms.

Evolution, similarly, is accepted by the vast majority of scientists and backed up by research in fields such as embryology,molecular biologyand paleontology.

(For example, it'smorethan a feeling.)

Myth 2: Humans are not currently evolving
The truth:We are still evolving biologically.

One example: Long ago — 2,000 years ago, to be exact — most humans couldn't consume milk past the age of five. The majority of everyone's production of lactase, the enzyme that allows mammals to digest the lactose found in milk and other dairy products, rapidly slowed at that age.

Then, sometime around 10,000 B.C. near modern-day Turkey, a genetic mutation in one humanchanged the lactase production. The gene passed. Over the next few thousand years, it continued to spread, and soon most people in the Eurasia region could spend their entire lives drinking milk.

Myth 3: Individual organisms can evolve in a single life span
The truth:Evolutionary change refers to transformations in the genetic makeup of populations over generations, not lifetimes.

So entire populations, not individual organisms, evolve. And it takes a while.

New gene variants are produced by random mutation. Over the course of time — many, many generations —natural selectionfavors the most advantageous ones.

This causes them to become more common in the population (again, over time).

Myth 4: Evolution isn't science because it's not observable or testable
The truth:Not all science investigations involve direct experiments.

Evolutioncanstill be studied with controlled experiments in, say, a laboratory setting. Using organisms with short life spans, such as bacteria or flies, scientists can actuallyobserve evolutionover the course of an experiment.

One example you're probably familiar with: antibiotic resistance.

Antibiotic resistance evolves via natural selection of random mutation. After exposure to one or more antibiotics, some subpopulations of microorganisms are able to survive, spawning the nickname "superbugs."

It's the reason doctors are constantly having to develop new antibiotics — and a direct consequence of evolution via natural selection.

With that in mind, says Marcus Kronforst, Ph.D., assistant professor of ecology and evolution at the University of Chicago, it's important to always take the full course of antibiotics you're prescribed. Stopping antibiotics early kills some, but not all, the bacteria, which generates natural selection for superbugs.

You should also stray from taking antibiotics for the cold or flu, says Kronforst. The cold are flu are both viral infections, and unnecessary use of antibiotics is the root cause for all types of resistance.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I'm against the idea that it wasn't planned or designed.
I think that is due to a fundamental misunderstanding of Evolution that you hold. How do you get passed the notion that, if it was planned or designed, it is an extremely inefficient method. There is so much death and suffering inherent to the process. Why would God choose such a dirty method?

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
The first fish that came ashore already had legs of some kind, most likely. How does that not make sense?

Another thing that I'd read somewhere (Sorry, no source ) is that lungs are less efficient at acquiring oxygen than gills. Lungs can only pull it directly from air, where gills can extract it from water.

On land, fish only drown because their gills get tangled or dried out. It's not that their gills can't get the oxygen in the air.

We always think of evolution as progress, but it's just different. Once
lungs developed to be protected inside a body cavity, they were also weaker. Whatever mutation produced that protection, it made air breathing possible. But the lungs much have also been weaker overall (as many mutations are).

For me, a divine plan would have kept the lungs as strong as the gills, so they could extract oxygen from water and air. No reason to lose that. No more drowning, and the oceans open up to us in a way they hadn't before.

Dolphins and whales don't even get the efficiency of gills, which is hard to understand as a purposeful design, and not just a series of mutations over millions of years.

Kuzcotopia

Sorry my friend, i'm really overloaded with replies that i missed some.:)

What we know about jinn that they can't be seen, unseen creatures, they can take several forms and shapes, some will try to hurt humans.

Some details about them came with some hadith and you can't trust all of them as some were false or fabricated.

But the important points can be in short, Jinns can be unseen and can find their way to pollute foods and hence the advice of the prophet to keep food protected from them, they can pass from air and hence the prophet asked to put our hands on our mouth when sneezing as to prevent it from spreading, he asked not to visit a polluted area with a spreading disease and those living in the area should not leave it, he said the harmful snakes are a form of the Jinn and not all snakes are harmful ones....etc

You may find several articles about the Jinn and what kind of creatures are they but i don't have a specific one but in general they're unseen, they like dirties, they can take several forms, some are harmful and they can cause disease and even they can cause someone to go crazy that no medicine can even cure.

Thanks for your take on it. I appreciate your time.

Unification

Endless of questions can be asked and answers are always a guess work for what had happened billions of years ago but they agree that no intelligence were required or any kind of design but it just happened to be so according to the circumstances and the events, they don't even dare to call it coincidences, chances and accidents because it'll show how stupid their theory is, and if we say mutations are random then they'll say "but natural selection isn't", if we ask why we can't see any change of kinds, then their answer will be "it takes millions of years for that to happen".

This thread is made as to ask questions for the evolutionists and hope the creationists (if they still do exist) to share their questions and ideas.

I start with one known question , hope to have a healthy argument than silly comments.

How the fish survived on land for millions of years before having legs ? fishes don't need legs in water but only fins, why the fish need to leave the water to live on land, was it due to curiosity or searching for foods ? what forced the fish to leaves its environment to entirely a different one ? humans lived close to the sea for millions of years will they eventually evolve into fishes (reverse evolution if i may say), i think human won't evolve into fishes regardless of the time they can live in the sea because it isn't their environment and they'll die before being evolved to a fish (like creature).

The tabernacle of God is the brain with the 12 cranial nerves camped around it. (12 tribes)
I know the kingdom was divided into the North and South tribes. 10 north and 2 south. The 2 nerves connected to the cerebrum and the other 10 to the brain stem.

Just trying put the Adam (atom) together with the male and female in him (positive-negative/proton-electron)

Light/darkness good/evil etc.

All life made by splitting of an Atom (removing rib -electron? Big Bang?)

I'm not that great with science or evolution but I know intelligent design and evolution likely both took place.

Would removing a rib (ribosome) from an Adam (Atom) do anything?

I also know Abraham-Issaic-Jacob are the triune brain of neocortex-Limbic-and reptilian brain in which also the one good and one evil came (eastern hemisphere and Western Hemisphere of brain)

dust1n

Zindīq
tetrapod_evo.jpg

The origin of tetrapods

Shad

Veteran Member
Another thing that I'd read somewhere (Sorry, no source ) is that lungs are less efficient at acquiring oxygen than gills. Lungs can only pull it directly from air, where gills can extract it from water.

On land, fish only drown because their gills get tangled or dried out. It's not that their gills can't get the oxygen in the air.

We always think of evolution as progress, but it's just different. Once
lungs developed to be protected inside a body cavity, they were also weaker. Whatever mutation produced that protection, it made air breathing possible. But the lungs much have also been weaker overall (as many mutations are).

For me, a divine plan would have kept the lungs as strong as the gills, so they could extract oxygen from water and air. No reason to lose that. No more drowning, and the oceans open up to us in a way they hadn't before.

Dolphins and whales don't even get the efficiency of gills, which is hard to understand as a purposeful design, and not just a series of mutations over millions of years.

The Lung system, with or without air bladders (birds), is consumption of oxygen for a body which greater than what can be provided by, swimming, natural air flow or water currents. Efficiency comes down to the energy expended in order to gain oxygen. Bodies with a high metabolism require a high energy intake, whales, while bodies with a low metabolism require less energy, fish. Gills are efficient with the later not the former. It comes down to not just the requirements of the body for oxygen but energy consumption itself; food, movement, bodily functions, bodily organs, etc.

Kuzcotopia

The Lung system, with or without air bladders (birds), is consumption of oxygen for a body which greater than what can be provided by, swimming, natural air flow or water currents. Efficiency comes down to the energy expended in order to gain oxygen. Bodies with a high metabolism require a high energy intake, whales, while bodies with a low metabolism require less energy, fish. Gills are efficient with the later not the former. It comes down to not just the requirements of the body for oxygen but energy consumption itself; food, movement, bodily functions, bodily organs, etc.

Wow cool. Thanks for the clarification!

Shad

Veteran Member
Thank you, but that doesn't answer the question which is what forced marine organisms to find and adapt to a new environment.

Click the link and read it. The information you are looking for is on the page.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Evolution by ID and not by randomness which later on refined by natural selection.
... is fiction, quite at odds with how things are actually observed to happen.

Unless, I suppose, you are proposing some sort of blind intelligent design.