• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everybody wants to go to heaven. But nobody wants to go now.

melk

christian open minded
.Heaven is where God's government is.It is reserved for those who will reign with Jesus Christ.Only those blessed with God's holy spirit have the heavenly calling.All others who do as God commands will reside on earth forever.As intended from the beginning.

Hi, BS
Develop a little bit more, please. Why is there this difference between those who go to heaven and those who stay on earth? When will the first go to heaven, or are they already there? How will they govern earth, being in heaven? Isn't this similar to the catholic belief of the saints intervening to Jesus?

Last edited:
Hi, BS
Develop a little bit more, please. Why is there this difference between those who go to heaven and those who stay on earth? When will the first go to heaven, or are they already there? How will they govern earth, being in heaven? Isn't this similar to the catholic belief of the saints intervening to Jesus?

Those who go to heaven are those who have been chosen to reign with Jesus Christ.This is only a selected few.Those such as the original disciples,those at the pentecost of 33 C.E. and some others.It speaks of these in Revelation.144,000.

The ones who stay on earth are the ones who do not have heavenly hope.They have not been chosen and blessed with God's holy spirit.They are not anointed ones.They will reside on earth.The ones who walk through after the end when the wicked are destroyed, and those who will be resurrected, will reside on earth.This is during the 1,000 year reign.

Most of the anointed ones are already in heaven.There are still some on earth.These anointed ones were promised their place in heaven once Jesus Christ took his place as King.This is said to occur once the 2,520 year prophecy better known as the Appointed times of the Nations prophecy comes to an end and is fulfilled.This time began in 607 B.C.E. if you go 2,520 years into the future we come to the year 1914 C.E. This is when Jesus took his place a King in heaven and cast down satan and his demons down to earth.Do you know what significant thing occurred in this year,1914?WWI There had never been a war that involved the entire world before.This was a sign that satan was on earth,angry and like a lion ready to devour.He knows his time is short.

Earth will be governed from heaven the same way it has been in the past by God.Heaven is the dwelling place of God's government.His angels reside there.Those who are not part of this system reside on earth.

Intercede? The saints do not intervene to or for Jesus.There is no one else but Jesus.He is the only mediator between man and God.One can only come to God through Jesus Christ.He is the high priest.That is why we pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hi, BS

No, the JW's beliefs on this have almost nothing to do with Catholic teachings.

roger1440

I do stuff
Not in the Bible though. Like Cephus pointed out, many early Christians were willing to kill themselves to go to heaven faster, until it was declared a sin. Jesus never said anything about it. Perhaps he didn't realize the consequences of his new religion?
Maybe some of the early Christians didn't get the memo.

Faybull

Those who go to heaven are those who have been chosen to reign with Jesus Christ.This is only a selected few.Those such as the original disciples,those at the pentecost of 33 C.E. and some others.It speaks of these in Revelation.144,000.

The ones who stay on earth are the ones who do not have heavenly hope.They have not been chosen and blessed with God's holy spirit.They are not anointed ones.They will reside on earth.The ones who walk through after the end when the wicked are destroyed, and those who will be resurrected, will reside on earth.This is during the 1,000 year reign.

Most of the anointed ones are already in heaven.There are still some on earth.These anointed ones were promised their place in heaven once Jesus Christ took his place as King.This is said to occur once the 2,520 year prophecy better known as the Appointed times of the Nations prophecy comes to an end and is fulfilled.This time began in 607 B.C.E. if you go 2,520 years into the future we come to the year 1914 C.E. This is when Jesus took his place a King in heaven and cast down satan and his demons down to earth.Do you know what significant thing occurred in this year,1914?WWI There had never been a war that involved the entire world before.This was a sign that satan was on earth,angry and like a lion ready to devour.He knows his time is short.

Earth will be governed from heaven the same way it has been in the past by God.Heaven is the dwelling place of God's government.His angels reside there.Those who are not part of this system reside on earth.

Intercede? The saints do not intervene to or for Jesus.There is no one else but Jesus.He is the only mediator between man and God.One can only come to God through Jesus Christ.He is the high priest.That is why we pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

The 144000 are with him on Earth. Mount Zion isn't in the Heavens. They are also, redeemed from the Earth. They are "sealed". I would assert they are on the Earth when "sealed". I'll have to look up the verse. Interesting though.

Faybull

I have a question, being these 144000 are referenced:

I am looking at the Greek, an interlinear, and the "not" precedes the "have been defiled", it doesn't precede the "women". Reading it as is, it seems to be saying that being with women, haven't been defiled. I am wondering if they are married. Is this inferring they are married?
I am looking through it now, and for the few instances I have seen of this adverb "not", the "not" precedes the verb. As to say they weren't with women, the adverb "not" would negate the verb, modifying it, and that being so, it is negating the "have been defiled" part of the verse and not the "women" part.

Anyone know anything about this?

The 144000 are with him on Earth. Mount Zion isn't in the Heavens. They are also, redeemed from the Earth. They are "sealed". I would assert they are on the Earth when "sealed". I'll have to look up the verse. Interesting though.
The Mt. Zion that is spoken of is not a literal one on earth.

As Jesus had been rejected in earthly Jerusalem, it could not have been there that Jehovah laid his Son as “a tried stone, the precious corner of a sure foundation.” (Isa 28:16; Ro 9:32, 33; 1Pe 2:6) Rather, it must have been in the Zion concerning which Hebrew Christians were told: “But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels, in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens, and God the Judge of all, and the spiritual lives of righteous ones who have been made perfect, and Jesus the mediator of a new covenant.” (Heb 12:22-24)

Zion — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I wanna go to heaven NOW :(

No wait, don't kill me, WAIT!

:D

You know, sometimes I wish I go to sleep and never wake up. But when I remember that there are people out there that need me and would be sad for loosing me, I change my mind. Specially my mother. Life is not just about me.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
You know, sometimes I wish I go to sleep and never wake up. But when I remember that there are people out there that need me and would be sad for loosing me, I change my mind. Specially my mother. Life is not just about me.
Also, I'm in suspense of discovering what happens next in my life. It's a story, and I'm not just reading it, but living it.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Also, I'm in suspense of discovering what happens next in my life. It's a story, and I'm not just reading it, but living it.

Hey, sorry to know your having it hard. Suspense is not a good thing, I take it. The thing is, it is the same for me, but those around me give me strength to fight is and stay online. It is believed in my religion that taking care of the mother and respecting her is one way to heaven (Paradise), and that's aside from what I owe her for physically bringing me to this life.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Hey, sorry to know your having it hard.
That's the thing though. We all have it hard in one way or another.

Suspense is not a good thing, I take it.
I meant the good kind of suspense. :)

Like the curiosity and anticipation when you watch a great movie. There are great movies about people who have bad luck and tough times. You feel with them, and hope the best, and just want to see if things changes for the better. My life isn't too bad. But we've had some really bad times in the past. Now, I'm "Mr Mom", i.e. I'm a stay at home dad pretty much, while my wife now took on a career in the restaurant industry.

The thing is, it is the same for me, but those around me give me strength to fight is and stay online.
That's the key, to have people who care for you and who you care for. Being needed to stay and hang around is what helps us all through the tough times.

It is believed in my religion that taking care of the mother and respecting her is one way to heaven (Paradise), and that's aside from what I owe her for physically bringing me to this life.
That's a very nice belief.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think it's because people who believe in heaven also believe there is a purpose here first. And also there is attachment to their sense of ego as they are now. This attachment is quite understandable.

Last edited:

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I'm intensely curious about the future in general. I'd love to know what the world will be like in a hundred, thousand, or million years from now.