• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyday miracles?

LovebirdsFlying

Mrs. Brady
I got to thinking. There are some fringe religious groups who don't believe in medical care, etc., saying to rely on God alone. Somehow they believe it doesn't "count" as a healing from God, if human aid was involved. Can't God work through the natural as well as the supernatural? Isn't it a form of limiting Him, putting restrictions on Him, if we tell Him that He *must* work without human hands?

The way I see it:

If someone gets ill and recovers, it's a miracle, whether or not a doctor dispensed medicine or performed surgery. It's a miracle even if it is only a minor illness or injury, and goes away "on its own."

When a child is born, it's a miracle, even though it happens numerous times a day.

A colorful sunrise/sunset is a miracle.

"Close calls," such as nearly falling and hurting yourself, but not, are certainly miracles.

"Coincidences," such as your sister calling you from thousands of miles away, when you hadn't heard from her in months but were just thinking about her, are miracles.

Just because something can be explained in the natural, or humans brought it into being, doesn't mean it's not a miracle.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Kerr

Guess it depends on what you mean by miracle. Do not personally believe in "real" miracles, as in I do not believe in that there are anything supernatural about it, even though sometimes miraculous things do happen (for example, know someone whos friend was driven into a wall by a car, they said she would never walk again but 6 months later she was walking again... and they didn´t even perform surgery on her).

I got to thinking. There are some fringe religious groups who don't believe in medical care, etc., saying to rely on God alone. Somehow they believe it doesn't "count" as a healing from God, if human aid was involved. Can't God work through the natural as well as the supernatural? Isn't it a form of limiting Him, putting restrictions on Him, if we tell Him that He *must* work without human hands?
I think this is a good point.