• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for and against young earth creationism.

Brian Schuh

Well, that is a stretch.

It does not say anywhere that the mountains were lowered during the flood and raised after that. With this level of rationalizations I could prove that Mother Goose exists by interpreting my doctor's prescriptions.

So, back to my second question. Why do you think that the flood explains mass extinctions? Not enough place in the ark?

Ciao

- viole
There is a legend that before the flood, people created amalgamations between different animals as well as between animals and humans. And also there were amalgamations between the sons of God and human women. All of these were destroyed by the Flood. Only species God intended survived.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yeah possibly only the animals that God wanted to survive went into the ark. and after the flood the animals were changed so that they feared man.
Somewhere I read that God lowered the mountains. Noah was closed in the ark and all the windows were closed so he couldnt see what was happening outside, surviving by miracle. So it's possible the entire landscape was changed during the flood. mountains lowered and raised up again.
Ah, magic! :emojconfused:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Power of God. If you can believe God created the universe, a little rain and moving mountains is childsplay.
Apparently it makes it easier to just believe whatever you want to believe without having to actually provide any explanation whatsoever. Can't explain it? Why, just make something up!

I need more than wishful thinking to go on.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Apparently it makes it easier to just believe whatever you want to believe without having to actually provide any explanation whatsoever. Can't explain it? Why, just make something up!

I need more than wishful thinking to go on.
So did everybody but Noah...

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Pardon?

How do we know Noah and his ark even existed in the first place? There's no evidence of some massive global flood of the kind described in the Bible. There's no evidence that there was ever any ark at all either.
Marine fossils on the top of Mount Everest was the evidence we were going with. The ark was made of Gopher wood, though it might have lasted a while, would have rotted away or the lumber repurposed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Marine fossils on the top of Mount Everest was the evidence we were going with.
That doesn't mean there was a global flood, no more than marine fossils in a desert do. The Earth changes, environments themselves live and die, and places that were ocean are barren and places that were once flat are now mountains.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That doesn't mean there was a global flood, no more than marine fossils in a desert do. The Earth changes, environments themselves live and die, and places that were ocean are barren and places that were once flat are now mountains.
It doesn't mean there wasn't one either.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Marine fossils on the top of Mount Everest was the evidence we were going with.
How is that proof of a global flood? Do you not know how mountains are formed?

The ark was made of Gopher wood, though it might have lasted a while, would have rotted away or the lumber repurposed.
What is gopher wood? Where can I find it and examine it and demonstrate that it would have rotted away or been repurposed?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
How is that proof of a global flood? Do you not know how mountains are formed?

What is gopher wood? Where can I find it and examine it and demonstrate that it would have rotted away or been repurposed?
Try hewing some lumber by hand, as they would have in Noah's day, Then tell me if you would try to reuse the lumber, or let it sit and rot. Nobody is really sure what Gopher wood is.

We have never seen a mountain formed, but science says they grow over millions of years a the earths plates collide together. Which is as arguable as evolution theory. Because, God could have made the existing mountains melt like wax, then form new mountains after the flood, complete with marine fossiles at their tops.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Try hewing some lumber by hand, as they would have in Noah's day, Then tell me if you would try to reuse the lumber, or let it sit and rot. Nobody is really sure what Gopher wood is.

We have never seen a mountain formed, but science says they grow over millions of years a the earths plates collide together. Which is as arguable as evolution theory. Because, God could have made the existing mountains melt like wax, then form new mountains after the flood, complete with marine fossiles at their tops.
And now we're back to magic again.

Like I said, I need more than wishful thinking and magic.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You mean you haven't interpreted any evidence to suggest it happened, is probably a more accurate saying.
No, I'm saying there is no geological evidence that there was a global flood, and there are too many cultures that went uninterrupted when this flood was alleged to have happened. If the flood were true, we could expect to see pretty much just about Middle Eastern, Oriental, and American culture that existed at the time to have abruptly ended, but we find plenty of flood stories, but no actual signs that every single culture at that time, including the major and thriving ones, abruptly coming to an end at the exact same time.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
No, I'm saying there is no geological evidence that there was a global flood, and there are too many cultures that went uninterrupted when this flood was alleged to have happened. If the flood were true, we could expect to see pretty much just about Middle Eastern, Oriental, and American culture that existed at the time to have abruptly ended, but we find plenty of flood stories, but no actual signs that every single culture at that time, including the major and thriving ones, abruptly coming to an end at the exact same time.

Well maybe God didn't lower all the mountains, creative license...Some people may have survived. But generally speaking everything was destroyed. One survivor mentioned was the Anak, a race of giants, though they were later killed off.

Numbers 13:33 its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. 33"There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight."