• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Every moment is a new memory born

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm not sure that's true. The brain has to write things into memory and simply isn't capable of retaining every little detail from every moment in a day.

Treks

I wonder how many memories you mind can store before it has to start overwriting old ones...

dust1n

Zindīq
I wonder how many memories you mind can store before it has to start overwriting old ones...

I think the brain is expected to hold something like 2+ petabytes. But you brain is overwriting old memories for new ones long before a physical limit of capacity if reached.

collectivedementia

home-base umpire
I think the brain is expected to hold something like 2+ petabytes. But you brain is overwriting old memories for new ones long before a physical limit of capacity if reached.
Yes, but it is a selective overwrite not a total one. I am pushing 60 and I still have some memories from when I was about 5 yrs. old, and upward from there.Most are kind of sketchy and not complete, but definitely real memories from experiences I had as a child. Some are good some are not so good.