• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, as many percieve it, is wrong Part 2

camanintx

I asked for evidence, not opinion.

Have they found any evidence, other than a single 3,000 year old literary reference, that someone built a boat capable of carrying over 2,000 animals of every size for over a month?

If we are all descended from Noah's family, then why does our mitochondrial DNA trace back to a single ancestor from 140,000 years ago?

If the flood destroyed all land animals except those carried on the ark, then all of the animals in Australia would have had to come from Asia. So why are 83% of the mammals in Australia found nowhere else?

joeboonda

I asked for evidence, not opinion.

Have they found any evidence, other than a single 3,000 year old literary reference, that someone built a boat capable of carrying over 2,000 animals of every size for over a month?
I believe so: It has been shown to have been feasible at least. Some articles for the interested:
Yes, Noah did build an Ark—response to the BBC article ‘Did Noah really build an Ark?’
How was there enough room for all the animals on Noah’s Ark?
What did Noah’s Ark look like, inside and out?
Is Noah’s Ark located somewhere on Mount Ararat? Is there any particular reason scientists seem to suspect this site?
If we are all descended from Noah's family, then why does our mitochondrial DNA trace back to a single ancestor from 140,000 years ago?
140,000 yrs. While I disagree with that figure, I do not disagree our DNA traces to a single ancestor, I believe his name is Adam.

I
f the flood destroyed all land animals except those carried on the ark, then all of the animals in Australia would have had to come from Asia. So why are 83% of the mammals in Australia found nowhere else?
Answer is here:How did animals get from the Ark to places such as Australia? (How did the animals get from remote countries to the ark? After the flood, did kangaroos hop all the way to Australia? What did koalas eat on the way?)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Why did god spare the fish?

There must be a ton of evil fish swimming about. And, evil ducks, swans and other swimming birds.

How come only land animals were destroyed, and not sea creatures?

camanintx

I believe so: It has been shown to have been feasible at least. Some articles for the interested:
Just because something is feasible doesn't mean that it happened. You can link to all the articles you want about floods and geology, but you haven't produced one shred of evidence that anyone build an ark and saved two of every kind.

140,000 yrs. While I disagree with that figure, I do not disagree our DNA traces to a single ancestor, I believe his name is Adam.
If Noah's family were the only survivors of the great flood, then our DNA would trace to them, not Adam. Yet there is no evidence of a common ancestor only 4,000 years ago. Why?

Answer is here:How did animals get from the Ark to places such as Australia? (How did the animals get from remote countries to the ark? After the flood, did kangaroos hop all the way to Australia? What did koalas eat on the way?)
While this explains how animals might have gotten to Australia, it doesn't explain why so many animals only went to Australia.

You claim that evolution is unsubstantiated yet all you can offer for evidence for creationism is "it could happen".

joeboonda

Why did god spare the fish?

There must be a ton of evil fish swimming about. And, evil ducks, swans and other swimming birds.

How come only land animals were destroyed, and not sea creatures?
Its the humans that were evil. AiG has some great article concerning the fish, the whole fresh-water salt-water thing, etc. if interested.

joeboonda

Just because something is feasible doesn't mean that it happened. You can link to all the articles you want about floods and geology, but you haven't produced one shred of evidence that anyone build an ark and saved two of every kind.
I don't have evidence except the witness of men that Jesus walked on the water, healed the sick, raised the dead, fed the multitudes, etc. but I believe he did. Sorry, I am not going to go on an expedition to Mt. Ararat and try to dig up Noah's Ark for you. I believe God, who cannot lie, his Word which contains detailed prophecies that came true and are coming true, proving he alone knows the future and is God, I believe Jesus', the prophets and apostles did not lie about Noah and the Flood.

If Noah's family were the only survivors of the great flood, then our DNA would trace to them, not Adam. Yet there is no evidence of a common ancestor only 4,000 years ago. Why?
The DNA still went back to Adam as Noah inherited it from his ancestors.

While this explains how animals might have gotten to Australia, it doesn't explain why so many animals only went to Australia.
So? Who says the went only there and did not go other places but did not adapt or whatever?

You claim that evolution is unsubstantiated yet all you can offer for evidence for creationism is "it could happen".
The evidence for creation to me is overwhelming, I am sorry you don't see it. When I examine it it is not that it could happen, I am convinced without a shadow of a doubt that it DID happen. But evolution, sorry, no way.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I was under the impressions that birds also must eat very often because of their metabolism
Birds with the highest metabolisms can slow thier metabolism at night to prevent starvation and sleep. Shrews can't do this and most sleep only ten to 15 minutes at a time. Otherwise they would starve to .
Yes, assuming that you live totally isolated with means of communication.
Unlikely. Losing your keys is not a matter of life and and never will be, unless somebody threatens to blow your head off unless you give him the keys
thats me... no cell phones (no reception), few year-round neighbours... Its an intresting situation, keeps me on my toes. ;)
Lost power for a week last winter and it really makes you appreciate modern convieniences. (like running water... ick)
Not all. Elephants are fairly high up on the food chain because few things can take them down.
of cource not all... most lions will never even see an Elephant in thier lives. But those lions that do live around Elephants and prey on them are surprizingly successful.
You mean the light sensors?
No I mean eyes. The box jelly has 24 eyes, complete with lens, retna and iris. No brain, but they see and react to what they see, however blurry the image. Jellies are full of surprizes. :cool:
Which is why I had the word "a primary" not "the primary"
The point remains that we are on the menu when the hungry predator has the oportunity.
Thats interesting.
It takes a surly and smart prey animal to systematically attempt to kill its predators. ;)
The most dangerous weapon is the simplest one.
Complexity isn't always superiority.

wa:do

camanintx

The evidence for creation to me is overwhelming, I am sorry you don't see it. When I examine it it is not that it could happen, I am convinced without a shadow of a doubt that it DID happen. But evolution, sorry, no way.

And yet you believe that the millions of species existing today evolved from the 2,000 or so animals on Noah's Ark.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Birds with the highest metabolisms can slow thier metabolism at night to prevent starvation and sleep. Shrews can't do this and most sleep only ten to 15 minutes at a time. Otherwise they would starve to .
But they still must eat often. Beh
thats me... no cell phones (no reception), few year-round neighbours... Its an intresting situation, keeps me on my toes. ;)
No viable means of transportation? How do you get to your house then?
Lost power for a week last winter and it really makes you appreciate modern convieniences. (like running water... ick)
Going to my uncle's place makes me appreciate plastic, which can't crack.
of cource not all... most lions will never even see an Elephant in thier lives. But those lions that do live around Elephants and prey on them are surprizingly successful.
Yes, but I doubt that most lions near elephants actually bother to hunt them. Its easier to just kill a zebra or something.
No I mean eyes. The box jelly has 24 eyes, complete with lens, retna and iris. No brain, but they see and react to what they see, however blurry the image. Jellies are full of surprizes. :cool:
Ah. interesting. I thought that the most complex jellyfishes had light sensors.But if it has no brain, how does it interpret the image?
The point remains that we are on the menu when the hungry predator has the oportunity.
Not really. Sharks rarely will eat people for instance. They just wonder what we are and find out by biting. Unpleasant for whatever they are examining.
It takes a surly and smart prey animal to systematically attempt to kill its predators. ;)
Or just a very big strong one.
Complexity isn't always superiority.
Yep. Complexity is just that. Complexity.
If I had to specifically state what evolutionary success was, I would say that a species which can remove itself from natural selection entirely is successful.