• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for a god existing or not existing

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
How do you know? How do you know that it isn't that some people are born (or raised) with a tendency to see a god where none actually exists?

It’s a capacity confined to humans. The vegetable, mineral and animal kingdoms are bereft of this.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
It’s a capacity confined to humans. The vegetable, mineral and animal kingdoms are bereft of this.

Firstly, how do you know? I mean, I'll accept that vegetables an minerals are unlikely to have any sense of god (true or false) but can you categorically rule out all other (non-human) animals?

Secondly, so what? It doesn't tell us anything about whether it's that some people recognise a god or some people have a tendency to see a god where none actually exists.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
No one is trying to disprove god. We do not have to. The burden of proof lies upon those that claim a god exists. You are still misusing the word "know".

Self knowing does not require proof or any explanation to others. I know God exists because I see him as clearly as one sees the sun with their outward eyes. But those who cannot see the sun does not change or alter the fact the sun exists, only that their eyesight or inner sight is impaired with regards to seeing God.

ratiocinator

Like the eye sees the sun, the spirit sees God. It’s that clear. No test is required.

So what if I say something like "Like the eye sees the darkness between the stars, the spirit sees that there is no God. It’s that clear. No test is required." Now what?

ratiocinator

But those who cannot see the sun does not change or alter the fact the sun exists, only that their eyesight or inner sight is impaired.

And if somebody sees something that isn't there because they're hallucinating or their sight is impaired, that doesn't change the fact that it's not there. How do you know it's your "inner sight" that is working and it's mine that isn't?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Tests or evidence are required for all claims. Right now your actions are saying not only do you not know, you are providing evidence that your particular version of god does not exist.

I have all the proof and evidence for myself. I don’t need others to verify or vindicate what I know. It’s as clear as the sun at midday to me but you will have to travel your own journey. I cannot find God for you.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Firstly, how do you know? I mean, I'll accept that vegetables an minerals are unlikely to have any sense of god (true or false) but can you categorically rule out all other (non-human) animals?

Secondly, so what? It doesn't tell us anything about whether it's that some people recognise a god or some people have a tendency to see a god where none actually exists.

One must seek out God for themselves. I did and found Him but I cannot search for God for you. Only you can do that and God willing you will find Him.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
So what if I say something like "Like the eye sees the darkness between the stars, the spirit sees that there is no God. It’s that clear. No test is required." Now what?

When one has found God proofs are no longer necessary. His greatest proof is His own Self.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
And if somebody sees something that isn't there because they're hallucinating or their sight is impaired, that doesn't change the fact that it's not there. How do you know it's your "inner sight" that is working and it's mine that isn't?

When one finds God then there is no doubt remaining. It is crystal clear.